feature requests

CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE! (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 10:27:01 pm
  • Ok, I had an idea to maybe engage some members and have a little fun. I can't say the idea is entirely my own though, as I borrowed a concept from reading some of edgos2's blogs. (If you haven't checked out the blog links he posts, you really should! Outstanding site!)

Anyway, to the meat of the matter here...I think it may be fun to do a little CBR-style "Fight Club" here. More specifically, have a mock battle in place, and let the members decide who they think would win the battle. It can be a Marvel character vs a DC character, Image vs Valiant...or whatever. Even teams vs teams.

So, the ground rules are:
    1. Try to evenly pit the character(s) based on likenesses, powers, etc.
    2. Since I am starting this thread, I will provide the first battle. After (hopefully) enough responses are in, I will vote the best scenario/storyline/description of why that character(s) would win the battle.
    3. The winning member chosen, will then pick the next matchup, and vote the best scenario/storyline/description....and so on.

And hopefully things will stay interesting, and this thread can go around a little while, and members can have some fun with it.

So, get your thinking caps on, bring out that platinum laced vocabulary and tell us who you think would win this first matchup.

CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE!
    This I think would be a battle of the ages here. Both characters are pretty evenly matched in just about every thing you could think of.

BATMAN VS MOON KNIGHT!!!

Is Bruce Wayne getting too old to still kick some Marvel butt, or is Marc Spector just a broke down copycat that will play second fiddle?

Let's see how you think this match would go...
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 10:36:09 pm
  • I gotta think that this one leans quite far to the Moon Knight side...reason being a bit obvious, but he's got a spirit (Khonshu) backing him, while Brucie relys on gadgets and brains...

in a brains vs brawn battle, Batman wins....in a straight up street fight...Moon Knight all day. Batman is very intelligent and seems to have a gadget for everything, but he doesn't have a Ghostbusters Proton Pack

Last edited January 25, 2019 10:39:55 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    X-Men #1c & 1d: Newsstand Editions
    New Avengers #36: Newsstand
    X-Man #1: Newsstand
    Justice League #1 New 52: Newsstand
    Uncanny X-Men #221 2nd Print: So Much Fun Variant
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 11:05:06 pm
  • Alright! Thanks for joining in AmZoMBiE!
    You know that I am so rooting for Moon Knight in this battle, but I have a feeling there are going to be some die hard Batman fans with different views here. You have to admit, Moon Knight does have Khonshu on his side, and has come back from the dead before.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 11:12:32 pm
  • Spector, you are too kind with your words about my blog! For those of you who haven't read it, I have a section called Cool Comics Battles, and I set the scenario each new episode (weekly) with two characters, or teams, from comics in my blog for that week. Sometimes it can be pretty intense foes, and sometimes just fun, like this week's, which is Casper the Friendly Ghost vs. Lois Lane.

I love the Batman vs Moon Knight match-up, and must agree with AmZoMBiE's assessment. I'll back him on this one and cast my vote that his scenario wins the day (even though Spector is casting the deciding vote)...mostly because I couldn't come up with anything better. And I agree there will be a lot of Batman voters. If Batman has time to prepare for a fight in advance, he's nearly impossible to defeat, but if you catch him by surprise, it could be lights out for Bruce.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 2:57:17 pm
  • @edgos2 you are more than welcome, and you really do have a top notch site that can beneficial to everyone.
    Alrighty...another notch for Moon Knight it looks like so far! Even though I am rooting for him, I will have to add that Batman is no panty waist. Hell, he even took down Superman. Waiting for some responses from the Bat side, to see some other views!
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 3:53:16 pm
  • Seeing how I enjoy both Batman and Moon Knight, this is a real tough scenario to figure out..

If Batman has his utility belt versus Moon Knight's equipment (doesn't he have a Khonshu belt?) the fight goes to Batman. It should be a fairly even match, but Batman would cheat for the win.

If Batman met Moon Knight in a sauna room with both just wearing towels, the fight would go to Moon Knight. Yes Batman's shlong is more impressive, but that wouldn't win him the fight.
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 4:02:14 pm
  • @brucifer nice take, and I agree that I think that Batman would pull out all stops in a battle, and any tools/weapons etc necessary to try and gain the upper hand.
    To keep it PC here, I hear Moon Knight is a grower and not a show-er lol!
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 6:16:21 pm
  • I'm not a fan of DC characters, so I'm going to say Moon Knight by default. Smile
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 11:25:27 pm
  • @Big Boss not a DC fan is still another tally for old Moon Knight here. A little surprised there is not any Bat love as of yet. Nice book btw.

