feature requests

Immortal Hulk #20 (Comic Book Forums)

• Immortal Hulk #20

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 4, 2019 8:00:09 am
  • Anyone that has been reading books this past year cannot deny that Immortal Hulk is probably the hottest series out there right now. I mean...when a book gets a 3rd and 4th printing due to selling out and demand...there ya go! (Not to mention #20 has the Eisner nominee stamp on the cover)

This post could also go to the missing issues forum, but not having a scanner (or the book with me) I figured I would post this here for anyone that may be interested.

Anyway, on to the meat of the matter here...
    Immortal Hulk #20 has a great regular cover, as well as the Carnage-ized variant. What I did not know (nor the LCS owner at first), is that there is actually a 3rd cover out there. It looks exactly like the regular cover, except there is a slight difference to the title/lettering. It has some red splotches around it in small parts. Like I said, it was a subtle difference, and I think this was another Carnage-ized variant attempt that may have flown under the radar.

I called the LCS yesterday to hold what I thought to be the 2 covers of the Immortal Hulk #20. My wife was around the area and was able to pick them up for me. The LCS owner mentioned there was a 3rd cover, and he would not have known about it, if someone had not come in earlier looking for it.
    When I got home, I actually thought I had 2 copies of the regular cover and called the LCS about it. He described the slight difference, and I spotted it then.
    Anywho...the book itself is great in both story and art, in every issue. I thought I might put this little tid bit out there, in case there were some collectors that may be interested in picking up the 3rd cover that wasn't really highlighted anywhere.
    Happy 4th everyone!
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: July 4, 2019 9:29:34 am
  • Yeah these Secret covers are appearing on different books.
    So far I've added one for Symbiote Spider-Man # 3 and a issue of Venom and ASM.
    So post it in the missing thread and a mod will add it.

Last edited July 4, 2019 9:52:49 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 4, 2019 11:02:18 am
  • Ah, I figured there would be more books to it, to beef up the carnage interest.
    I am at work now, and no book in hand, so if anyone else wants to post the missing issue...feel free!
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 11:04:28 am
  • Fantastic Four #11 also came with the red splotches, as I have a copy of it.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 10:21:56 pm
  • edgos2 said:
    Fantastic Four #11 also came with the red splotches, as I have a copy of it.

That is really neat. Now I am wondering how many of these "unofficial" carnage-ized variants are out there.
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 11:14:48 pm
  • If only there was a search engine to find out stuff like this .... Cool Wink

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-absolute-carnage-variant-covers/
    June:

Amazing Spider-Man #24

Deadpool #14

Symbiote Spider-Man #3

Fantastic Four #11

Venom #15

July:

Invaders #7

Avengers #22

Black Cat #2

Captain Marvel #8

Immortal Hulk #20

Last edited July 6, 2019 9:44:14 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 6, 2019 8:23:23 am
  • Canuck, you are the man.
    Thank you for that, and I am sure there are plenty of other collectors that appreciate this too.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 52 years, 82 days, 3 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Top Cow's Infinite Dark Issue # 8
  • Dark Horse Comics's Joe Golem: Occult Detective - Conjurors Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's The X-Men Giant Size # 1facsimile
  • IDW Publishing's Transformers Issue # 4 - 2nd print