feature requests

My first CGC comic... cracked case? (Comic Book Forums)

• My first CGC comic... cracked case?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 25, 2018 3:16:57 pm
  • So I bought my first CGC graded comic on ebay. A Wolverine #1 graded at 9.4. So I just got it, opened up up the box and the thing has one corner where the case is clearly cracked heavily (both sides with an almost inch long crack) and 2 other corners where it also had what looks like small stress cracks. I googled this and it looks like this seller sent me a tampered with comic? It also looks like the thing had moisture under the case right in the middle of the comics cover. Other then that the comic itself looks like its in great condition. This is pretty bad right? Any advice?
  • Posted: March 25, 2018 3:56:21 pm
  • Just because the outer case was cracked doesn't mean the comic was tampered with. If the inner sleeve wasn't opened, you are ok.

You can get it reholdered for $12-15 plus shipping both ways. The seller should offer a refund or pay for the cracked case if it was not disclosed before you bought it.

• Posted: March 25, 2018 5:20:28 pm
  • And be aware that if the corner of the comic has even slight damage it will probably drop the CGC grade.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Unicorn Comics's From Tolkien to Oz: The Art of Greg Hildebrandt Hard Cover nn
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2btc
  • Oni Press's Nacelleverse Issue # 0 - 2nd printing
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 255facsimile-b