Last edited January 26, 2019 11:25:52 pm
  • Posted: January 27, 2019 7:54:07 pm
  • Spector, I'm just curious as to how long each fight will last...for the voting, that is. Are you going to allow a week, for example? Seems like Batman voters have taken the week off. I really like your execution here and am looking forward to seeing future battles.
  • Posted: January 28, 2019 10:16:43 am
  • edgos2 said:
    Spector, I'm just curious as to how long each fight will last...for the voting, that is. Are you going to allow a week, for example? Seems like Batman voters have taken the week off. I really like your execution here and am looking forward to seeing future battles.

Yeah, I was thinking just that...probably a week to give a chance for more entries. This was posted on the weekend, and I figured there may not have been as many people looking around at posts. Unless there is a big influx of comments, I was thinking of letting it run until Friday or Saturday. i am with you in seeing some healthy competition from the Bat-side. For myself, I am more a fan of Moon Knight (as in the comics), but I am also a major Batman fan as well. Since I began the post, I am refraining from giving my take on how the battle would turn out...but I don't think it would be one sided at all. Batman is still a bad-a$$ and I think they would go several rounds, back and forth, before a victor emerged.
  • Posted: January 28, 2019 8:06:49 pm
  • I still dont think its a very close fight, youve got to think that both would be creeping around...Batman would very obviously get the jump on Moon Knight because of his gadgets, but i think Moon Knight takes the first few attacks, then counters and wins...Batman wont have time to assess his enemy, hence not being prepared with the proper gear...at least against the "Magic" based opponent.

So i stick to my guns lol...Brains < Batman Brawn < Moon Knight

Last edited January 28, 2019 8:09:34 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 28, 2019 9:40:21 pm
  • @AmZoMBiE Fair enough. I still don't think it would be a quick battle. It may be one that goes on for awhile before a winner comes out of it. Both are healthy brawlers with a lot of experience under their belts.
  • Posted: January 29, 2019 1:43:17 am
  • I like Moon Knight better, but I believe that if Bruce had time to prepare for the fight he would win, so one vote for Batman!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: January 29, 2019 7:57:48 am
  • @Tenzil aha! There are some Batman fans that weren't going to let him down. I like MK better too, and yep, Batman has the brains and skills that could quite possibly get that takedown.
  • Posted: January 30, 2019 12:03:09 am
  • I'm gonna give the Caped Crusader a vote on this one.

One of Batman's extremely underrated "abilities" is that he is able to choose the right allies for the job at hand. Moon Knight is generally a Lone Wolf, with other Marvel Heroes not really considering him trustworthy or stable. I think that Batman would bring an ally who could help counter Moon Knight's supernatural abilities, while MK would probably show up alone to the fight.

BUT. . .

If Batman didn't have time to prepare, he would probably STILL win. . .barely. It would be an extremely close and brutal battle that would eventually come right down to bloody fists and gritted teeth-style close combat and Batman has the superior training.

Of course Bruce would have to spend a month recovering in the cave from the extreme Moon Knight beatdown he'd get, but I still give this one to Batman.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: January 30, 2019 6:31:11 am
  • I don't know enough about MK to weight in on this bout Silenced

Great thread guys!
  • Posted: January 30, 2019 9:49:57 am
  • @atom awesome synopsis of how you think this battle would go down! I knew there had to be some more Batman fans that wouldn't let this fight go one-sided. And exactly! I see this as a bang up slug fest with a lot of different factors in between, with the arsenal of weapons, tricks and skills they both possess.
    @Jimbo749 thanks a bunch for checking it out! If you are ever curious to check out Moon Knight a little closer, there are several volumes to choose from, and each being really good. Superb artwork all around, and some great storytelling.
  • Posted: January 30, 2019 10:05:44 am
  • Spector said:

@Jimbo749 thanks a bunch for checking it out! If you are ever curious to check out Moon Knight a little closer, there are several volumes to choose from, and each being really good. Superb artwork all around, and some great storytelling.

