feature requests

Which Do You Like Best: Cool Covers, Characters, or Creators? (Comic Book Forums)

ComicBookRealm.com's Exclusive Amazing Spider-Man #1 is here! - Get it Now!

Our latest exclusive cover has been on the bucketlist since day one. The stars aligned and we are pleased to offer it to you. Please consider getting one to help continue funding ComicBookRealm.com and keeping it going for years to come!  Buy Now!

Author Which Do You Like Best: Cool Covers, Characters, or Creators?
Posted: June 14, 2018 11:14:31 am
Episode 142 of Cool Comics!

http://edgosney.com/2018/06/14/which-do-you-like-best-cool-covers-characters-or-creators/
See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at http://www.edgosney.com/
Posted: June 14, 2018 4:22:51 pm
Awesome read as always Very Happy

For me it goes..Doom covers, then awesome covers....so Characters #1, Cool Covers #2 (of the choices). I really like some creators, but it Never determines what i read or what i like.

I have a follow up question for you though...and I'm hoping this has never been asked by anyone because its a hard one to answer lol...

While looking through a $0.50 bin...How do you determine which comics you are grabbing? (and Yes I know every dive will be different, but there are typically guidelines you give yourself to go by)

Last edited June 14, 2018 4:23:53 pm
Is it true what I've heard, Benjamin? That when Johnny Storm died -- valiantly facing an endless army... Is it true that you -- surrounded by crying children -- weeping at the inevitable death of your close comrade and friend... Is it true? Is it true that you just...watched? How very brave.
~ Doctor Doom ~

Posted: June 14, 2018 4:55:20 pm
For me, it's hard to separate character from creator. Even if I initially like the character, if the story and art are both bad, I will lose interest quickly.

I do have favorite characters, but I can definitely be entertained even if I don't care about a certain character/book if the story pulls me in.

The best of both worlds is a great writer/artist team weaving a tale about a character I love.

I like cool covers, but they aren't make or break for me.
I'm the best there is at what I do. And what I do best is buy/sell comics.
Posted: June 14, 2018 11:43:17 pm
AmZoMBiE said:
Awesome read as always Very Happy

I have a follow up question for you though...and I'm hoping this has never been asked by anyone because its a hard one to answer lol...

While looking through a $0.50 bin...How do you determine which comics you are grabbing? (and Yes I know every dive will be different, but there are typically guidelines you give yourself to go by)

I always try to find one shots or complete mini's if I can as my first priority. Second, I try to find missing issues in mini's or series that I already have. Third, I look for awesome covers or strange things I've never seen before (picked up some Japanese Spawn issues not long ago. Can't read a word, but they're interesting to me).

Last edited June 14, 2018 11:44:49 pm
Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
Posted: June 15, 2018 7:42:16 am
AmZoMBiE, when I'm looking in discount boxes (and I'm fortunate, because my local LCS tends to have around 5 quarter boxes going at a time, with one or two 50 cent boxes), I try to be open minded about what would be good issues to put in my blog, especially when I find comics that are from the Seventies or Eighties. Currently, I'm trying to get a lot of Valiant comics, as I'm having fun exploring that company. Also, I didn't get in on early DC Rebirth titles, so I get those when I find them (I picked up 7 Batgirl issues and 4 New Super-Man issues recently for a quarter each). And when I can find Seventies Marvels that I know I don't have, I always buy them. Thanks for asking!
See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at http://www.edgosney.com/
Posted: June 15, 2018 8:25:54 am
edgos2 said:
(I picked up 7 Batgirl issues and 4 New Super-Man issues recently for a quarter each).

In my humble opinion, New Super-Man was one of the best things to come out of Rebirth. Shame it ended already. Sad

On the bright side. . .at just 24 issues, it's an easy run to collect AND the perfect size for a Longbox Junk entry!

Last edited June 15, 2018 8:26:44 am
Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex

World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 46 years, 81 days, of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
CBR App on Android

ComicBookRealm.com Exclusive #1

Newest Covers
  • BOOM! Studios's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Issue # 28
  • Eisner Studios's The Spirit Weekly Issue # 273
  • Eternity's The Trouble with Girls Issue # 11
  • Marvel Comics's Tony Stark: Iron Man Issue # 1s
Cool Statues
Recently Rated
Marvel Comics's The Avengers Issue # 17