feature requests

CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE! (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 16, 2019 9:08:12 am
  • I submit, Tenzil whupped me! That was awesome!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: February 16, 2019 9:55:02 pm
  • ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseLMAO ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 16, 2019 11:03:48 pm
  • Bwahhhhhhh!
    I may not know a lick about the Red Hood, but that is by far one helluva creative mock battle scenario!
    *bows*

Last edited February 16, 2019 11:04:10 pm
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: February 19, 2019 1:42:32 am
  • Tenzil said:
    Frank Castle walks into a bar. Josie tells him the guy he came to see is in a booth in the back corner. The Punisher settles in opposite Jason Todd and they begin a conversation. They talk of tragedies and tough times, of bullets and none of your bees-wax. Frank downs a couple of pints while Jason just shuffles some Nachos around on his plate. Jason starts describing all the things he wants to accomplish as the Red Hood when the light goes on and Castle remembers the 1-800 number. "You're not real," the Punisher says. "Back in the 1980's DC asked everyone if they wanted to kill you or have you live, final decision - no reversals. We voted you out. Who wouldn't, really? The very fact you have the temerity to show up here and try to fool us makes me very angry. I'd shoot you dead right now but it would be a waste of bullets, because you are no more than a figment of my imagination. Your very attempt at existence is an insult to comic fans everywhere, especially those who were betrayed by DC when given the chance to off an annoying sidekick for real, like my buddy Tenzil here." At which Jason Todd finally faded away, the faint whisper of his voice emanating from a broad red cloth saying, "free at last. . . . "
    Victory for the Punisher!

But then Jason briefly fades back into existence.

"Wait a minute!" He sneers. "YOU'VE been dead TWICE now!"

Punisher just sips his drink and stares at Todd. Waiting for him to make his point.

"First, you killed YOURSELF and came back as some sort of freaky Angel-Punisher that lasted a whole 4 issues. And THEN you got chopped into pieces by Wolverine-Lite and got brought back as a friggin' Frankenstein's Monster that had to be tossed through so many hoops to retcon back to human they might as well have named your series Punisher: Basketball."

Punisher leaned back. Studying the smirking young man across the table.

"And?"

"AND?" Laughed Todd. "AND I have just as much right to exist as you do!"

"Do you now?" Growled Punisher.

"Yeah, I do. AND I'm a ninja! A NINJA!"

Todd's mocking laughter was quickly drowned out by the booming crash of gunfire coming from under the table. A spray of gore. A surprised look. A clutch at his gut. Jason Todd collapsed onto the floor into a puddle of blood.

Punisher stood up, looking around the bar to see if anyone was going to make a move. Satisfied that the few patrons had the good sense to mind their own business, The Punisher slid his pistol back into the holster and walked out, tossing a wad of bills to the bartender.

"Sorry about the mess, Josie. . .but I hate friggin' ninjas."
    "That you do, Frank." Replied the bartender as she came around the bar with a mop.

Victory for The Punisher!

The baton for next round passes to Tenzil! Give us a good one.

Last edited February 19, 2019 1:45:31 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 19, 2019 5:48:53 pm
  • Congratz Tenzil!
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 3:04:02 am
  • Thank you Atom, Spector, Ed, Zombie of the Morning, for those kind words, and thank you Atom for finishing my story in style! Well played!!
    I will have a round three in a day or two for you but I need to know if we should continue on this thread or begin a new one called CBR Fight Club Round Three, as has been suggested a page back or so. I prefer a new thread but what do the rest of you think?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 1:57:18 pm
  • I vote new thread. Hopefully with a new post more fans will participate.
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 3:10:45 pm
  • Yeah, new thread, maybe link to this one in the first post.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 21, 2019 12:06:55 am
  • dough boy said:
    Yeah, new thread, maybe link to this one in the first post.

I'll second this. New thread with a link.

Last edited February 21, 2019 12:07:33 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 21, 2019 12:15:16 am
  • Go for it, and looking forward to what you have in store for us all.
52 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Oni Press's Invasive Issue # 4
  • IDW Publishing's Ministry of Compliance Issue # 4
  • Kodansha Comics's Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister Soft Cover # 4
  • Graphix's Whatever After Hard Cover # 1