feature requests

King Arthur, Dracula, Thor, Dr. Strange, & … SpongeBob SquarePants? (Comic Book Forums)

• King Arthur, Dracula, Thor, Dr. Strange, & … SpongeBob SquarePants?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 11, 2018 10:26:01 pm
  • Enjoyed the blog. I don't think I had any of the original What If's (nor do I now), but had a couple of the second series in my original collection. This new one coming out looks interesting enough for sure. It is a "maybe" at the moment, but I know my curiosity may eventually get the best of me and want to nab that one haha.
    As far as the digital comics, to be honest, I haven't checked any out yet. I am still old school and love the feel of the pages and even the smell of the old books. It sounds as if you got quite the bargain on those issues though. Another thing that my curiosity is going to get the best of me on, and will have to check out some digital comics.
    Big Thor fan here too, and I don't have that particular issue, so thanks for that too.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 11, 2018 11:46:40 pm
  • Congratulations on the top 75 award! Applause
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 12, 2018 7:28:39 am
  • Spector, I love the look, touch, and smell of paper comics too, but digital is a great way to go when you want more than you can really afford and to save space. They read well on my 10 inch tablet.

Atom, thank you!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: October 12, 2018 7:45:33 am
  • Spector said:

As far as the digital comics, to be honest, I haven't checked any out yet. I am still old school and love the feel of the pages and even the smell of the old books.

I'm with you there, reading comics on a screen just doesn't feel right to me.

BUT. . .

Digital is the way to go in order to read comics WAY out of my price range. That's definitely the best use for digital comics I've found. I'm not going to be able to afford the first appearance of Wolverine or some of the WWII Superman stories (for example), but if I just want to read the comics without having to shell out mighty bucks for them, I can do it online for cheap.

Last edited October 12, 2018 7:47:58 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 12, 2018 1:57:57 pm
  • I will second that congrats on the top 75!
    I definitely see the practicality of digital comics. Good call (atom) on getting to read books that are beyond reach due to pricing. Also a good alternative to having to buy collected works, omnibus, etc to get a particular story.
    Ok, so I passed by the lcs today and had the What if in my hands. I put it back for now, and opted for the other what if (peter parker became the punisher). The what if's weren't really on my radar before reading your blog, so big thanks on that.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 22, 2018 3:23:00 pm
  • Congratulations on the very well deserved top 75 Award. Should be Top Ten but what do they know?
    I loved your comic on millions of readers. Reminded my of a comment by Stan Lee, writing in "Not Brand Ecch" back in the day, something about millions of admirers (I think it was a version of Daredevil thinking), and then the editors footnote below
    *Roger Millions of some place in New Jersey! LOL
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 22, 2018 3:32:52 pm
  • Thanks, Tenzil, I truly appreciate your kind words!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2b
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6d
  • Yen Press's Trinity Seven: Revision Soft Cover # 1
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's U & I  Issue # 3c