feature requests

What's the worst comic you've read? (Comic Book Forums)

• What's the worst comic you've read?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 9:49:41 am
  • Thought this might make for an interesting discussion. What's the worst comic or series you've ever read?

For me, it's All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder by ironically Frank Miller and Jim Lee.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 4:26:05 pm
  • lol Cheesasaurus Rex...Horrible..lmao...not saying i didnt expect it to be bad, but it was horrible lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    CGC: Up Next
    Ultimate Fallout #4 - 1st Miles Morales (Prediction: 9.8 )
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 - 1st Moon Girl (Prediction: 9.8 )
    Savage She-Hulk #1 - 1st She-Hulk (Prediction: 9.6)
    Incredible Hulk #106 (Vol 2) - Newsstand (Prediction: 9.6)
    Incredible Hulk #92 (Vol 2) - Planet Hulk (Prediction 9.8 )
    Avengers #196 - 1st Taskmaster (Prediction: 8.5)
    Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 - 1st Blue Marvel (Prediction: 9.8 )
    Secret Avengers #21 - 1st Agent Venom (Prediction 9.8 )
    Vengeance #1 - 1st America Chavez (Prediction 9.8 )

Latest Additions
    CGC 9.6 Point One #1: 1st Nova (Sam Alexander)
    Avengers #155: Doom Cover
    TMNT Adventures #5: 1st Ray Fillet (Man Ray)
    TMNT Adventures #6: 1st Leatherhead
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 4:30:55 pm
  • Yeah I've heard those were pretty horrible. Probably why I haven't read them, and never will lol. Hopefully this thread will save others from wasting money.

I just remembered another one that had me cringing: The Dark Knight Strikes Again, also by Frank Miller.
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 5:33:03 pm
  • i'd continue to buy the cheesasaurus rex comics...they are valuable lol...but the stories are junk lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    CGC: Up Next
    Ultimate Fallout #4 - 1st Miles Morales (Prediction: 9.8 )
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 - 1st Moon Girl (Prediction: 9.8 )
    Savage She-Hulk #1 - 1st She-Hulk (Prediction: 9.6)
    Incredible Hulk #106 (Vol 2) - Newsstand (Prediction: 9.6)
    Incredible Hulk #92 (Vol 2) - Planet Hulk (Prediction 9.8 )
    Avengers #196 - 1st Taskmaster (Prediction: 8.5)
    Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 - 1st Blue Marvel (Prediction: 9.8 )
    Secret Avengers #21 - 1st Agent Venom (Prediction 9.8 )
    Vengeance #1 - 1st America Chavez (Prediction 9.8 )

Latest Additions
    CGC 9.6 Point One #1: 1st Nova (Sam Alexander)
    Avengers #155: Doom Cover
    TMNT Adventures #5: 1st Ray Fillet (Man Ray)
    TMNT Adventures #6: 1st Leatherhead
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 6:20:55 pm
  • Moon Knight Volume 8 (last series) #200.
    I was along for the ride for the series, and the last issue was really just meh.
    Pretty disappointing, almost like they did a hurry up, finish the series quick type story.
    Hoping he is resurrected in a much better fashion in the future.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: July 6, 2019 12:52:43 pm
  • This is a very interesting post. I have read a lot of comic books in the past 30 years. Some of them were stinkers. Most were fine reads. A very few selection of them were surprise stinkers:

1) The Dark Knight Strikes Again was an utter waste of time.
    2) Batman - Odyssey was the longest mini-series that really went nowhere. Yuck!
    3) Final Crisis mini-series made me want to give up reading DC comic books.
    4) Hulk/Thing: Hard Knocks mini, this series had some of the best action covers of Hulk and Thing EVER, and all they did was talk for four issues. Double yuck!

Last edited July 6, 2019 12:53:31 pm
  • Posted: July 6, 2019 10:12:38 pm
  • As a dedicated Conn-O-Sewer of Longbox Junk, I've pulled a LOT of bad with a capital B comics from the bargain bins over the years, but there's only been ONE series that's come close to breaking me. ONE series that almost made me abandon a Longbox Junk review with it being only halfway done.

