feature requests

CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE! (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 10:27:01 pm
  • Ok, I had an idea to maybe engage some members and have a little fun. I can't say the idea is entirely my own though, as I borrowed a concept from reading some of edgos2's blogs. (If you haven't checked out the blog links he posts, you really should! Outstanding site!)

Anyway, to the meat of the matter here...I think it may be fun to do a little CBR-style "Fight Club" here. More specifically, have a mock battle in place, and let the members decide who they think would win the battle. It can be a Marvel character vs a DC character, Image vs Valiant...or whatever. Even teams vs teams.

So, the ground rules are:
    1. Try to evenly pit the character(s) based on likenesses, powers, etc.
    2. Since I am starting this thread, I will provide the first battle. After (hopefully) enough responses are in, I will vote the best scenario/storyline/description of why that character(s) would win the battle.
    3. The winning member chosen, will then pick the next matchup, and vote the best scenario/storyline/description....and so on.

And hopefully things will stay interesting, and this thread can go around a little while, and members can have some fun with it.

So, get your thinking caps on, bring out that platinum laced vocabulary and tell us who you think would win this first matchup.

CBR FIGHT CLUB ROUND ONE!
    This I think would be a battle of the ages here. Both characters are pretty evenly matched in just about every thing you could think of.

BATMAN VS MOON KNIGHT!!!

Is Bruce Wayne getting too old to still kick some Marvel , or is Marc Spector just a broke down copycat that will play second fiddle?

Let's see how you think this match would go...
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 10:36:09 pm
  • I gotta think that this one leans quite far to the Moon Knight side...reason being a bit obvious, but he's got a spirit (Khonshu) backing him, while Brucie relys on gadgets and brains...

in a brains vs brawn battle, Batman wins....in a straight up street fight...Moon Knight all day. Batman is very intelligent and seems to have a gadget for everything, but he doesn't have a Ghostbusters Proton Pack

Last edited January 25, 2019 10:39:55 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 11:05:06 pm
  • Alright! Thanks for joining in AmZoMBiE!
    You know that I am so rooting for Moon Knight in this battle, but I have a feeling there are going to be some die hard Batman fans with different views here. You have to admit, Moon Knight does have Khonshu on his side, and has come back from the dead before.
  • Posted: January 25, 2019 11:12:32 pm
  • Spector, you are too kind with your words about my blog! For those of you who haven't read it, I have a section called Cool Comics Battles, and I set the scenario each new episode (weekly) with two characters, or teams, from comics in my blog for that week. Sometimes it can be pretty intense foes, and sometimes just fun, like this week's, which is Casper the Friendly Ghost vs. Lois Lane.

I love the Batman vs Moon Knight match-up, and must agree with AmZoMBiE's assessment. I'll back him on this one and cast my vote that his scenario wins the day (even though Spector is casting the deciding vote)...mostly because I couldn't come up with anything better. And I agree there will be a lot of Batman voters. If Batman has time to prepare for a fight in advance, he's nearly impossible to defeat, but if you catch him by surprise, it could be lights out for Bruce.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 2:57:17 pm
  • @edgos2 you are more than welcome, and you really do have a top notch site that can beneficial to everyone.
    Alrighty...another notch for Moon Knight it looks like so far! Even though I am rooting for him, I will have to add that Batman is no panty waist. , he even took down Superman. Waiting for some responses from the Bat side, to see some other views!
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 3:53:16 pm
  • Seeing how I enjoy both Batman and Moon Knight, this is a real tough scenario to figure out..

If Batman has his utility belt versus Moon Knight's equipment (doesn't he have a Khonshu belt?) the fight goes to Batman. It should be a fairly even match, but Batman would cheat for the win.

If Batman met Moon Knight in a sauna room with both just wearing towels, the fight would go to Moon Knight. Yes Batman's shlong is more impressive, but that wouldn't win him the fight.
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 4:02:14 pm
  • @brucifer nice take, and I agree that I think that Batman would pull out all stops in a battle, and any tools/weapons etc necessary to try and gain the upper hand.
    To keep it PC here, I hear Moon Knight is a grower and not a show-er lol!
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 6:16:21 pm
  • I'm not a fan of DC characters, so I'm going to say Moon Knight by default. Smile
  • Posted: January 26, 2019 11:25:27 pm
  • @Big Boss not a DC fan is still another tally for old Moon Knight here. A little surprised there is not any Bat love as of yet. Nice book btw.

Last edited January 26, 2019 11:25:52 pm
  • Posted: January 27, 2019 7:54:07 pm
  • Spector, I'm just curious as to how long each fight will last...for the voting, that is. Are you going to allow a week, for example? Seems like Batman voters have taken the week off. I really like your execution here and am looking forward to seeing future battles.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
52 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4c
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1h
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's Sam and Twitch: Case Files Issue # 2
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek Issue # 19b