feature requests

Best hard Case for Magazine size book (Comic Book Forums)

• Best hard Case for Magazine size book

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 19, 2018 12:38:07 pm
  • I am looking for the best hard case for a Magazine size book. I got one of the original TMNT books and want to protect it better then bag and board.

Any Suggestions?

Also anyone know the best place to get the going rate for slabbed books. I know over street is the raw price just wondering if anyone knew if there was a place to get graded prices or are they basically the same.
  • Posted: December 19, 2018 4:36:39 pm
  • Egerber sells Mylars that wil fit magazines and full back acid free boards. Comic Skins sells hard cases, but they are not big enough for magazines.

Ebay sold listings is your best bet for graded prices. You can search for a specific book, grade, and grading company (CGC, CBCS, or PGX). Make sure you look at sold listings, not the price sellers are asking, because they can ask any outrageous price.
  • Posted: December 19, 2018 4:45:11 pm
  • Probably not what you're looking for, but I own an original TMNT #1. The first four issues were in that odd magazine format but I think they were even wider than magazines. Could never find the right bag or board so I got it professionally framed. I felt like because of its value (and mine's not in great condition but these get big offers) it was worth it.

Last edited December 19, 2018 4:46:37 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 19, 2018 8:36:52 pm
  • i would say its always worth getting these older books graded if not just to protect them. I have a tmnt 3 1st print, but also need to get it pressed so...i will probably send it at my next big con...

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: December 19, 2018 11:38:55 pm
  • I've wondered the same thing about hard cases/comic wall frames (which is what I usually use hard cases for) for oversize comics. I have a pretty good selection of the Marvel Super Specials and DC Limited Collector comics with great covers I want to display, but usually end up having to put them into a poster frame.

Are there any actual oversize comic book hard shells out there?
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: December 20, 2018 11:21:58 am
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    i would say its always worth getting these older books graded if not just to protect them. I have a tmnt 3 1st print, but also need to get it pressed so...i will probably send it at my next big con...

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/

I have the same thing the 3rd print of #1. I plan on getting it graded sometime this next year. I am going to be seeing Eastman at a con in September so I plan on him signing it and then sending it in. I just wanted to protect it till I am able to send it in. I also have a 1st Print of #4 in rougher shape that I want to protect better.
  • Posted: December 20, 2018 11:37:33 pm
  • ^^^
    Looks like it might work for my giant comics with a sticky hook on the back, but they sure ain't cheap. . .
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2c
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 3
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 7
  • Image Comics's The Six Fingers Issue # 2