feature requests

DC Retires Vertigo, Combines All Imprints Under a Single Banner (Comic Book Forums)

• DC Retires Vertigo, Combines All Imprints Under a Single Banner

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 21, 2019 1:27:04 pm
  • Makes sense for DC.

Will miss Vertigo, mainly for nostalgic reasons. At one time what they were doing was groundbreaking in the comics industry. They were pushing the envelope of what was traditionally done in comics. And a lot of good creators came out of it. Sad that in recent years the stories/books seem lazy and uninspired.

Vertigo also broke ground for females in the industry. Karen Berger not only started Vertigo, she was also the Editor.

Last edited June 24, 2019 9:40:25 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: June 30, 2019 4:06:53 pm
  • Another one here that will miss the OG Vertigo line. Tons of great material, especially from the earlier days. When I got into collecting the second time around in the early 90's, Vertigo books were my very favorite titles to read. Hellblazer and Sandman broke so much new ground, and paved the way for future writers.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: July 4, 2019 3:52:13 am
  • I'm not a huge fan of "traditional" superheroes, so Vertigo was right up my alley. Hellblazer, Books of Magic, Preacher, Scalped, Unknown Soldier, American Vampire, Swamp Thing, DMZ, Sandman Mystery Theater, Jonah Hex. . .so many great titles!

I was glad to see Vertigo's recent reboot, especially Books of Magic. Too bad it's already going down. I like the Black Label books so far, but the price tag is a bit ridiculous. . .

Last edited July 4, 2019 3:55:30 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Fairy Tales Issue # 1the616-a
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dragon Realm Issue nn
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dragons Issue set a
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 1b