feature requests

Martial Arts Mayhem at Cool Comics! (Comic Book Forums)

• Martial Arts Mayhem at Cool Comics!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 9, 2018 3:57:08 am
  • While Martial Arts types were never my favorites I did enjoy many Shang-Chi issues, and any LSH stories are good by me (obviously), so thanks for the walk down memory lane.
    Regarding your fight, as much as I really like Shang-Chi I have to go with the 31st Century marvel, Val Armorr, the one and only Karate Kid. I mean he beat Superboy in his first appearance, so how good is that?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 9, 2018 2:49:12 pm
  • Tenzil said:
    ...as much as I really like Shang-Chi I have to go with the 31st Century marvel, Val Armorr, the one and only Karate Kid. I mean he beat Superboy in his first appearance, so how good is that?

My all time favorite Karate Kid story was from Superboy and LSH #210. It was a very good addition to his backstory plus Mike Grell made him look like Bruce Lee.
  • Posted: September 9, 2018 4:13:18 pm
  • Tenzil, I think you're probably right on your call of Karate Kid winning, but if we ever got to see the fight take place, we'd all be winners!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at http://www.edgosney.com/
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 2:06:25 am
  • Thanks for posting that, Mr. Han. I haven't read that comic in over 40 years and had quite forgotten about it. I'll have to drag it out and have a read!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 8:33:35 am
  • Tenzil said:
    Thanks for posting that, Mr. Han. I haven't read that comic in over 40 years and had quite forgotten about it. I'll have to drag it out and have a read!

Just in case you don't want to go through your heavy boxes here's a panel of the comic I found online.

Last edited September 10, 2018 8:40:43 am
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 10:34:09 am
  • The Badger would wipe the floor with all of them. Shame on you
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 10:45:27 am
  • I don't currently own any Badger comics, or I would have definitely had him in the blog that week!
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 11:04:15 am
  • edgos2 said:
    I don't currently own any Badger comics, or I would have definitely had him in the blog that week!

Haha nice. Ahh I'm just messing around, I'm sure Badger would not fair well against most of the guys you had in your blog. I like him because when I was a kid it's what I had for comics, I don't even know where I got them but I loved them. He was basically Ace Ventura with martial arts skills and split personalities lol. I'm planning on finding back issues at some point, they're not worth anything but I would like to have them for nostalgia purposes.

Last edited September 10, 2018 1:44:16 pm
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 2:06:52 pm
  • MacheteF7 said:
    edgos2 said:
    I like him because when I was a kid it's what I had for comics, I don't even know where I got them but I loved them. ...they're not worth anything but I would like to have them for nostalgia purposes.

Actually, one of the best reasons for trying to acquire anything. Very Happy
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 2:20:47 pm
  • Nothing takes you back in time like the comic books of your youth.
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 7:53:19 pm
  • No Richard Dragon love out there? Probably the only one I owned as a kid, aside from a couple Sang Chi's and Iron Fists.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: September 11, 2018 9:45:38 am
  • Looks like I'm going to have to find some back issues of other characters and do Martial Arts Mayhem, part 2!
  • Posted: September 14, 2018 10:08:42 am
  • edgos2 said:
    Looks like I'm going to have to find some back issues of other characters and do Martial Arts Mayhem, part 2!

Marvel released the Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus series a couple of years ago. I think there are 4 volumes.
  • Posted: September 14, 2018 8:22:54 pm
  • I have one of the Master of Kung Fu digital collections, and I found a Brave and the Bold issue I have with Richard Dragon! So maybe in a few months I'll do a part 2.
  • Posted: September 15, 2018 11:52:20 pm
  • edgos2 said:
    I have one of the Master of Kung Fu digital collections, and I found a Brave and the Bold issue I have with Richard Dragon! So maybe in a few months I'll do a part 2.

Now that sounds interesting. I hadn't researched Richard Dragon beyond his initial series. Had no clue he crossed into any other books. I may have to check into that issue sometime. Thanks!
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 47 years, 248 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Amerotica's  Llisica Soft Cover # 1
  • Aspen Entertainment's Fathom Issue # 1planet awe-b
  • IDW Publishing's G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Issue # 256ri
  • Valiant Entertainment's Quantum & Woody Issue # 10