feature requests

Cool Comics Celebrates Superman! (Comic Book Forums)

• Cool Comics Celebrates Superman!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 19, 2018 10:53:31 am
  • I picked up my Action Comics #1000 yesterday but won't have time to read it until this weekend. I have to say Dan Jurgens run since Rebirth has been one of the best on this title in a long time. I'm a little disappointed that Bendis will be replacing him and I still don't understand why DC has decided to reboot with another Superman #1, when the current title is doing so well. One thing I'd like to ask others out there is which of the covers for issue #1000 did you think was the best? I got the Jim Lee cover just because it's what they put in my subscription–I didn't check until I got home. I normally don't like variant covers but am really drawn to the one by Steve Rude and might have to get a copy.

Last edited April 19, 2018 10:54:35 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 19, 2018 10:58:49 am
  • Rapha1978, I just recently picked up Action Comics again, starting with issue 995, and have been enjoying it. As we know, change is a frequent visitor in the world of comics, even when things seem to be going well. I got the standard cover, myself.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: April 20, 2018 2:13:45 am
  • Superman was never my favorite character but I have total respect for him, what he stands for, what he means to so many people, and how he was the true start to all the great comic book related stories in their various forms we have enjoyed since. Personally I was more a fan of characters like Matter-Eater-Lad and Ferro Lad then big blue. I like the fact you included an issue of FF in your blog - what a great find!! Reminds me that not all of the younger readers may know that Stan and Jack introduced the world to Black Bolt and the Inhumans royal family, Attilan, the Silver Surfer, Galactus and the Black Panther in a span of about eight months, all in issues of the FF. And they were writing and drawing several other titles at the same time. Amazing.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 20, 2018 7:30:15 am
  • Tenzil, when I started reading comics in the Seventies, I wasn't a fan of Superman. I saw the first Christopher Reeves Superman movie with my father, and that was a bonding moment. But I never bought Superman comics until my father got me the black bagged death of Superman issue in 1992. I started buying from a comic shop, and my father had me buy Superman titles for him until he passed away in 2001. It's just recently, in thinking about my father, that I've come to appreciate the character even more.

Stan and Jack did so much for the industry, period. Some argue one way about who created what, and some the other, but together they shaped the Marvel Universe as we know it today. And for many of us, they helped shape our childhoods.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • No Sleep's Babylon Working Issue # 3
  • Scout Comics's Sudden Death Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 254facsimile-b
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 3