feature requests

You might have too many comic books if... (Comic Book Forums)

• You might have too many comic books if...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 12, 2019 11:41:55 pm
  • It is the weekend, let's have a little fun.
    Add on anything that comes to mind, from the serious to the utter ridiculous!

You might have too many comic books if...

You have a map (which also includes hazards and obstacles), just to get through your comic book room.

You buy a comic with that thrill of excitement...only to later discover that you already have 2 copies of it. Ohhh yeahhhh....I had this internal monologue discussion the last time I bought it for the second time.

You take on an all Ramen diet for a week to save the funds for the new releases of your favorite books.

Your boss starts looking more and more like J. Jonah Jameson with each passing day!
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: April 13, 2019 9:32:55 am
  • You might have too many
    ... if your pile of unread comics continues to grow larger by the week.
    ... if you go to conventions and you aren't a star guest, but they still know you by name.
    ... if your EBay seller feedback is at over 500.
    ... if you can spot a 2nd, 3rd, 4th printing from a mile away.
    ... if you know how to spell Bill Sienkiewicz without Googling it.
    ... if you know Stan Lee's real name and recall reading his "Soapbox".
    ... if you organize your boxes in golden, silver, bronze, and modern age.
    ... if you have so many that you decide to collect the comic book movies too.
    ... if you give some away and still have too many comics.
    ... if you love the smell of aged newsprint.
    ... if you can remember every issue of your favorite title and quote pages.
    ... if you can sit down and read them for hours without ever getting bored.
    ... if new comic Wednesday's makes you feel like a kid every week
    ... if you have subscriptions at more than one local comic book shop (just in case).
    ... if you know there is a scientific method to bagging/boarding.
    ... if you start feeling at home at shows and conventions.
    ... if you go to shows and do the quick flip (as my wife calls it) through dollar bins with such speed and ease that you cause others around you to gasp in awe.
    ... if you know what key comic books are worth without having to look it up.
    ... if you regularly wear a shirt with one of your favorite comic book heroes.
    ... if you remember a time when people at shows did not cosplay but instead wore those shirts to show support.
    ... if part of your monthly financial budget includes comic books, but to make it sound more professional you label the category "entertainment funds" (like I do).

All these come from my own personal experience Laughing

Last edited April 13, 2019 9:33:51 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 13, 2019 10:25:16 am
  • @Rapha1978
    ***bows***
    awesome man. So many of those fit the bill here too haha. In addition to the t-shirt, I am not ashamed to say...the watch, socks and undies too lol.
  • Posted: April 13, 2019 1:48:02 pm
  • Wait a minute. Are you guys saying those of us with loads of comic books are NERDS who smell our books? How dare you.
    Of course it's TOTALLY TRUE, but my comic book T-shirt wearing self at the next Toronto Fan Expo Convention will remember this Post and deny it to anyone who will listen.
  • Posted: April 13, 2019 10:34:08 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Wait a minute. Are you guys saying those of us with loads of comic books are NERDS who smell our books? How dare you.
    Of course it's TOTALLY TRUE, but my comic book T-shirt wearing self at the next Toronto Fan Expo Convention will remember this Post and deny it to anyone who will listen.

You do that! haha
    So yeah, Nerds...I taped Revenge of the Nerds 2 the other day on dvr and watched it Friday when I was off of work. Still complete 80s cheese, and loved every minute of it.
  • Posted: April 14, 2019 3:32:26 am
  • Bravo, Rapha, nicely done, and too many hit far too close to home for comfort, LOL!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 15, 2019 4:06:36 pm
  • You know you have too many comic books if...
    You get two puppies and pitch a fit with the family to have your way, and name them Marvel and DC.
    (true story)
  • Posted: April 16, 2019 3:27:13 am
  • You MIGHT have too many comic books if you need a separate U-Haul trailer JUST for comics when you move house (True Story). Shocked
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: April 16, 2019 10:21:32 am
  • When you buy a new house, you look for one with a spare room just for your comic books. (Also true story. Of course, been there almost 9 years and still haven't organized it into a proper comic book room.)
    William Simpson
  • Posted: April 16, 2019 12:00:04 pm
  • @atom a U-Haul??? Dang, that is a lot of comic books. Well done.

@hotspur8 right on, and good luck with the organization when you do get to it. I have been looking at other places to move to recently....and of course, looking for that perfect potential comic room, or my is staying put.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • JY's Canine Detective Chris Soft Cover # 2
  • IDW Publishing's Star Wars Adventures: Ghosts of Vader's Castle Issue # 1online
  • DC Comics's Starman - Compendium TPB # 2
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 8