feature requests

Stan Lee Passes Away at Age 95 (Comic Book Forums)

• Stan Lee Passes Away at Age 95

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 1:15:32 pm
  • Just heard that Stan Lee has passed away. He'll be missed greatly.
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 1:20:46 pm
  • Stan – Thank you for all the wonderful stories you’ve helped tell us over the years. We all grew up in a friendly neighborhood where we knew that with great power comes great responsibility. Excelsior!
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 7:03:06 pm
  • He will be missed
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 7:06:10 pm
  • Stan Lee did some truly amazing stuff for Marvel comics. Just mind-blowing when you think of the shear magnitude of creating he did in a few year period in the early part of the '60s. Thanks Stan. R.I.P.
    I hate your daughter for being such a scammer, though.
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 8:44:46 pm
  • I've been mispronouncing omnipotent since I was 4 thanks to that guy. RIP Stan-thanks for the daydreams that got me through church every morning!
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 9:41:07 pm
  • I was at work, and my son actually called to tell me the news. Like everyone else is thinking, this is truly a sad day in history. I could probably write a 30 page novella on his contribution to the world, and the personal effect he had on my life. The silver lining is that he can now be at peace with Joan for eternity.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: November 12, 2018 9:55:43 pm
  • Very sad and heartbreaking news, for sure. We all knew he couldn't live forever(could he?), and that this day would eventually come. Still, hearing the news is shocking. I would guess a very big portion of the world knew who Stan was, if not the man himself, one of his creations. I mean..who doesn't know who Spider-man , or the Incredible Hulk is? In interviews he seemed very friendly, and personable, and I would think he most assuredly left a mark on those he met. We KNOW he left a mark in our lives through his work. And in that sense, he will always live forever! Whether he knew it or not..Stan became a hero to many!!

EXCELSIOR, Stan, you will be greatly missed! Sad
  • Posted: November 13, 2018 2:09:39 am
  • While not totally unexpected this is sad and tragic news as another legend has passed. Like any human being he made mistakes and must have had regrets but overall I would say he lived a great life and touched so many in ways he could never know. He did so much for so long it is impossible to catalogue it all here but I just want to shine a little spotlight on part of what he accomplished over a nine month period in the last half of 1965 and the first half of 1966. During that time he was writing up to eight titles most months, and in that short span of time he, Jack, Steve, John Romita and the other artists gave the world: The Inhumans, Gorgon, Black Bolt, Triton, Karnak, Crystal, Lockjaw, the Hidden Refuge, Maximus, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, the Black Panther, Klaw, Wakanda, Vibranium, Wyatt Wingfoot, Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborn, Norman Osborn, ASM #31-33 (awesome storyline), Green Goblin discovering Peter Parker is Spider-Man, Avengers battling Kang and then Doctor Doom, then Attuma, the Collector, Hank Pym as Goliath, Sentinels, Master Mold, Bolivar Trask, Mimic, First Sleeper, Peggy Carter, Sharon Carter, Batroc, the Cosmic Cube, the start of AIM, Boomerang, the Secret Empire, Hulk vs. Hercules, Iron Man vs. Namor, Masked Marauder, Spider-Man/Daredevil team up, Gladiator (the Daredevil foe, not the Shiar Imperial Guardsman), Pluto, Ares, Aretmis, Hera, Hermes and more gods, a Thor vs. Hercules battle and much much more. All those characters I named, besides the battles and the Avengers foes are first appearances. He was a legend, an icon, one of my first idols and someone I will always look up to and be grateful for. RIP Stan, forever The Man.

Last edited November 13, 2018 2:11:29 am
    Tenzil
  • Posted: November 13, 2018 2:27:02 am
  • RIP Mr Stan Lee

I think you have truly found the key to immortality more so than many other people out there trying to leave a "mark" . . . you've left a legacy.

You've seen your characters go from ideas in your head to colourful images on paper to larger than life "gods" portrayed by some of the top actors in the world.

My favourite work would probably have been the old Journey into Mystery and Thor comics, where you seemed to really love using that over-the-top language to just add to those Kirby pencils . . . absolutely brilliant!

Thanks for the memories . . . rest well.
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26
  • DC Comics's Jay Garrick: The Flash Issue # 6b
  • Schanes & Schanes's Starslayer Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 503b