feature requests

Spider man #1 Cover Swipes / Homage Covers 2019 and Beyond (Comic Book Forums)

• Spider-man #1 Cover Swipes / Homage Covers - 2019 and Beyond

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 19, 2019 1:18:26 pm
  • I might be interested if there is an extra green one.

Gonna try and post an update this weekend. The gf won't be here so I'll have more time to do comic/computer stuff!

Last edited June 19, 2019 1:18:58 pm
  • Posted: June 25, 2019 6:05:17 pm
  • Hi guys

Good news ..... i guess, the guy with the PizzaMan Sets , it says that for the right price he's willing to sell 3 Sets , i'm definitely gonna buy one set , because i have been looking those comics for a few years and they dont appears so often.

Today im going to send him an offer for the set and see what happen.

i will receive some pics from him tonight.
  • Posted: June 25, 2019 6:09:07 pm
  • oOErgoProxyOo said:
    Hi guys

Good news ..... i guess, the guy with the PizzaMan Sets , it says that for the right price he's willing to sell 3 Sets , i'm definitely gonna buy one set , because i have been looking those comics for a few years and they dont appears so often.

Today im going to send him an offer for the set and see what happen.

i will receive some pics from him tonight.

That is great news! Let us know how it goes...and post pics if you can.
  • Posted: June 29, 2019 12:23:52 am
  • Hey guys, thank you for the nod, but I don't think the SM#1 Silver Cover Double Cover book I found should be considered part of the "OG" books. I wouldn't list any manufacturer errors outside the Blue Lizard and Copper Lizard currently.

(That being said, I may revise this in the future; I have an SM#1 Gold Cover where the exact same pages and panels and the Blue/Copper Lizard are misprinted. The Lizard is a kind of grey/green, but I haven't heard of any others and until I do, can't lobby for the book being anything other than a one of one misprint. Cool, but not much else.)
  • Posted: July 1, 2019 1:06:38 pm
  • Hey guys! Found another one. You list the UK Foreign:
    [1,2] - The Complete Spider-Man #1 (Marvel UK w/ Patch) [Marvel Comics UK, Dec 1990]

But there are 2 different ones, and the second one wasn't a UK release.

The 1st photo is correct, the 2nd is not. The 2nd photo has a different book in it. I believe this was the free giveaway with the German Spider-Man Atari Video Game in 1990. It came folded in half inside the game box. Quite rare. I heard that the print run was 3,000.

I found one in my set, can't figure out when I got it or what I paid, but there it is:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gXhu5sGKiCBPg8gZ8

• Posted: July 1, 2019 1:12:29 pm
  • It is listed in a different section of the list:

[1] - The Complete Spider-Man NO# (Amiga PC Game Giveaway) [Marvel, 1990]
  • Posted: July 1, 2019 1:14:32 pm
  • af15 said:
    It is listed in a different section of the list:[1] - The Complete Spider-Man NO# (Amiga PC Game Giveaway) [Marvel, 1990]

Cool, so just needs an update, please feel free to use my pic, and I don't believe it was Amiga, I'm pretty sure it was Atari in Germany.
  • Posted: July 1, 2019 3:07:05 pm
  • I have wanted to post something substantial for a while, but I haven’t had the time. Lots of stuff going on in RL. Little by little I have been updating the main list with images which has been a bit of a process and more involved than I originally thought. I plan on doing some fixes in the near future, but right now it is mostly complete with only a few images and books to add.

Over the last couple of months I have taken a few trips where I saw some swipe images. I went to Universal Studios and spent a decent amount of time walking around the Marvel area of the park. On the way out I took one last walk through the larger store and noticed this hanging up on the shelf (1) I also went to Hero Con on the 15th to have a couple of my books signed and graded. While I was standing in line for signatures a kid passed by me wearing a swipe t-shirt I haven’t seen before. It looks like this (1) although I can’t remember which direction the diagonal went or if the covers were flipped. It all happened very quick and I didn’t see the kid again. Be on the lookout!

af15 said:
    Spoof check! Found this image from a cover and while it is reversed from Spider-Man #1, what does everyone think as to whether it is a legit spoof? I put them side by side for review.

His knees are crouched in almost the same position as well as the bend in the arm. The hand is inverted to the outside and facing the camera instead of pointing away. On a scale the pose is closer to the swipe stance than a crouch. I think this would go in Parody at most. Is it an actual comic or just a pic? I feel like I saw this in the original thread...

BigRonnie said:
    Hey guys, thank you for the nod, but I don't think the SM#1 Silver Cover Double Cover book I found should be considered part of the "OG" books. I wouldn't list any manufacturer errors outside the Blue Lizard and Copper Lizard currently.

(That being said, I may revise this in the future; I have an SM#1 Gold Cover where the exact same pages and panels and the Blue/Copper Lizard are misprinted. The Lizard is a kind of grey/green, but I haven't heard of any others and until I do, can't lobby for the book being anything other than a one of one misprint. Cool, but not much else.)

I was thinking about this the last time I updated pics. I wanted to have them shown somewhere on the list and at first I had them numbered, but soon after decided to delete the numbers and add “misprint” to the title. Now I am thinking about adding a misprint section underneath the originals section or somewhere that would house these misprints as well as the lizard misprints. Thoughts?

I would also like some input on what to do with the El Monito books that popped up on ebay a few months ago. 5 or 6 sets were sold as well as some individuals. I know they are international and there is an international section, but I feel like they are new original books and not a translated version. They are currently in the swipe section.

I added ASM 799 under the fringe section. This one kept calling out to me while I was on the search. The background webbing is similar, but the pose is a little off. It’s almostttt, but not quite. This is up for debate too.

American Dischord has a few new books that incorporate the swipe pose, but don't have it full scale. Its smaller in a bubble or cornerbox. I don’t think that these belong on the swipe list, but maybe on the homage or fringe sections or not at all?

BigRonnie said:
    af15 said:
    It is listed in a different section of the list:[1] - The Complete Spider-Man NO# (Amiga PC Game Giveaway) [Marvel, 1990]

Cool, so just needs an update, please feel free to use my pic, and I don't believe it was Amiga, I'm pretty sure it was Atari in Germany.

Thanks. When I was searching for images of the patched book the side by side image popped up. I figured it was just one with the patch removed. The pic that I currently have listed for the game is all I could find. I will get these switched around the next time I update and add pics Smile
173 posts • Page 1 of 18
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 58 years, 84 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Savage Avengers Issue # 13b
  • Alan Class & Company's Sinister Tales Issue # 75
  • Fleetway (AP/IPC)'s War Picture Library Issue # 529
  • Fleetway (AP/IPC)'s War Picture Library Issue # 643