feature requests

New 52 Favourite Series (Comic Book Forums)

• New 52 Favourite Series

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 22, 2018 7:12:41 pm
  • So, I stopped buying off the rack a decade ago and recently got back into reading whole series either through TPB or buying the whole run locally. Gotta say...great way of doing it! Far cheaper and kind of like binge watching Netflix series. Anyways, I have really gotten into the new 52 runs. Some good stories there. Without telling (yet) what series I have read...ok, this started because I read the Batman TPBs...., I was wondering what your top 3 (or more) new 52 runs are. I am kind of curious to see if there are some series I should tackle that I haven’t picked up yet.
  • Posted: December 23, 2018 11:14:59 am
  • New52 Batman was the only title from that universe that I enjoyed. I hated pretty much everything else. Batgirl was also decent. The New52 Superman titles were horrible. There were a lot of holes in continuity. DC Comics fixed all of that with Rebirth.

Last edited December 23, 2018 11:16:19 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 23, 2018 11:31:32 am
  • Shows you how long I have been out of the new storylines. I have read the Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man and even the All-Star Western stories and didn’t mind any of them. What Rebirth storylines would you recommend then?
  • Posted: December 23, 2018 6:46:03 pm
  • Just depends on what characters you like. I've really enjoyed the Superman titles: Superman, Action Comics, Super Sons. And the most current Justice League is knocking it out of the park.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 24, 2018 11:04:31 am
  • Read several of the New 52 title in TPB, Batgirl and Justice League were good, Aquaman, and Green Arrow were ok too. Harley Quinn was probably my surprise favorite. I did like reading in that format though, most of the books are available new @ 1/2 price.
  • Posted: December 26, 2018 12:17:53 am
  • Unlike a lot of people, I had no problems with the New 52. . .except with what they did to Huntress, and Tim Drake, and Superman, and John Constantine, and Oracle, and. . .okay, there were a FEW problems.

But generally, I liked a lot of what New 52 had to offer. My favorite series were:

Batman - Of course. That was probably the biggest success of the initiative.

Detective - A little overshadowed by Batman, but I actually liked it better.

Batwoman - It got a little off the rails toward the end, but still a great read.

All-Star Western - I'm a big fan of all things Jonah Hex, and this series didn't disappoint! My favorite New 52 series of them all! Hex and Amadeus Arkham in Old Gotham and Steampunk New Orleans coming up against the Court of Owls, Vandal Savage, and Doctor Jekyll/Mr. Hyde with great Moritat art? What's not to like? I was SEVERELY disappointed to see Hex not coming back for Rebirth.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Saddleback Educational Publishing's Graphic Biography: Steve Jobs Soft Cover # 1b
  • Oni Press's Jill and the Killers Issue # 4b
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 7b