feature requests

Most copies of a single issue (Comic Book Forums)

• Most copies of a single issue

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 6, 2019 10:21:37 am
  • Just what the title says. What's the most copies of a single issue that you own? If you care to throw in a reason why by all means please do.

For some reason I have 16 copies of Deathlok vol 2 #1. One of my favorite characters but they probably won't fund my retirement... Anxious

12 copies of Bloodshot vol 1 #1 - I actually love this cover so whenever I see it I pick it up. Not sure why I need them all though? Dancing

7 copies of Deathblow #1. Why??? No idea d'oh!

6 copies of Spawn #1 - I like Spawn Applause

Last edited August 6, 2019 1:09:43 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: August 6, 2019 12:44:30 pm
  • Personally I think buying multiple copies of the same comic book isn't that smart. That being said, I have bought multiple copies on a few occasions.

1) Batman: Gotham By Gaslight. I bought 8 copies when it came out in the early '90s and 7 of them were Christmas gifts for my friends. I still have one copy left (signed by Mike Mignola).
    2) Punisher War Journal #6 and #7. Punisher versus Wolverine!!! I assumed this book would skyrocket in value, so I bought several of each. At least they are worth double cover value, but I won't retire quite yet.
    3) Moon Knight #200. I certainly didn't read it first or I would have bought zero copies instead of two.
    4) Amazing Spider-Man #600. There were 5 versions available and I only originally bought the regular version. My comic book guy talked me into 600C and 600D after much bartering. I'm very glad I didn't jump on multiple copies of Amazing Spider-Man #666. There were hundreds of those and that totally turned me off variants.
  • Posted: August 6, 2019 12:59:03 pm
  • between me and my daughter, we have 16 copies of Stormwatch #1 because it seems like we see it in every bargain bin we come across. It's sort of a joke between us. If we spot Stormwatch #1, one of us HAS to get it.

Second Place is Adventures of Superman #502. . .which may seem like an oddly-specific issue to have 12 copies of between me and my daughter. Our old comic shop in Florida had these comic packs which were 6 random comics for 5 bucks, and I swear to the owner must have had a hundred copies of Adventures of Superman #502 he was trying to ditch because about 1 out of 5 of those packs we bought had that same comic in there!

Third Place would be 10 copies of Doctor Strange (vol 2) #78. Again, oddly specific. I bought a box of comics at an auction house sight unseen except for the top two issues. . .which were Doctor Strange (vol. 2) #1-2 the rest of the box was multiple copies of Doctor Strange issues #72 - 81. About 6 - 8 copies of each, with 10 of #78. At least I got that SWEET 70's-Tastic Doc Strange #1 cover out of the deal.

Last edited August 6, 2019 1:03:46 pm
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 6, 2019 2:12:47 pm
  • I have 20 copies of Punisher War Zone #1. (volume 1)
    19 are signed by JR JR and won at auction (one was traded to Brucifer) plus one other copy that I already had.

Next to that I have 7 copies of Ghost Rider #17 (volume 2), with one signed by TEX.

The only other book I can think of with multiple copies is Vampirella #0 Volume 8, Variant or copy C which is a 1:100 variant. I have 5 of those now. Somehow I keep stumbling on them for around the $8 mark without ever looking for them.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: August 6, 2019 2:28:00 pm
  • I own a few copies of comics I have had signed by the same artist or writer, but usually at different cons. Honestly too many to list... I've also got a few comics that I bought several copies of because I had a feeling they were going to be hot collector items. I wish I didn't though because most never became that and now I am stuck with them (like Youngblood #1). If we could all predict things we'd have bought a few copies of issues that really mattered like Amazing Spider-Man #300.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 7, 2019 12:35:41 pm
  • When I was younger, I worked at a comic book store and was paid on credit since I was too young to be on the payroll. I ended up working so much, that I was buying multiple copies of some titles in the early 80s (eg. 13 copies of Uncanny X-men 155). I thought at the time this run was going to worth $$. I also picked up lots of copies of the Simonson Thor run ...but probably the comic I have the most of, based on numbers here on the database is DC Comics Presents 73, which I have 39 copies! This is only because I acquired a lot of back stock from a closing out store in an auction for very little. I haven't counted them yet, but I believe there is almost half a longbox of Strange Tales (1987) #1 downstairs too.
  • Posted: August 7, 2019 2:11:22 pm
  • I have somewhere between 30-50 copies of The Creech #1. I used to buy collections all the time and seemed like every collection had multiple copies of that book. When they finally make a movie, I'll laughing all the way to the bank, lol.
  • Posted: August 8, 2019 10:36:20 am
  • Labria42, you are going to be waiting a Long, Long time for a "The Creech" movie or TV show.
  • Posted: August 8, 2019 3:39:09 pm
  • We got some good answers and stories here! I like the Stormwatch issue that Atom and his daughter have. I would almost guarantee that everyone on this sight would gladly send you their copy if you put your address here lol. The Creech lol. Can't WAIT for that show lol.