Definitely interested in checking out the character, I keep hearing about him, and the "Lone Wolf" style that Atom mentioned sounds like a character I'd be into.
  • Posted: February 1, 2019 6:46:25 pm
  • Ok, this has run about a week, so it is time to declare a winner of CBR Fight Club (Round 1).
    As painful as it is for me to admit, and amidst the overwhelming support for Moon Knight (myself included), I am going against the grain and giving this win to Batman.
    The best assessment that I am voting for the winner and why Batman would win goes to none only than @atom.
    Great interpretation of how he would size Moon Knight up, and bringing in some help was something unexpected. And yes, Batman was going to get banged up like he has never been before and may be holed up a couple of months or more before even thinking of taking any villains on.

SO CONGRATS TO @atom and to BATMAN for the win in Round 1 of CBR FIGHT CLUB!

Passing the baton to you @atom to set up the Round 2 battle, and picking the winner at the end!
  • Posted: February 1, 2019 7:00:51 pm
  • Congrats, Atom!
  • Posted: February 5, 2019 12:41:57 am
  • Jimbo749 said:

Definitely interested in checking out the character, I keep hearing about him, and the "Lone Wolf" style that Atom mentioned sounds like a character I'd be into.

He's one of my favorite Marvel characters. MK has been compared a LOT to Batman, but I see him much more like a modern take on some of the Golden Age characters like The Shadow, with a combination of scientific and mystic powers that let him be part of some pretty unique (and sometimes strange) stories.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 5, 2019 1:03:31 am
  • Spector said:

SO CONGRATS TO @atom and to BATMAN for the win in Round 1 of CBR FIGHT CLUB!

Passing the baton to you @atom to set up the Round 2 battle, and picking the winner at the end!

Baton accepted!

Hmmmm. . .

Let's put aside superpowers and set two of the most skilled and brutal gun-totin' vigilantes out there against each other in the grimy alleys of the city that are ignored by the high-flyin' capes and tights crowd.

ROUND TWO!

In this corner. . .an unstoppable killer born of war and tragedy. Once he was known as the decorated Marine and Family Man Frank Castle. Now there only remains the violent and remorseless shell of a man known as THE PUNISHERRRRRRRR!

AND. . .

In THIS corner. . .we have a man trained from a young age by the ultimate vigilante, none other than the winner of last round, Batman! He's agile, he's smart, and his training is second to none! He's known the pain of death and betrayal, honing him into a fine-tuned killing machine. He's a vicious anti-hero who lets nothing stand in his way. . .including his former mentor. He's a man who's not afraid to put a gun to Batman's head. He's Jason Todd. . .THE RED HOOOOOOOOOOD!

DING-DING-DING! Go!

Last edited February 5, 2019 1:04:40 am
  • Posted: February 5, 2019 8:04:12 am
  • Jason Todd finds that he can traverse multiverses and winds up on Earth 616. Soon, he hears whispers about Frank Castle, the Punisher, and decides that anything the Punisher can do, he can do better. So Todd does his research and lays a trap.

When Frank makes the scene to take out some bad guys, he soon finds himself on the ground, thanks to a well-placed shot to the chest by Jason Todd. Castle is wearing Kevlar, but Jason was ready for this possibility and rushes in while the Punisher is still down, soon standing over him, aiming a pistol at his face and gloating about how he just took out the Punisher.

Meanwhile, the single shot got the attention of the mob that Frank Castle was going after, and five of them run out of the building and start shooting at both Todd and Castle. Frank, not one to look gift horses in the mouth, immediately rolls away from Jason Todd, and from out of nowhere raises a handgun towards this multiverse intruder's face, the result of which will put some extra spending money in the pockets of an oral surgeon. Upon seeing this, the mob goons, in their shock, pause, allowing Frank to continue on that roll long enough to recover his rife and summarily plunk each of the baddies with kill shots.

Frank stands up, grimaces and rubs his chest, then walks away into the sunset while the theme to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly reverberates through his mind.

Last edited February 5, 2019 8:05:21 am
  • Posted: February 5, 2019 9:15:25 am
  • Well darn, I know just about everything about the Punisher, but not a thing about the Red Hood. Shame on me, I know haha. I will definitely be reading along at the replies, but it will be hard to contribute unless I score a big lot of Red Hood appearances this week. That isn't likely, but now that I have a scraping of what the character is about, I will at least research the character a bit more. That may even prompt some future purchases, so thank you for that.
  • Posted: February 5, 2019 1:04:55 pm
  • So for sure its the Jason Todd Red Hood only...I think if it was the Joker Red Hood he would have a better chance of winning then Jason Todd.

