feature requests

Any CGC Members here? (Comic Book Forums)

• Any CGC Members here?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 25, 2018 9:22:24 am
  • I am thinking about getting some of the CBR ASM #1 Variants slabbed. I am just not familiar with the process. For instance it appears I need a minimum of an Associate level. I am wondering about the Premium level. It has bigger discounts and also a $150 credit. But then it says the credit isn't for service and handling fees.

Their entire "pricing" page says services. So what is the $150 credit for? Is it for slabbing say 5 books, or because that is on the "services" page it is for something else?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 25, 2018 11:23:21 am
  • Nope, they are not.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 25, 2018 11:27:53 am
  • I think its a good idea to have your high dollar comics books graded. BUT CGC seems to grade comics inaccurately at times or not consistently. For instance giving a scarce, highly sought after comic a higher Grade higher than it should get.

I also wonder about older comics that are enslaved for years to its own micro environment. Does the slabbing accelerate the pages to age or yellow? Maybe a study has been done.

I wonder if regrading is suggested after a certain number of years after slabbing.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - superhero
  • DC Comics's Green Lantern: War Journal Issue # 8b
  • Marvel Comics's The Incredible Hulk Issue # 11b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 87b