feature requests

Bill Maher (Comic Book Forums)

• Bill Maher

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 19, 2018 6:59:43 am
  • Someone had to bring this up and lay it to rest . . . I think Gale Simone put it best,

"Here’s a thing, even if you don’t care about comics.@billmaher saw a mass of people grieving and thought, ‘Hey, how can I make this about me?’

Probably all anyone needs to know, really.
    "

Nuff said!
  • Posted: November 19, 2018 8:59:25 am
  • I don't care for him for many, many reasons (which I won't get in to). So I agree GenesisDay07, that comment from Gale Simone sums it up perfectly.

Now if I could just do something about the "Shop Related Products" section below, so I didn't have to look at his stupid face! Rolling Eyes
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: November 19, 2018 10:03:22 am
  • Bill Maher is a meatplow

Last edited November 19, 2018 10:03:34 am
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: November 19, 2018 11:46:21 am
  • What a pompous asshat
  • Posted: November 19, 2018 3:07:53 pm
  • Yick
    I did enjoy his show Real Time in the past, but I will leave that in the past now.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: November 19, 2018 7:37:14 pm
  • Pretty ironic that Maher didn't have a problem cashing that check he got for his appearance in Iron Man 3...what an ignorant moron.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: November 19, 2018 9:28:06 pm
  • I try to stay away from and care less about what Hollywood entertainers say about anything related to comics. They might know who Stan is but I bet most of them have never even read a comic book in their life. And judging by what Maher said, that's proof.

Last edited November 19, 2018 9:30:18 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 24, 2018 5:26:16 am
  • Bill Maher is an opportunist and provocateur, and has built his career on exactly that. I used to enjoy his show, but over the years he's just seemed to become more shrill and annoying. His dancing on the grave of Stan Lee is just another desperate grab at remaining relevant.

One person can make a difference.
    With great power comes great responsibility
    Stand up against evil.
    Be good to each other.

These are the things that Stan Lee came back to again and again in his stories, and they're the sort of things that can inspire generations beyond a man's life. I hope Bill Maher is blessed with a long and healthy life, but what will he leave behind to remember him by?

Last edited November 24, 2018 5:29:49 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: November 28, 2018 3:00:55 pm
  • I watch Bill and will continue to watch Bill. He is one of the only few remaining liberals who believe in being "Political incorrect" unlike the movement in the past 5 years of being ultra PC (well... actually conservative in an odd switch). He says it how he sees it. This isn't the first time nor the last time he says something I dont agree with but unlike most people in the modern internet age, I can hear people tell me things I dont like to hear and not get bent about it. This is a guy who in the past month had Steve Bannon and "the mooch" on his show to talk, people diametrically apposed to his view yet he still brings them in to talk which is what all of us should be doing. People will only continue to sink into their divided bubbles if they dont listen to people they dont agree with.

Last edited November 28, 2018 3:01:52 pm
  • Posted: November 28, 2018 11:32:28 pm
  • True enough, Starman. These days, two halves don't make a whole, they just stay two halves. I'm generally conservative, but I swing WAY left on a few topics, so I'd probably still watch his show if he hadn't turned into such a bitter old fart over the years.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: November 29, 2018 8:38:44 am
  • Starman said:
    I watch Bill and will continue to watch Bill. He is one of the only few remaining liberals who believe in being "Political incorrect" unlike the movement in the past 5 years of being ultra PC (well... actually conservative in an odd switch). He says it how he sees it. This isn't the first time nor the last time he says something I dont agree with but unlike most people in the modern internet age, I can hear people tell me things I dont like to hear and not get bent about it. This is a guy who in the past month had Steve Bannon and "the mooch" on his show to talk, people diametrically apposed to his view yet he still brings them in to talk which is what all of us should be doing. People will only continue to sink into their divided bubbles if they dont listen to people they dont agree with.

Completely agree. Do you know what it did by having everyone making a tweet about him? Just made the point they were against more prevalent. If you see something you don't like and it isn't hurting anything, just leave it alone to die.

I watch Bill Maher all the time and mostly agree with everything he says. He might be the first person that had the same attitude towards religion that I did. But, the thing about this comment is he obviously is being ignorant in the fact that comics are not just superhero books anymore. If you read the old superhero books they WERE geared towards children. So his only crime is not realizing comic books have evolved but he's certainly not alone there.

Two tangent points here somewhat related to this:

1. I love how if you read superhero comics as an adult you're immature or a geek. Yet, take those stories and put them in a movie and millions upon millions of adults watch them and LOVE them. The hypocrisy of some people is astounding.

2. If you tell the average person "I read comics", they probably think you're reading Captain America, Batman, etc. They picture big sound effect balloons and villainous monologues in the third-person and probably think you're a little childish. Meanwhile, you're reading Walking Dead or any other mature non-superhero book.

However if you tell someone "I love movies", they don't assume you watch Pixar only and a bunch of kid movies. They naturally ask "Oh, what kind is your favorite?" Many many people are ignorant to comics.

So Bill said something ignorant. I read it and my next action was "I'm thirsty, need to get a drink". Others are "PEOPLE NEED TO HEAR MY THOUGHTS ON THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!!" Get over yourself people. Your opinion is just as worthless as his in the end Smile
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Astro City: MetroBook TPB # 5
  • Image Comics's Mirka Andolfo's Sweet Paprika Issue # 2black saber
  • Parkade Comics's Parkade Comics Issue nn - (2)
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks: Green Lama Facsimile Edition Issue # 7