feature requests

Stan Lee Breaks His Silence (Comic Book Forums)

• Stan Lee Breaks His Silence

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 7:12:03 am
  • wow, that is really sad.. never understood how people can be so desensitized to do such things.
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 3:44:17 pm
  • "Strangest of all, perhaps, was the news that Lee’s blood had apparently been stolen by an ex-business partner and used to sign copies of Black Panther comics, which were then hawked at a considerable markup."

This whole thing is so sad, but yes, that bit is most certainly the "strangest of all."
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 4:08:14 pm
  • Stan doesn't have much time left. I will be surprised if he makes it another year. He didn't even sound like himself in that article interview.

Makes me shake my head every time I had to read Stan's 67 year old daughter respond throughout the interview. Sounds like she's the real problem here. Living a spoiled life and being selfish and controlling. Qualities that only lead to trouble.

Does your father take care of you financially?
    J.C.: Absolutely.

Last edited October 9, 2018 4:09:36 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 7:07:09 pm
  • It is sickening to know that this happens to anyone, let alone the elderly, but for 's sake... Stan Lee? Karma is a .
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 6:48:04 am
  • What's happening to Stan the Man is a shame.

The whole thing about comics being signed with Stan's stolen blood fascinates me in a sort of sick way. Have any of these comics come onto the market? What is something like that worth? How is that even authenticated? Would the owners or mods of CBR approve putting them in the database or not? So many questions .

Don't get me wrong. . .I wouldn't have one in my collection. It's just an extremely weird part of the story that there's not much information on.

ShockedShockedShockedShocked

Got curious and checked ebay. There's a comic claiming to be one of those signed with "Stan Lee Solvent DNA Ink" going for $3,700.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rise-Of-The-Black-Panther-1-Stan-Lee-Solvent-DNA-Blue-Ink-RARE-Signed-W-COA-/183226524763?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001

Last edited October 10, 2018 7:04:57 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 9:20:53 am
  • When reading that article about Stan, I still had this feeling that his daughter (JC) is a big part of his problems. Seeing her name on the COA for that Black Panther book signed with Stans DNA confirms it.
    I hope he has a seperate will that she hasn't got her hands on and he screws her over big time.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 10, 2018 10:55:18 am
  • I also read that article and found a lot of it very odd. The daughter sounds about as shady as possible. I just hope our Legend, Stan Lee is comfortable. Such a shame what money does to people. I hate greed!!
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 11:53:05 pm
  • Canuck said:
    When reading that article about Stan, I still had this feeling that his daughter (JC) is a big part of his problems. Seeing her name on the COA for that Black Panther book signed with Stans DNA confirms it.

Oh , I didn't even notice that there was a pic of the COA on that link. The sketchy-ness level of her part of that interview just went up about 6 notches now that I've seen her name on that.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 11, 2018 11:10:12 am
  • That was such a surreal interview. It almost feels like Stan isn't even remotely there, but then he has those bursts of lucidity. Honestly just really sad.
  • Posted: November 4, 2018 8:55:40 pm
  • What a sad interview. It all boils down to greed and obtaining some of Stan Lee's wealth. Whether it's been people hired to 'look-out' for Stan and his interests, or his daughter, in a perfect world, this should never happen. Unfortunately, seniors get taken advantage of, and mistreated too often, and it just gets more and more ugly, the more money is involved. All of the previous interviews I've read with Stan have been rather happy and jolly, this interview is quite the opposite. I honestly hope that Stan is happy. Who really knows the truth with everything that's happened. Not knowing..I can only hope for the best with him. Lastly, if he was really that..devious, or unprofessional in regards to Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby, perhaps this is karma coming back to bite him in the ?
  • Posted: November 7, 2018 12:49:21 am
  • Yoshi2001 said:
    All of the previous interviews I've read with Stan have been rather happy and jolly, this interview is quite the opposite.

You hit it there. I know there's controversy over some of Stan Lee's actions in the past, but he has ALWAYS been like the P.T. Barnum of comic books. . .always positive and promoting the industry, even calling DC the "Distinguished Competition". He's always had that joyful nature about comics and it's really sad to see that diminished.

Say what you will about Stan The Man, but I feel like a piece of my comic fandom will be lost forever when he passes on. I get sad just thinking about a world without Stan Lee in it.

Last edited November 7, 2018 12:50:18 am
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menace  Issue # 2
  • Viz Media's Steel of the Celestial Shadows Soft Cover # 2
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 11b