feature requests

Cool Comics In My Collection! (Comic Book Forums)

• Cool Comics In My Collection!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 21, 2019 10:12:52 am
  • Well, I for one, have not read anything about Oblivion Song, so thank you for the review. Image has a number of really well written books that are available, and many that are current.
    Last month I scored a lot of Copperhead comic books for 99 cents. It had every issue except 2. I was able to find one of the missing books at the LCS, but have not picked up #5. (Mainly because I hate to pay $4 for the book and match that for shipping for one book, when I got the lot for such a great deal).
    So, I have read #1-4 and absolutely love it. A Sci-Fi Western, who would have thought? Anyways, there are a good bit of Image books around with some great stories (and terrific artwork) for all to enjoy...like Oblivion Song (and Copperhead too!)

Last edited February 21, 2019 10:23:26 am
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: February 21, 2019 10:19:23 am
  • I'll keep my eye out for Copperhead when I'm digging around in discount boxes! Thanks for the heads-up on that one, Spector.

With all the offerings that come out every month in Previews, sometimes difficult decisions have to be made. In a perfect world, we'd all be able to get every issue that sounds interesting...but alas, most of us don't have the funds for it.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: February 28, 2019 4:31:01 pm
  • Hey you kept the Hulkverines and Infinity watch positive, I wiill give you that. You are braver than me in picking the first one up haha. That cover on the Infinity watch though. Comical yet provoking at the same time...I may end up picking that one up eventually. I picked up a Spawn Kills everyone too variant a week or so ago, that was an Infinity homage with the Violator. I wasn't collecting that book, but I couldn't pass that issue up.
  • Posted: March 1, 2019 7:27:40 am
  • Spector, sometimes I'm willing to give crazy a try, and sometimes the crazy works! There are others who may not like either of those comics, and that's okay, because we enjoy different things. Most people in different comic book groups have actually ended up pretty positive about both after they've read them, or have decided to give them a try.
  • Posted: March 1, 2019 4:34:17 pm
  • edgos2 said:
    Spector, sometimes I'm willing to give crazy a try, and sometimes the crazy works! There are others who may not like either of those comics, and that's okay, because we enjoy different things. Most people in different comic book groups have actually ended up pretty positive about both after they've read them, or have decided to give them a try.

You couldn't have put that any better. Different strokes for sure. A lot of what I purchase I see through the investment lens. But...I make a bunch of pure fun and enjoyment buys that I probably get more out of regardless if they are literary gems or if they will ever be valuable.
    The last several purchases made, waiting to arrive, fall into that category. Replacement books to recapture my youth kind of buys. 1983 mini series Hawekeye, Cloak and Dagger, Magik and the Falcon. And last night the Atlas 70's book Grim Ghost #1.
    There are definitely books to appeal to everyone, and you captured that perfectly with your statement.
  • Posted: March 14, 2019 9:28:51 am
  • That link is not working, just a head's up.
    I am going over to last week's link to get into the new one.
  • Posted: March 14, 2019 1:58:57 pm
  • Fixed! Thanks for letting me know. I had some trouble with my email server I use for this also, this morning. And Facebook has been glitchy.
302 posts • Page 1 of 31
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man vs Venom Soft Cover # 1 - 5th print
  • Graphix's Whatever After Hard Cover # 1