Good stuff everyone Very Happy
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: August 8, 2019 6:12:30 pm
  • 4 copies, only one opened of Superman (vol2) #75.

Saving to sell the other three so I can treat myself to dinner at Dairy Queen.

I have a lot of comics from the 1970s with two copies. One copy is the original I bought as a kid. The other is a replacement I bought as an adult.
  • Posted: August 8, 2019 6:46:28 pm
  • Spider-Man 29, 14 copies and Tangled Web 5 & 7, 8 copies each. And a bunch of 2-4 copies, mostly from buying collections or bulk deals.

Last edited August 8, 2019 6:46:56 pm
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 4:00:44 pm
  • Spa-fon, I feel your frustration. Having 14 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #29 must be a terrible burden on you. I bet you are up at night worrying. As a CBR friend, I would like to help you out of this jam. You can send me one (or more?) if that will help you out. I worry about your mental health and I am more than willing to help cure you of that. I'm not a doctor or psychologist, but I bet they would agree 100%.
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 12:10:01 am
  • I have 30 issues of Boom Studios Halloween Haunt lol...only reason was when i first moved into an apartment, i bought a whole Halloween ComicFest Bag (I think it costed me $5-6) of that issue to pass out to the kids...what i didnt know was that kids dont Trick or Treat in an apartment complex lol...so now i have 30 issues lmao...

Last edited August 10, 2019 12:10:35 am
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 11, 2019 7:39:19 am
  • brucifer said:
    Spa-fon, I feel your frustration. Having 14 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #29 must be a terrible burden on you. I bet you are up at night worrying. As a CBR friend, I would like to help you out of this jam. You can send me one (or more?) if that will help you out. I worry about your mental health and I am more than willing to help cure you of that. I'm not a doctor or psychologist, but I bet they would agree 100%.

Lol. Absolutely! Just send me $29.99 for postage and handling!
    These are currently in my Con $1.00 box, slowly disappearing. I think
    I had 25 copies to start with.
  • Posted: August 11, 2019 10:44:39 am
  • I have 14 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #29,These are currently in my Con $1.00 box

I bet they're not ASM #29 Vol. 1?
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 11, 2019 1:14:41 pm
  • Maybe he means vol 2?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 11, 2019 3:06:39 pm
  • I assumed Spa-fon was referring to Spider-Man #29 or Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #29. I can still wish, right?
  • Posted: August 12, 2019 9:35:00 am
  • I won an auction for a lot of Secret Wars books a while back. Unfortunately, no #8's were included, but I now am the proud owner of 18 copies of #4! There were some #5's and #6's in there also, but 18 copies is the most in my collection by a wide margin. And as a Hulk guy, I'm happy to own them.
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: August 12, 2019 9:51:04 am
  • I have several hundred ASM #1 CBR Exclusive Covers. Twisted Evil
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 12, 2019 10:58:13 am
  • dough boy said:
    I have several hundred ASM #1 CBR Exclusive Covers. Twisted Evil
    Winner Applause

I only have 1 of those...Wink
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: August 18, 2019 4:00:11 pm
  • Canuck said:
    I have 14 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #29,These are currently in my Con $1.00 box

I bet they're not ASM #29 Vol. 1?

Definitely Spider-Man, not Amazing Spider-man, ASM 29 would not be in my $1.00 box... Whistle
  • Posted: August 29, 2019 12:11:34 pm
  • I have multiple copies of issues from the summer of 1987 when I started reading comics. Mostly Marvel titles but a few Disney comics as well. They are all in my spinner rack. Call me crazy. Smile
  • Posted: October 23, 2019 2:10:02 pm
  • I used to purchase 2 copies of a single issue that I was collecting, only if that issue was sealed in plastic. I would purchase one for the collection and not to be opened and the other so I could read it and keep up with the series. I can't remember ever purchasing I higher number than that
23 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2d
  • Tempo Books's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 17058-2
  • Ballantine Books's The Brothers Hildebrandt Soft Cover nn
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 1 - 2nd print