Todd is bound (at least somewhere in his core) to being honest and fair. As does Frank Castle. Both played by the rules, took orders, and in some ways mirroring each other...both losing entire families, both going to a dark place, but both doing good. But i think that military training would help the victor more then street fighting experience (albeit martial arts also).

Winner: Frank Castle

Joker Red Hood, on the other hand, would not have any reserves, completely sporadic, impossible to understand. The mind game would take Frank under and swallow him...then just a simple boom, and good bye punisher...and we all know how lethal the Joker can be...plus hes used to Fighting Batman and Jason Todd together lol...and has still survived.

Winner: Joker Red Hood

Last edited February 5, 2019 1:06:39 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 5, 2019 2:57:10 pm
  • Punisher versus Red Hood eh? I'm familiar with both heroes (anti-heroes?).

Red Hood used to be Robin 2. He was trained by the best (um, Batman) and killed by the Joker because no DC fans liked him that much at the time. He's tough and a very smart fighter.

Punisher, on the other hand, has been in the Marvel Universe for many years, but not featured until the '80s. Frank Castle is lethal, tough as nails and willing to do what it takes to win.

The battle between the two should be close, but the edge goes to the Punisher. I believe he would do anything to defeat the Red Hood. Even though Jason Todd isn't chopped liver by any means, he would not want to kill Frank. Both would be wiling to cheat for the win, but Punisher's grittiness would make the difference in this fight.
  • Posted: February 6, 2019 12:05:41 am
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    So for sure its the Jason Todd Red Hood only...I think if it was the Joker Red Hood he would have a better chance of winning then Jason Todd.

Todd is bound (at least somewhere in his core) to being honest and fair. As does Frank Castle. Both played by the rules, took orders, and in some ways mirroring each other...both losing entire families, both going to a dark place, but both doing good. But i think that military training would help the victor more then street fighting experience (albeit martial arts also).

Winner: Frank Castle

Joker Red Hood, on the other hand, would not have any reserves, completely sporadic, impossible to understand. The mind game would take Frank under and swallow him...then just a simple boom, and good bye punisher...and we all know how lethal the Joker can be...plus hes used to Fighting Batman and Jason Todd together lol...and has still survived.

Winner: Joker Red Hood

I was thinking about the darker Pre-New 52 Jason Todd Red Hood, so I guess another win for The Punisher.
  • Posted: February 6, 2019 12:09:09 am
  • Spector said:
    Well darn, I know just about everything about the Punisher, but not a thing about the Red Hood. Shame on me, I know haha. I will definitely be reading along at the replies, but it will be hard to contribute unless I score a big lot of Red Hood appearances this week. That isn't likely, but now that I have a scraping of what the character is about, I will at least research the character a bit more. That may even prompt some future purchases, so thank you for that.

DC watered down Red Hood a bit during New 52 and Rebirth. He used to be a lot more vicious than he is now. He's a bit more "Bat-Family" these days, sort of like when Marvel tries to put Punisher on a team now and then.
  • Posted: February 6, 2019 5:22:58 pm
  • Thanks for the insight. For the full effect, now I know I need to go to the earlier stuff to really take the character in.
  • Posted: February 7, 2019 5:07:00 pm
  • I think we should start a new post for each round. That way the list doesn't get to huge!
  • Posted: February 7, 2019 6:36:28 pm
  • Ha, that is probably a good idea. Maybe the next round, providing it keeps going, since this second battle in intertwined in the first thread?
  • Posted: February 8, 2019 8:20:37 pm
  • I can't participate on round 2 simply because I don't care about either character.
  • Posted: February 9, 2019 6:48:14 am
  • Big Boss said:
    I can't participate on round 2 simply because I don't care about either character.

Why bother even commenting that then?
  • Posted: February 10, 2019 6:45:37 pm
  • Well....it looks like Zombie and I are off the hook for being to harsh on Pickycollector.

ShockedShockedShocked
    Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Posted: February 10, 2019 8:23:29 pm
  • MacheteF7 said:
    Well....it looks like Zombie and I are off the hook for being to harsh on Pickycollector.

