feature requests

CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND 3! (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND 3!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 24, 2019 8:30:51 pm
  • Now don't be confused. Even though this is the second fight club entry (belonging of course to Spector, trademarked and patent pending) it is the third battle, as the first two were completed in the post called Round 1. I am the unworthy winner of the second battle as I took advantage of the lax rules and regulations, so that means I get to set this battle and I am the sole judge of the winning entry!
    So Pip the Troll hosts a Federation Day bash at his Resort on Knowhere, and who gets into a heated discussion but The Grandmaster and the Time Trapper. They agree on nothing and before you can say encyclopedia galactica the gauntlet is thrown. A battle is arranged, wagers placed, and pawns summoned. The innocent pawns will meet in a city on the planet Lampadas in the later part of the twenty fifth century. The town is part skyscrapers and part shantytown around most corners, which will suit both combatants equally. No one else is in town or anywhere around during the battle.
    These two champions were introduced to us one month apart in real Earth 616 time back in the spring/summer of 1962. First up, introduced to us in the cover dated August issue of Amazing Fantasy #15, is the Quick Quipping Kid from Queens, the Arachnid with Attitude, a Spectacular Web-slinger, the Amazing one himself, Peter Parker, the original Spider-Man!!!!!!
    His opponent for this battle was introduced to us one month earlier in the July 1962 issue of Superboy #98. He fights crime in the far off future as my teammate in the Legion of Super Heroes, he once trained as a member of the Emerald Dragons, he was swallowed by a space whale and lived to tell the tale, he's the Rumbler from Rimbor, the Brawler who's been to Lallor, he is Jo Nah, better known to friends and foes alike as Ultra Boy!!!!!!!
    I will make the assumption you all know about Spider-Man's powers, and remember please this is the very human version of Peter Parker Spider-Man, not Superior, not Cosmic, not with four extra arms, accept no substitutes! As for Ultra Boy he has all the powers any hero could want, and he even gets to keep his flight ring (after all, Spidey has his senses and webs). He can use his super strength, invulnerability, flight, speed, flash vision (like heat vision), penetra vision (like x-ray vision) and super breath (gusts of wind). BUT, he may only use one power at a time.
    Good luck, have fun, keep your eyes on your fries and let the battle begin!
    DING! DING!! DING!!!!

Last edited February 25, 2019 2:40:28 am
    Tenzil
  • Posted: February 24, 2019 11:21:35 pm
  • This sounds like a doozy here Tenzil. I seriously need to research more about Ultra Boy. (Bad Fan Boy, I know!) Part of that is being mostly a Marvel collector, that I have limited information on DC characters that aren't the major ones. If that came out sounding condescending, I do apologize. Major ones meaning, more well known by the mass public i.e. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman etc.
    I think this particular battle will be an interesting one to follow.

Also, if anyone new is checking this out, let's provide the link for CBR fight club round 1 (which also includes round 2).

https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/32300/cbr-fight-club-round-one
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: February 27, 2019 12:58:02 am
  • Hmmmm. . . .

On the surface, it seems that this is a pretty uneven match.

BUT. . .

One would think the same about a Superman vs. Batman matchup. But somehow or another, Batman seems to hold his own against The Man of Steel when it comes down to it.

AND SO. . .

For that very same reason, I give Spidey my vote! Sure, Ultra Boy has the webslinger beat when it comes to sheer power, but Spidey is not only quick on his feet, he's also a quick thinker. He would be able to dodge and dance around long enough to spot Ultra Boy's "One power at a time" limitation and figure out a way to use that against him.

It would be an epic battle, but Spider-Man NEVER gives up and he would eventually find a way to beat his futuristic foe no matter what. . .and THEN in classic comic style, Spidey would convince Ultra Boy to team up with him and go after the ones who put them against each other in the first place!

But THAT'S another story. In this one. . .victory for Spider-Man.

Last edited February 27, 2019 1:11:36 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 28, 2019 2:21:39 am
  • POINT!
    Spider-Man 1, Ultra Boy 0.

FIGHT!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: February 28, 2019 4:38:41 pm
  • I refreshed myself with the Ultra Boy character a little. I have some Legion books, but did not follow them or his character too closely...so DC wiki filled in some gaps.

Spider-man absolutely holds his own with Ultra Boy, during the battle and each attack with the different powers used -only one at a time. Spider-man mostly was on the defense as his attacks did little to no damage against Ultra-Boy's strength. In the end, it was Ultra Boy's speed that manages to catch Spider-man off guard, and knocks him into orbit, thus winning the battle.

Last edited February 28, 2019 4:39:14 pm
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: March 1, 2019 2:19:42 am
  • POINT!
    Spider-Man 1, Ultra Boy 1.

FIGHT!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: March 1, 2019 11:12:24 am
  • This does appear on the surface to be a fight Ultra Boy would win, but I'm also going with Spider-Man. The one power at a time thing will allow Peter Parker to make adjustments and find a way to come out victorious. Too busy to write out a scenario, but score another for the Wallcrawler.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: March 1, 2019 1:55:40 pm
  • POINT!
    Spider-Man 2, Ultra Boy 1

FIGHT!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: March 1, 2019 3:17:23 pm
  • I would love to participate in this third round, but my knowledge of the Legion of Super-Heroes could fill a thimble, so I will have to pass and wait for round four. Sorry?
  • Posted: March 5, 2019 2:16:54 am
  • No Point?
    I'm going to wrap this one up tomorrow night and declare a winner so get your submission in now!

FIGHT!
    Tenzil
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom Hard Cover # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths TPB # 1b
  • Image Comics's The Six Fingers Issue # 1 - 2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's X-Factor by Peter David Omnibus Hard Cover # 3b