feature requests

Nearly Missed It!! (Comic Book Forums)

• Nearly Missed It!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 3:21:38 am
  • August 8th is a special day, the eighth day of the eighth month. I still remember the day 31 years ago when massive numbers of weddings were held in honor of the lucky day. Fifty years ago it was both the date four musicians were being photographed marching across a crosswalk. It is also the date I am making my 888th post to CBR (It is just after midnight here, but it is still August 8th in Hawaii so technically it is all good). My favorite hobby in the world my entire life practically has been comics, and just wanted to say I am so appreciative of this community. Thank you to the Mods for all the work you do behind the scenes to keep this awesome place humming. Thank you to all the members who post their thoughts and opinions on this site. Thank you to the Trolls for staying away in numbers! Thank you to those who have bought some of my comics, or to those who have even taken a peek. Thank you to Stan and Jack and Steve for building that great Marvel Universe that transformed comics and saved more than a few lives along the way. It blows my mind to see how your creations have come to life on the sliver screens and have changed the way millions look at comic books and comic book creations. It is so commonplace to see people wearing comic book shirts and merch now - I never could have imagined it.
    Someday I may do a blog on this site, but in the meantime be certain that you are all appreciated for being part of this community.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 10:35:48 am
  • What an awesome tribute to 8-8, and certainly a joy to read.
    I had no idea about the Abbey Road cover either!
    More than anything, big congrats on your major 888th post, and know that you are appreciated by the members here too.
    And yes, without Jack, Stan and Steve, none of us would have this form of enjoyment that we all share today.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 2:18:56 pm
  • Wow. Thanks and gratz! Isn’t 8 also a lucky number for Chinese?

By the way, our last daughter was born 8/8:82.

Last edited August 11, 2019 7:32:37 am
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 11:44:27 am
  • Tenzil, congrats on your 888 posts! I agree with you that this is a fantastic community of comic book lovers.

By the way, 8/8 was also the 32nd wedding anniversary for me and the wife. We got married in 1987, and sometimes we bemoan that we didn't want an extra you so that it would have been 8/8/88. But we are in some good company nonetheless.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 12:13:53 pm
  • 8/8/88

The first game at Wrigley Field with lights.

Of course, Mother Nature had other plans....

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1g
  • Oni Press's Jill And The Killers Issue # 3b
  • DC Comics's Power Girl Issue # 7b
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - Continued  Issue # 11stashhhloot-b