feature requests

Longbox Junk Requests! O HAPPY DAY! (Comic Book Forums)

• Longbox Junk Requests! O HAPPY DAY!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 2:22:59 am
  • Greetings to the fine folk of Comic Book Realm!
    Welcome to the official Longbox Junk Request Area! Dancing

That's right! Put YOUR mark on the blog stuffed full of comic reviews nobody asked for. . .by asking for a review!

I've been doing Longbox Junk reviews for years. . .just merrily throwing things out -nilly with nary a thought that there might be something someone might actually WANT me to take a look at. THAT TIME IS OVER!

Well. . .at least for a few entries. This was my daughter's idea.

Make your suggestions here.

Last edited July 31, 2019 2:42:51 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 3:10:33 am
  • Atom, I really enjoy reading your comic book reviews so I would love to see what you would do for any/all of these three suggestions. Tracking the books themselves down may be a little tricky, so I won't hold my breath, but if you can manage it I would love to read what you have to say!
    1. Solar, Man of the Atom issues #1 - 10 from Valiant comics back in 1991-92.
    2. Harbinger #1 - 6 from Valiant comics, same era.
    3. Legion of Super Heroes Great Darkness saga, issues #290 - 294 from 1982.

You asked for it, so now I am too!! Maybe there are some trade paperback collections of them somewhere? Happy Hunting!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 6:09:09 am
  • Thanks for the requests! As it so happens, I do have about half the Harbinger run, including #1 - 6. . .Not common in the bargain bins at all and a little pricey to be called "junk". I got them back in "the day" and haven't read them in forever (truth to tell, I don't even remember what they're about), so I'll take that one under consideration.

Last edited July 31, 2019 6:14:37 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 10:46:10 am
  • Not sure if you've done any of these, but I have a few ideas:
    1. Star Wars or Star Trek comics (could be older or newer runs)
    2. What about Transformers? So many runs, but maybe the early ones by Marvel would be interesting.
    3. Conan the Barbarian or Savage Sword of Conan
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 11:50:06 am
  • Very nice of you to oblige, and thanks to your daughter too.
    Some Ideas for you:
    Twisted Tales
    Cloak and Dagger (mini series)
    Werewolf by night
    Ragman
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 12:40:09 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Not sure if you've done any of these, but I have a few ideas:
    1. Star Wars or Star Trek comics (could be older or newer runs)
    2. What about Transformers? So many runs, but maybe the early ones by Marvel would be interesting.
    3. Conan the Barbarian or Savage Sword of Conan

Nice. . .nice. I DO have a good handful of both Star Trek and Star Wars minis. A little Sci-Fi might be the ticket. Star Wars and Star Trek both on the list of considerations!

Last edited July 31, 2019 12:47:33 pm
  • Posted: July 31, 2019 12:46:31 pm
  • Spector said:
    Very nice of you to oblige, and thanks to your daughter too.
    Some Ideas for you:
    Twisted Tales
    Cloak and Dagger (mini series)
    Werewolf by night
    Ragman

Nice picks! I've already done the original Cloak & Dagger mini (surprisingly good!) but I DO have the full 8 issue run of Ragman vol.2 AND the EXTREMELY sweet (and ! and sorta disturbing) Marvel Max Werewolf by Night mini. Definitely on the list of choices now.

Last edited July 31, 2019 12:48:42 pm
  • Posted: August 2, 2019 12:29:09 am
  • My daughter has decided that since this was her idea, I get to follow her rules.
    Once I get 10 requests, I draw a card 1-10 and that's the next bit of Longbox Junk.

BUT. . .

If I DON'T get 10 requests then I have to do HER request: Spider-Gwen.

I beg you, fine folks of Comic Book Realm.
    Please don't make me read Spider-Gwen.

Last edited August 2, 2019 12:29:50 am
  • Posted: August 2, 2019 8:20:24 am
  • How flexible are the rules here. I see there are 3 individual requests thus far. I would be happy to make 7 more individual requests if that would help you out. lol
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: August 2, 2019 10:00:41 am
  • How about some Tales from the Crypt, Nightcrawler miniseries, or anything Star Wars. I know Star Wars was mentioned before, but I am a sucker for anything Doctor Aphra.
32 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 55 years, 222 days, 16 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Lion Forge Comics's Catalyst Prime: Seven Days Issue # 5b
  • Marvel Comics's Thunderbolts Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Venom Issue # 22b
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men: Evolutions Issue # 1b