If my humble opinion means ANYTHING to anyone reading this, then trust me when I say that Marvel's 12 issue trainwreck called "America" IS the absolute worst comic series I have ever read. . .and trust me son, I've read some BAD comics.

It's the kind of thing you have to see to believe, and then when you DO believe, you just have to wonder WHY. It's hard to explain, but reading and reviewing America made me question the reality of a world where this was actually on the stands with the editorial approval of a major publisher.

Here. It won't give you the full, sickening America "experience", but here's a little taste:

https://comicbookrealm.com/atom/blog/1627/longbox-junk-america-part-1

https://comicbookrealm.com/atom/blog/1638/longbox-junk-america-part-2

Marvel's America. . .worst series ever. Fight me.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: July 6, 2019 10:55:49 pm
  • Atom thanks for sharing the links. Just read your reviews on America by Gabby Rivera, and man you hit it on the nail. I think that series topped the worst of the worst. Still cannot believe Marvel published it. What complete garbage.
  • Posted: July 10, 2019 2:05:13 pm
  • Spector said:
    Moon Knight Volume 8 (last series) #200.
    I was along for the ride for the series, and the last issue was really just meh.
    Pretty disappointing, almost like they did a hurry up, finish the series quick type story.
    Hoping he is resurrected in a much better fashion in the future.

Spector, I completely agree on that last Moon Knight issue. The last few sort of went off the rails for me.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: July 10, 2019 2:07:31 pm
  • Atom, I remember reading those America editions of the always entertaining Longbox Junk. And you know what? I'm glad you read them, because if you hadn't, we would have missed out on a couple amazingly entertaining blogs by you!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: July 10, 2019 4:41:04 pm
  • I'm a big Moon Knight fan, most of you know that already. I read the most recent MK run (Volume 8 ) and I agree that #200 was not a good read (why in the hell did I buy two?). But the worst comic book you ever read? Not even close. There are tonnes of books out there that are not very worthy, trust me, I probably read them and when done, sighed very loudly in disgust.

Last edited July 10, 2019 4:43:04 pm
  • Posted: July 17, 2019 6:00:32 pm
  • Punisher after he went demonic or something.

And Spider-Man during the clone saga stuff. Killed reading Spiderman forever for me.
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 10:36:49 am
  • I forgot about the Punisher "dying" and becoming an angel at the end of the '90s. That was horrid!!
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 1:35:19 pm
  • I would like to include some fairly new comic books. I read my buddy's copies of Defenders: Best Defense. Technically it was four one-shots of Dr. Strange, Hulk, Namor and Silver Surfer, then a Defenders one-shot book to connect them altogether.
    Each book was worse than the one before it. They made no sense and the Silver Surfer book didn't have the title character show up until halfway through!! The Defenders book was the best of the lot, but I was not very happy once I finally got there.
    These books are less than 10 months old and should be avoided at all costs, whether you like The Defenders or not.
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 10:37:47 pm
  • Brucifer, I have not read the other Best Defense books, but the Hulk book was pretty decent. I would not have bought it, but got my first glimpse of the "Green Door" cover Immortal Hulk book then. I was NOT a Hulk fan, but the cover seduced me. I spoke with the LCS manager about it, and he recommended the Best Defense Hulk book as a stepping on point to get acclimated with the series better. Those 2 books got me into the whole series...including Immortal Hulk #21 picked up today.
    Anyways...different strokes I know, but I didn't think the Best Defense Hulk book was bad at all.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: July 19, 2019 1:42:51 am
  • brucifer said:
    The Defenders book was the best of the lot. . .

I did a review a while back of the Defenders issue that tied up the one shots (without realizing it was part of a series) and if that was the GOOD one, then I'm glad I didn't buy the rest. . .

Last edited July 19, 2019 1:45:10 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 52 years, 82 days, 3 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Major-Minor Productions's Chiro Comix: Backman, Agent of Balance Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Thor Issue # 11c2e2
  • IDW Publishing's Transformers / Ghostbusters Issue # 2b