ShockedShockedShocked

Yeah, I was reading that earlier today, and the same thought crossed my mind.
    Going up a comment further. One word. Classy.
    The rest of us here that enjoy this site and productively contribute, happen to like to watch the parade basking in the sun...so it really isn't necessary to do a rain dance on most everything commented on.
    With that said, who knew FIGHT CLUB was going to be for realz?
    Let's keep it positive and hopefully keep it going and try to have a little fun.
  • Posted: February 12, 2019 12:48:12 am
  • Hey there, Comic Book Realm fight fans!

I took a 4 day vacay to go to a wedding, so I haven't been in here for a little bit.

Let's take a look. . .

2 for Frank "Kill 'em All" Castle.
    0 for Jason "Just stay out of my way" Todd.

That's. . .not a great turnout. Neutral

I'll give it a couple more days before handing off the baton.

Last edited February 12, 2019 12:49:22 am
  • Posted: February 15, 2019 2:14:54 am
  • Okay. . .gonna bump this up before I go off the air until Monday. Let's see if we can get more than 2 votes on this vigilante shootout. . .
  • Posted: February 15, 2019 7:18:37 am
  • I am not a DC guy really so I know NOTHING about Jason Todd except that he used to be a Robin. So to get another vote for you guys I will go by association and say The Punisher wins all the way.
    Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Posted: February 16, 2019 3:03:32 am
  • Frank Castle walks into a bar. Josie tells him the guy he came to see is in a booth in the back corner. The Punisher settles in opposite Jason Todd and they begin a conversation. They talk of tragedies and tough times, of bullets and none of your bees-wax. Frank downs a couple of pints while Jason just shuffles some Nachos around on his plate. Jason starts describing all the things he wants to accomplish as the Red Hood when the light goes on and Castle remembers the 1-800 number. "You're not real," the Punisher says. "Back in the 1980's DC asked everyone if they wanted to kill you or have you live, final decision - no reversals. We voted you out. Who wouldn't, really? The very fact you have the temerity to show up here and try to fool us makes me very angry. I'd shoot you dead right now but it would be a waste of bullets, because you are no more than a figment of my imagination. Your very attempt at existence is an insult to comic fans everywhere, especially those who were betrayed by DC when given the chance to off an annoying sidekick for real, like my buddy Tenzil here." At which Jason Todd finally faded away, the faint whisper of his voice emanating from a broad red cloth saying, "free at last. . . . "
    Victory for the Punisher!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: February 16, 2019 9:08:12 am
  • I submit, Tenzil whupped me! That was awesome!
  • Posted: February 16, 2019 9:55:02 pm
  • ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseLMAO ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 16, 2019 11:03:48 pm
  • Bwahhhhhhh!
    I may not know a lick about the Red Hood, but that is by far one helluva creative mock battle scenario!
    *bows*

Last edited February 16, 2019 11:04:10 pm
  • Posted: February 19, 2019 1:42:32 am
  • Tenzil said:
    Frank Castle walks into a bar. Josie tells him the guy he came to see is in a booth in the back corner. The Punisher settles in opposite Jason Todd and they begin a conversation. They talk of tragedies and tough times, of bullets and none of your bees-wax. Frank downs a couple of pints while Jason just shuffles some Nachos around on his plate. Jason starts describing all the things he wants to accomplish as the Red Hood when the light goes on and Castle remembers the 1-800 number. "You're not real," the Punisher says. "Back in the 1980's DC asked everyone if they wanted to kill you or have you live, final decision - no reversals. We voted you out. Who wouldn't, really? The very fact you have the temerity to show up here and try to fool us makes me very angry. I'd shoot you dead right now but it would be a waste of bullets, because you are no more than a figment of my imagination. Your very attempt at existence is an insult to comic fans everywhere, especially those who were betrayed by DC when given the chance to off an annoying sidekick for real, like my buddy Tenzil here." At which Jason Todd finally faded away, the faint whisper of his voice emanating from a broad red cloth saying, "free at last. . . . "
    Victory for the Punisher!

But then Jason briefly fades back into existence.

"Wait a minute!" He sneers. "YOU'VE been dead TWICE now!"

Punisher just sips his drink and stares at Todd. Waiting for him to make his point.

