feature requests

What's the worst comic you've read? (Comic Book Forums)

• What's the worst comic you've read?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 10, 2019 2:07:31 pm
  • Atom, I remember reading those America editions of the always entertaining Longbox Junk. And you know what? I'm glad you read them, because if you hadn't, we would have missed out on a couple amazingly entertaining blogs by you!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: July 10, 2019 4:41:04 pm
  • I'm a big Moon Knight fan, most of you know that already. I read the most recent MK run (Volume 8 ) and I agree that #200 was not a good read (why in the did I buy two?). But the worst comic book you ever read? Not even close. There are tonnes of books out there that are not very worthy, trust me, I probably read them and when done, sighed very loudly in disgust.

Last edited July 10, 2019 4:43:04 pm
  • Posted: July 17, 2019 6:00:32 pm
  • Punisher after he went demonic or something.

And Spider-Man during the clone saga stuff. Killed reading Spiderman forever for me.
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 10:36:49 am
  • I forgot about the Punisher "dying" and becoming an angel at the end of the '90s. That was horrid!!
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 1:35:19 pm
  • I would like to include some fairly new comic books. I read my buddy's copies of Defenders: Best Defense. Technically it was four one-shots of Dr. Strange, Hulk, Namor and Silver Surfer, then a Defenders one-shot book to connect them altogether.
    Each book was worse than the one before it. They made no sense and the Silver Surfer book didn't have the title character show up until halfway through!! The Defenders book was the best of the lot, but I was not very happy once I finally got there.
    These books are less than 10 months old and should be avoided at all costs, whether you like The Defenders or not.
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 10:37:47 pm
  • Brucifer, I have not read the other Best Defense books, but the Hulk book was pretty decent. I would not have bought it, but got my first glimpse of the "Green Door" cover Immortal Hulk book then. I was NOT a Hulk fan, but the cover seduced me. I spoke with the LCS manager about it, and he recommended the Best Defense Hulk book as a stepping on point to get acclimated with the series better. Those 2 books got me into the whole series...including Immortal Hulk #21 picked up today.
    Anyways...different strokes I know, but I didn't think the Best Defense Hulk book was bad at all.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: July 19, 2019 1:42:51 am
  • brucifer said:
    The Defenders book was the best of the lot. . .

I did a review a while back of the Defenders issue that tied up the one shots (without realizing it was part of a series) and if that was the GOOD one, then I'm glad I didn't buy the rest. . .

Last edited July 19, 2019 1:45:10 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 4, 2019 3:25:08 am
  • Atom, I won't fight you on "America" as I have never read it and almost certainly never will, but the title of the post refers to the worst comic I have ever read. In the first runner up position I will name a series that was so bad I had nearly forgotten it until Maverickrtm mentioned the awful Clone Saga through all the Spider-Man books. Dreadful.
    On top of the pedestal for me, however, is a book from an artist/writer who while he managed to create a couple of pretty memorable characters who have gone on to some fame and fortune including on the silver screen, also gave those of us unfortunate enough to have read it, and indescribable mess. I am referring of course to Rob Liefeld and his earliest creation for Image Comics, the absolutely worst comic book stories I have ever forced myself to read - Youngblood.
    If you are not familiar with them, do yourself a favor and do not seek them out!! Longbox Junk status is too high an honor for those comics.
    Tenzil
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Alan Scott: The Green Lantern Issue # 5
  • DC Comics's Batman Issue # 146b
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 3c