feature requests

Amazing Spider Man # 25 Revisited Remastered Variant 1,000:1 (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man # 25 Revisited - Remastered Variant 1,000:1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 13, 2018 11:57:37 pm
  • So after a year and a half, how is everyone feeling about the value of this comic book now. I know some of you bought this comic and paid big $$$$ for it and are now stuck with an "investment" that hasn't panned out. So much speculation that there were only going to be a handful of these and thus the reasoning that $3,500.00 was the justified price. After all, it was the first 1,000:1 comic book and the perceived scarcity would drive this to the moon. Well, after a year and a half, I'm seeing many copies be offered for sale on Ebay and nowhere near the sales values when initially released. Raw copies are selling around $1K so there are those collectors that want it but at the right price but if you're going to spend several thousand dollars then wouldn't something like Hulk 181 be a better option. I'm really interested in hearing from those of you that bought initially. Would you do it again? Probably not, I believe.

Last edited October 14, 2018 12:04:25 am
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 8:02:47 am
  • I would have to imagine that those who got it early were in the ASM completionist club...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 16, 2018 1:34:12 am
  • Yes, probably so but sometimes you have to be smart about it. This was a situation where you were better off waiting it out. At least that's what I would have done if I was still in that silly game. Thankfully, I'm not.
  • Posted: October 16, 2018 7:17:36 am
  • I think it is also tough because of what happened with ASM #667. Everyone thought because it was a 1:100 it would be easy to get later (and cheaper).
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 16, 2018 11:58:02 am
  • ASM # 667 Dell'Ottto was a rare example where the price just kept going up and never came back down but remember that it started low and climbed. ASM # 667 is a classic example of supply vs. demand whereas the ASM # 25 Remastered Variant started high right from the start and created artificial demand. Hence, it's "downfall."
  • Posted: October 25, 2018 2:45:51 pm
  • stormraider said:
    ASM # 667 Dell'Ottto was a rare example where the price just kept going up and never came back down but remember that it started low and climbed. ASM # 667 is a classic example of supply vs. demand whereas the ASM # 25 Remastered Variant started high right from the start and created artificial demand. Hence, it's "downfall."

Sorry but you are wrong, ASM 667 was when print runs were low on the heels of 666 and it was a late add. Many stores didn't order it due to their investments in 666 which is why 667 and the 678 were worth so much. This reboot ASM 25 was artificial all the way. About the ASM 25 anyone that bought it was crazy it was never going to be a 667 or 678 ever.
  • Posted: October 25, 2018 10:28:55 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    stormraider said:
    ASM # 667 Dell'Ottto was a rare example where the price just kept going up and never came back down but remember that it started low and climbed. ASM # 667 is a classic example of supply vs. demand whereas the ASM # 25 Remastered Variant started high right from the start and created artificial demand. Hence, it's "downfall."

Sorry but you are wrong, ASM 667 was when print runs were low on the heels of 666 and it was a late add. Many stores didn't order it due to their investments in 666 which is why 667 and the 678 were worth so much. This reboot ASM 25 was artificial all the way. About the ASM 25 anyone that bought it was crazy it was never going to be a 667 or 678 ever.

Everything I said is accurate. Explain why I'm wrong?
  • Posted: December 7, 2018 10:45:00 pm
  • I see a fellow member here finally sold his CGC graded 9.8 copy on Ebay back in October. I bet you're happy to be free of that boat anchor despite taking a loss on it.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Band of Bards's Coins Of Judas: Same Old Song And Dance Issue # 1
  • Titan Comics's Life Is Strange: Forget-Me-Not Issue # 2c
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - April Special Issue # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 9c