feature requests

Favourite Character, Favourite Read! (Comic Book Forums)

• Favourite Character, Favourite Read!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 14, 2018 9:11:08 pm
  • MacheteF7 said:
    Spector said:
    Thank you Tenzil for resurrecting this thread.

*Ahem!*

Egads! My most humble apologies. I did see the latest comment by tenzil in which I noticed the thread...but MacheteF7 arrowed in Tenzil and in the end it all leads to Kevin Bacon Smile
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: September 14, 2018 11:05:28 pm
  • See that it doesn’t happen again Spector! You won’t like me when I’m angry... ;)

nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: September 17, 2018 2:23:00 am
  • The Main Man, Lobo has been my favourite character for a looong time now. Let's just forget about the New 52 abomination though...
    "In times like these it's good to remember that there has always been times like these..."
  • Posted: October 13, 2018 9:30:47 am
  • Really could pick more than one, but Top Favorite Comic charter would have to be Wolverine. Never took from no one and went at everything full force. OK yea aybe he didn't think everything thoguh, but that added to his character.

favorite read would have to be a split between Daredevil-Fall From Grace and Current run of Dark Knight III.
  • Posted: October 13, 2018 3:39:55 pm
  • My favorite character has always been the Hulk. I remember really liking #172 where they'd finally caught him. Juggernaut escapes a mystical realm and appears in the cage alongside Hulk. They both escape and then Juggernaut Hulk off and Hulk kicks his... defeats him.

All of the early Valiant, especially Solar #1-10.

The Star Seed storyline from Broadway Comics was poised to be my favorite story but the series was cancelled.

• Posted: October 13, 2018 6:57:57 pm
  • It'a tie between Daredevil # 158 - 180 & Giant Size X-men #1 - # 137. Both classic runs.
    JP Comics
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 2:58:09 am
  • Big Boss said, "All of the early Valiant, especially Solar #1-10.

The Star Seed storyline from Broadway Comics was poised to be my favorite story but the series was cancelled."

Amen!! I am happy to finally find someone else on here who feels the same way as I do about the first two years or so after the launch of Valiant. Right up until the point they decided they would be better off without Jim Shooter. All of the titles were great. The way they all built their shared universe together was great, and Solar #1-10 was something special to behold.

Star Seed was indeed very promising, as was Knights of Broadway, but alas both died (as series and companies) far too soon.

I also notice, reading above, that I was credited with resurrecting this thread. Never happened, though I was pleased to chime in.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 3:14:46 pm
  • I had all of the back issues of Valiant up until Mr. Shooter was ousted. Everything had solid art that facilitated the telling of the story. The continuity was tight. The characters were well defined in how they related to one another. After Shooter was ousted, Solar just flew around and blasted people. There was nothing deep and intellectual about it. The utopic society in Magnus turned into a dystopia. They changed everything that made the comics interesting and good. I held on a little bit because BWS still did great work. After he left, there was nothing to interest me.

At least the movie Hancock seemed to swipe from Broadway's Shadow State comic and had some visuals from Star Seed.
  • Posted: October 15, 2018 2:07:53 am
  • If you think about it the early run of Valiant in 1991-1992 defied all the odds. This was a well-written, well thought out, well planned brand new comic book universe at a time when every comic and every comic company out there was concentrating on huge biceps and and pin up artwork on every third page. I've read a lot of comics from a lot of comic book companies and Jim Shooter's Valiant start up was the best, in some ways even better than the early Marvel work. They started with a couple of 1960's characters they bought from Gold Key comics, sprinkled in six other original character titles, and made everything fit together so naturally and smoothly. And this was done at a time when Shooter was a pariah (for the first time) after being ousted from Marvel and almost nobody wanted to work for or with him, aside from a loyal group of friends and some others who had also been blacklisted. Only to have it all end when some of his supposed friends went all Et tu Brute on his back. Then he went on to start Defiant and Broadway comics with some excellent storytelling there as well. *sigh*
    Tenzil
29 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Monica Rambeau: Photon TPB # 1
  • DC Comics's Power Girl Issue # 7g
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's The Madness TPB # 1