feature requests

Favourite horror movie (Comic Book Forums)

• Favourite horror movie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 12, 2019 3:24:46 am
  • My favourite of all time is The Shining. Freaked me out when I was a kid.
    "In times like these it's good to remember that there has always been times like these..."
  • Posted: April 12, 2019 1:10:39 pm
  • My good buddy Loren (ummagumma here on CBR) who is over 50 years-old now, can not watch even one minute of the Shining without sweating profusely and freaking out. Me thinks he saw that movie when he was a bit too young and it haunts him to this very day.
  • Posted: April 12, 2019 8:41:53 pm
  • The first Alien movie and the first It, although It may have been a TV movie.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: April 19, 2019 12:24:52 am
  • I might be the odd man out, but I LOVE the old-school Universal Monster movies. . .Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon. I love 'em all! Halloween is time for the Cheesy Monster Movie Marathon at my house.

My favorite more modern horror movies include Alien, The Thing, The Omen, The Shining, and the Evil Dead. But my FAVORITE more modern horror movie has to be the Exorcist.

I saw that movie on a friend's basement wall from a bootleg film reel someone had taken at the drive in when I was a kid and NOTHING has ever scared me more. I don't even think it was the whole movie. The book is pretty good too.

Last edited April 19, 2019 12:29:56 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: June 12, 2019 1:54:18 am
  • Blade Runner (1982)
    2001: A Space Odyssey (196Cool
    Identity (2003)
    Night of Living Dead (196Cool
    Battleship Potemkin (1925)
    Nosferatu (1920)
    Saw (2004)
    The Exorcist (1973)
    Psycho (1960)
    The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
    Jaws (1975)
    Except movies itself, I eager to know how color, time, space and sound elicit fear in an audience, this may interest of you:https://docsbay.net/horror-movie-aesthetics
  • Posted: July 10, 2019 2:34:30 pm
  • Like Atom, I'm old school and love the old Universal monster movies, and some of the Hammer Horror films (especially Christopher Lee's body of work as Dracula). Yet the one movie I'm going to list here has probably never been listed as anyone's favorite, but I'm listing it here for various reasons that makes it hit home with me:

The Night Stalker (1972)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067490/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2

Last edited July 10, 2019 2:35:49 pm
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7c
  • Image Comics's The Weatherman Issue # 4
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 90b
  • Maritsa Patrinos's Working Cats Issue # 2