"First, you killed YOURSELF and came back as some sort of freaky Angel-Punisher that lasted a whole 4 issues. And THEN you got chopped into pieces by Wolverine-Lite and got brought back as a friggin' Frankenstein's Monster that had to be tossed through so many hoops to retcon back to human they might as well have named your series Punisher: Basketball."

Punisher leaned back. Studying the smirking young man across the table.

"And?"

"AND?" Laughed Todd. "AND I have just as much right to exist as you do!"

"Do you now?" Growled Punisher.

"Yeah, I do. AND I'm a ninja! A NINJA!"

Todd's mocking laughter was quickly drowned out by the booming crash of gunfire coming from under the table. A spray of gore. A surprised look. A clutch at his gut. Jason Todd collapsed onto the floor into a puddle of blood.

Punisher stood up, looking around the bar to see if anyone was going to make a move. Satisfied that the few patrons had the good sense to mind their own business, The Punisher slid his pistol back into the holster and walked out, tossing a wad of bills to the bartender.

"Sorry about the mess, Josie. . .but I hate friggin' ninjas."
    "That you do, Frank." Replied the bartender as she came around the bar with a mop.

Victory for The Punisher!

The baton for next round passes to Tenzil! Give us a good one.

Last edited February 19, 2019 1:45:31 am
  • Posted: February 19, 2019 5:48:53 pm
  • Congratz Tenzil!
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 3:04:02 am
  • Thank you Atom, Spector, Ed, Zombie of the Morning, for those kind words, and thank you Atom for finishing my story in style! Well played!!
    I will have a round three in a day or two for you but I need to know if we should continue on this thread or begin a new one called CBR Fight Club Round Three, as has been suggested a page back or so. I prefer a new thread but what do the rest of you think?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 1:57:18 pm
  • I vote new thread. Hopefully with a new post more fans will participate.
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 3:10:45 pm
  • Yeah, new thread, maybe link to this one in the first post.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 21, 2019 12:06:55 am
  • dough boy said:
    Yeah, new thread, maybe link to this one in the first post.

I'll second this. New thread with a link.

Last edited February 21, 2019 12:07:33 am
  • Posted: February 21, 2019 12:15:16 am
  • Go for it, and looking forward to what you have in store for us all.
  • Posted: February 22, 2019 2:45:44 am
  • Okay, the votes are in and have been tabulated. One bright and shiny new thread coming up with a brand new battle in a day or two. Thank you for your patience!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: March 7, 2019 4:25:17 am
  • atom said:

He's one of my favorite Marvel characters. MK has been compared a LOT to Batman, but I see him much more like a modern take on some of the Golden Age characters like The Shadow, with a combination of scientific and mystic powers that let him be part of some pretty unique (and sometimes strange) stories.

Maybe a little late on this one but love that comparison to the Shadow. Both are favourites of mine.
    Even though that battle may be done I just have to throw in on this one. As I support the more white clad hero of the two don't take that as a sign of surrendering. My opinion (as mentioned in other posts some biased may be held towards Marvel) I think Marc would have this one. Few factors is that I think he is too unpredictable even for Batman (yeah that may be my bias kicking in). But Moon Knight with the multiple personalities at times can throw a gear in to Batman's plans (but at the same time maybe into Marc's?). But also gonna go with just with different character interpretations. Moon Knight has changed from his origins but has a somewhat more steady interpretation (possibly because not mainstream). Then well Batman has had some interesting times certainly if we talk about tv and film. Adam West batman vs Moon Knight ( against any take on Moon Knight), well... Then same argument with George Clooney's Batman? Michael Keaton's Batman would be interesting and I often thought if a Moon Knight movie was made back then and Keaton did that role that would have been pretty entertaining. Bale's performance would be a good battle between the two. But I understand Moon Knight hasn't been portrayed enough to pick apart certain interpretations. But it would be extremely cool to see an actual head to head in comics but as the past shows those normally end in a draw or fighting a common enemy cause neither company wants to be inferior. I like these posts and got to ask do you have to win one to post one? Haha
52 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 51 years, 80 days, 17 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's American God's Moment of the Storm Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Guardians of the Galaxy Issue # 1walmart
  • DC Comics's Heroes in Crisis Issue # 2 - final print
  • DC Comics's Shazam! Issue # 2 - 2nd print