feature requests

Stan Lee Breaks His Silence (Comic Book Forums)

• Stan Lee Breaks His Silence

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 7:12:03 am
  • wow, that is really sad.. never understood how people can be so desensitized to do such things.
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 3:44:17 pm
  • "Strangest of all, perhaps, was the news that Lee’s blood had apparently been stolen by an ex-business partner and used to sign copies of Black Panther comics, which were then hawked at a considerable markup."

This whole thing is so sad, but yes, that bit is most certainly the "strangest of all."
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 4:08:14 pm
  • Stan doesn't have much time left. I will be surprised if he makes it another year. He didn't even sound like himself in that article interview.

Makes me shake my head every time I had to read Stan's 67 year old daughter respond throughout the interview. Sounds like she's the real problem here. Living a spoiled life and being selfish and controlling. Qualities that only lead to trouble.

Does your father take care of you financially?
    J.C.: Absolutely.

Last edited October 9, 2018 4:09:36 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 7:07:09 pm
  • It is sickening to know that this happens to anyone, let alone the elderly, but for God's sake... Stan Lee? Karma is a bitch.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 9:20:53 am
  • When reading that article about Stan, I still had this feeling that his daughter (JC) is a big part of his problems. Seeing her name on the COA for that Black Panther book signed with Stans DNA confirms it.
    I hope he has a seperate will that she hasn't got her hands on and he screws her over big time.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 10, 2018 10:55:18 am
  • I also read that article and found a lot of it very odd. The daughter sounds about as shady as possible. I just hope our Legend, Stan Lee is comfortable. Such a shame what money does to people. I hate greed!!
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 11:53:05 pm
  • Canuck said:
    When reading that article about Stan, I still had this feeling that his daughter (JC) is a big part of his problems. Seeing her name on the COA for that Black Panther book signed with Stans DNA confirms it.

Oh hell, I didn't even notice that there was a pic of the COA on that link. The sketchy-ness level of her part of that interview just went up about 6 notches now that I've seen her name on that.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 11, 2018 11:10:12 am
  • That was such a surreal interview. It almost feels like Stan isn't even remotely there, but then he has those bursts of lucidity. Honestly just really sad.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 48 years, 15 days, 16 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman Issue # 57
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Generation Witch Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Shuri Issue # 1d
  • Scout Comics's The Source Issue # 1