feature requests

What to Read While Waiting For SHAZAM! (Comic Book Forums)

• What to Read While Waiting For SHAZAM!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 29, 2018 5:37:27 pm
  • I will be interested to see how the Shazam movie shapes up. It is hard to believe this character has been around for as long as he has. Being predominantly a Marvel reader, I really am trying to give DC more of a chance and pick up more books. I found a few Shazam books at auction this past week that were in top condition, but with my spending funds at what they were, the bids got ahead of what I was able to spend.
    Nice DD piece too. I love every era of the DD books. I think the silver age art is the best (Wally Wood!), the Frank Miller Run you just can't get any better, and even this new run that just ended this week was surprisingly good.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: November 30, 2018 12:11:48 pm
  • Spector, I, too, have more familiarity with Marvel, but I try to get DC books in quarter and other discount boxes, digital collections on sale, and other means. I'm currently reading Batman and Detective, Action and Superman, Green Lantern, Doomsday Clock (when it comes out), Suicide Squad Black Files (I have to, since I know Mike W. Barr!) and will be adding SHAZAM!

Last edited November 30, 2018 12:14:48 pm
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: November 30, 2018 7:39:32 pm
  • Batman is always a win, as far as stories go in the DC Universe. The first series Swamp Thing with len and Wrightson is beyond amazing too. One underrated series (multiple series) is the DC Vertigo line from the early 90's too. I was completely hooked on many of the titles. I had a nice run of Hellblazer, Death, and the Alan Moore Swamp Things from then. Some of those stories will stand the test of time for their greatness.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 246 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Pizz Publications's Christ on a Crutch Issue nn
  • Titan Comics's Dark Souls: The Willow King Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Dead X-Men Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 255facsimile-b