feature requests

Using the CBR chat room (Comic Book Forums)

• Using the CBR chat room

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 12, 2019 1:25:00 pm
  • It seems insane that I have to go to the Forum pages to ask: What are the rules of conduct when using the chat room here?

The last several months have been horrid using the chat room. It seems no one wants to have a nice chat anymore. Nonsense, yelling and general assholish-ness have been the norm. It's got to the point that I have to check the chat room first before logging in to see who's there. Certain users are logged in and I won't or can't join the insanity.
    What can be done about this? I used to love to log into the chat room daily and see what was up. Not anymore! Not ever again if this stupidity keeps up!
  • Posted: April 12, 2019 2:38:31 pm
  • When I first officially joined and had a question about a particular book I went to the chatrooms, as I was unfamiliar with the forums and such. I saw pretty much what you describe here. It was utter nonsense. Not even real chats going on, complete random buffonery. If I remember correctly, you were the sane voice in the chat that guided me to the forums to better serve my needs. Thank you again for that, and it seems the chat rooms have continued to be ridiculous and not serving their intended purpose.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: April 12, 2019 3:52:32 pm
  • I haven't used the chatroom on here, I have gone to it a few times and nobody is in there. I think in a chatroom as long as you are respectful to others, try to keep the vulgarity down to a minimum and aren't to disruptive then everything should be fine. I personally don't think at this point in my life I have much time to dedicate to a live chat so I wouldn't be a regular but it can be fun with a good group of people.

I used to be on a forum for Call of Duty players and it was a really great community. We had a fun group of people and we used to chat EVERY DAY, ALL DAY it seemed. There was great conversations, funny stories, constant joking around and just having fun. Every now and then someone would act up and they might get kicked out for a day or something but it was pretty rare. We even had a couple fellas who found out they lived close to each other so they met up for beers one time. Another guy and girl struck up a relationship and got married, I met them one time when I was in there city and still keep in touch with them to this day.

Wubba lubba dub dub
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 51 years, 75 days, 12 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Daredevil Issue # 4b
  • BOOM! Studios's Lumberjanes Issue # 61b
  • Viz Media's Takane & Hana Soft Cover # 8
  • Marvel Comics's War of the Realms: Punisher Issue # 1