feature requests

Longbox Junk Requests! O HAPPY DAY! (Comic Book Forums)

• Longbox Junk Requests! O HAPPY DAY!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 7, 2019 1:07:46 am
  • Spector said:
    Hehe, adding some more too.
    1. Dragonring by Aircel comics
    2. Ms Mystic by Pacific Comics
    3. Blue Devil by DC
    4. Hex the later series, not the Jonah Hex series

High five to brucifer for the Poe book. Corben is just plain sick, love it.

Only have 2 issues of Dragonring.
    Only the first issue of Blue Devil
    Already did an entry on the full run of Hex (Started great. . .ended bad. Great ideas but not enough of them to sustain an ongoing series. Should have been a 6 issue mini)

BUT. . .

I DO have the whole run of Ms. Mystic! Call me crazy, but I like Continuity Comics a lot. Any time I see one in the bargain bin, I grab it. Another one in the hat!
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 7, 2019 1:14:21 am
  • Okay. . .that's 8 requests in the hat. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Only 2 more to help me avoid the terrible fate of having to read and review 5 issues worth of poorly-written girl power comics forced on the market for all the wrong reasons. . .LET'S BRING IT ON HOME, FOLKS!

Last edited August 7, 2019 1:19:38 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 7, 2019 10:43:15 am
  • Crossing my fingers you have not reviewed these yet.
    1. Man-Bat. I never have read the old Bronze age book and have always loved that purple popping cover.
    2. G.I. Joe Special missions
    3. Lady Death, in any of her incarnations throughout the various publishers.
    4. Magick mini series
    5. Boof and the bruise crew. I have them but haven't had the inkling to look at any of them (tossed in a long box purchase), so interested to hear your take on it.
    6. Bernie Wrightson master of the macabre.
    7. Secret society of super villains.

Now surely we have a final 2 to save us all from Spider Gwen! lol
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: August 7, 2019 12:26:32 pm
  • Since we are almost at the ten books wanted, I wisely decided to look through atom's collection for more ideas.

1) American Vampire. A great series that no one seems to know about.
    2) Batman vs. Judge Dredd. There are three series and you have them all.
  • Posted: August 8, 2019 6:26:22 pm
  • Chrononauts, since that's about to return

Dr. Aphra because the glory that is 0-0-0 and BT-1 needs to be spread far and wide

90s Ray was fun
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 1:06:24 am
  • brucifer said:
    Since we are almost at the ten books wanted, I wisely decided to look through atom's collection for more ideas.

1) American Vampire. A great series that no one seems to know about.
    2) Batman vs. Judge Dredd. There are three series and you have them all.

What I have listed here is only about half of my collection. I'm a lazy bastich. Every now and then I'll grab a couple boxes from the storage shed and add them to the database when I feel a mysterious burst of motivation.

THAT SAID. . .

I LOVE American Vampire! I'm of the extremely humble opinion that it should be AMC's next comic-based series! And you're right about it being a bit under the radar. It seems to have come out at a time when Vertigo was practically dead, post-Sandman, Hellblazer, and Preacher.

And there is NOTHING more 90's-Tastic than Simon Bisley on the first Batman/Judge Dredd! The other two are the definition of diminishing returns.

2 in the hat and I'm saved from Spider-Gwen! Dancing
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 1:07:38 am
  • Spector said:
    Crossing my fingers you have not reviewed these yet.
    1. Man-Bat. I never have read the old Bronze age book and have always loved that purple popping cover.
    2. G.I. Joe Special missions
    3. Lady Death, in any of her incarnations throughout the various publishers.
    4. Magick mini series
    5. Boof and the bruise crew. I have them but haven't had the inkling to look at any of them (tossed in a long box purchase), so interested to hear your take on it.
    6. Bernie Wrightson master of the macabre.
    7. Secret society of super villains.

Now surely we have a final 2 to save us all from Spider Gwen! lol

Sadly, I only have scattered issues of any of those. Sad

But I DO have the John Bolton painted Man-Bat Elseworlds mini. . .

Last edited August 9, 2019 1:22:02 am
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 1:12:13 am
  • Action Ace said:
    Chrononauts, since that's about to return

Dr. Aphra because the glory that is 0-0-0 and BT-1 needs to be spread far and wide

90s Ray was fun

I have Chrononauts (time travel-tastic!) AND my daughter is a huge Ray fan. I know she has the full '92 run with that sweet, sweet Joe Quesada art, so TWO more in the hat!
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 1:18:29 am
  • HA! Not just 10, but 12 Longbox Junk Requests in the pickin' hat! Dancing

Now I SHOULD review Spider-Gwen, just to tell the world how bad it is. But then again, I have the feeling that nobody needs me for THAT.

I'm going to randomly draw requests out and do a some Longbox Junk reader appreciation editions for a couple months. Thanks for all the great suggestions, and if you have any more, throw them in here for me!
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 5:55:06 am
  • Actually, between here and elsewhere SIXTEEN requests to choose from now!

Here's what's in the Hat:
    1. The Phantom (DC 1988 mini)
    2. Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men (New 52 20 issue series)
    3. Star Trek The Next Generation (DC 1988 mini)
    4. Ragman (1991 mini)
    5. Werewolf By Night (Marvel MAX 2009 mini)
    6. Nightcrawler (1985 mini)
    7. Cage (Marvel MAX 2002 mini)
    8. The Boys: Herogasm (2009 mini)
    9. Superman Meets The Quick Bunny (1987 DC one-shot)
    10. Youngblood (1992 Image 10 issue series)
    11. Harbinger (Valiant series issues 1-6)
    12. Ms. Mystic (1988 Continuity 10 issue series)
    13. Batman/Judge Dredd (3 hefty one-shots)
    14. American Vampire (Vertigo 34 issue series)
    15. Chrononauts (2015 Image mini)
    AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST
    16. The Ray (1992 DC mini).

Lots of good Longbox Junk right there!

Last edited August 9, 2019 5:59:17 am
32 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • San Francisco Comic Book Company's Galaxy Issue # 1
  • Yen Press's I Kept Pressing the 100-Million-Year Button and Came Out on Top Soft Cover # 5
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 89b
  • Tome Press's Witness to War TPB # 1