feature requests

Which Do You Like Best: Cool Covers, Characters, or Creators? (Comic Book Forums)

• Which Do You Like Best: Cool Covers, Characters, or Creators?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 14, 2018 4:22:51 pm
  • Awesome read as always Very Happy

For me it goes..Doom covers, then awesome covers....so Characters #1, Cool Covers #2 (of the choices). I really like some creators, but it Never determines what i read or what i like.

I have a follow up question for you though...and I'm hoping this has never been asked by anyone because its a hard one to answer lol...

While looking through a $0.50 bin...How do you determine which comics you are grabbing? (and Yes I know every dive will be different, but there are typically guidelines you give yourself to go by)

Last edited June 14, 2018 4:23:53 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: June 14, 2018 4:55:20 pm
  • For me, it's hard to separate character from creator. Even if I initially like the character, if the story and art are both bad, I will lose interest quickly.

I do have favorite characters, but I can definitely be entertained even if I don't care about a certain character/book if the story pulls me in.

The best of both worlds is a great writer/artist team weaving a tale about a character I love.

I like cool covers, but they aren't make or break for me.
  • Posted: June 14, 2018 11:43:17 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    Awesome read as always Very Happy

I have a follow up question for you though...and I'm hoping this has never been asked by anyone because its a hard one to answer lol...

While looking through a $0.50 bin...How do you determine which comics you are grabbing? (and Yes I know every dive will be different, but there are typically guidelines you give yourself to go by)

I always try to find one shots or complete mini's if I can as my first priority. Second, I try to find missing issues in mini's or series that I already have. Third, I look for awesome covers or strange things I've never seen before (picked up some Japanese Spawn issues not long ago. Can't read a word, but they're interesting to me).

Last edited June 14, 2018 11:44:49 pm
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: June 15, 2018 7:42:16 am
  • AmZoMBiE, when I'm looking in discount boxes (and I'm fortunate, because my local LCS tends to have around 5 quarter boxes going at a time, with one or two 50 cent boxes), I try to be open minded about what would be good issues to put in my blog, especially when I find comics that are from the Seventies or Eighties. Currently, I'm trying to get a lot of Valiant comics, as I'm having fun exploring that company. Also, I didn't get in on early DC Rebirth titles, so I get those when I find them (I picked up 7 Batgirl issues and 4 New Super-Man issues recently for a quarter each). And when I can find Seventies Marvels that I know I don't have, I always buy them. Thanks for asking!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: June 15, 2018 8:25:54 am
  • edgos2 said:
    (I picked up 7 Batgirl issues and 4 New Super-Man issues recently for a quarter each).

In my humble opinion, New Super-Man was one of the best things to come out of Rebirth. Shame it ended already. Sad

On the bright side. . .at just 24 issues, it's an easy run to collect AND the perfect size for a Longbox Junk entry!

Last edited June 15, 2018 8:26:44 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 38b
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 169
  • Viking Books For Young Readers's Shark Princess Hard Cover # 1
  • IDW Publishing's Star Wars Adventures: Ghosts of Vader's Castle Issue # 1online