feature requests

My letter to Marvel after reading Black Panther Annual 1 (Comic Book Forums)

• My letter to Marvel after reading Black Panther Annual 1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 6, 2018 3:31:34 pm
  • Man, you sure have a hate-on for Mr. Ta Nehisi Coates writing ability on Black Panther. I hope you're not reading current Captain America too, as he has signed on as the new writer starting in the Summer.
  • Posted: March 6, 2018 4:46:17 pm
  • I generally wouldn’t waste my money on new comics, either way we will all realize this eventually. I only buy new comics that I only plan on reading, and that is very few. Black panther today, something else tomorrow. Sooner or later people will see this. 5 th printings are planned before the first printing hits the store, What about Dr. Strange values from the last movie? Nothing..

So when are the collectors going to figure out there is only so much money in the total pool of collectors? By stretching the demand/financial limits, it renders other past books less valuable, due to total convolutional demand

Example: So when people fish for what ever movie is playing, they end up just chasing their tails, paying top dollar for a comic. Or how about those variants? That is going to be the biggest disappointment to collectors.
    When daredevil is at volume 19, what would your interest be of daredevil volume 13 issue 21 variant h going to be worth to you? It’s probably the same as it would be for most collectors, Nothing. What would be special about it? Nothing.

I remember telling people this back in 1991, that their comics will more than likely be worthless, because everyone is buying to get rich with multiple copies., They thought I was nuts to think that. What happened 5 years later? Comic crash. (The introduction of the game boy helped this process a little)
    The best advice is to buy comics from the copperage and older,

This is my wooden nickels worth lol

• Posted: March 12, 2018 5:06:40 pm
  • Mr.Grimm said:
    I generally wouldn’t waste my money on new comics, either way we will all realize this eventually. I only buy new comics that I only plan on reading, and that is very few. Black panther today, something else tomorrow. Sooner or later people will see this. 5 th printings are planned before the first printing hits the store, What about Dr. Strange values from the last movie? Nothing..

So when are the collectors going to figure out there is only so much money in the total pool of collectors? By stretching the demand/financial limits, it renders other past books less valuable, due to total convolutional demand

Example: So when people fish for what ever movie is playing, they end up just chasing their tails, paying top dollar for a comic. Or how about those variants? That is going to be the biggest disappointment to collectors.
    When daredevil is at volume 19, what would your interest be of daredevil volume 13 issue 21 variant h going to be worth to you? It’s probably the same as it would be for most collectors, Nothing. What would be special about it? Nothing.

I remember telling people this back in 1991, that their comics will more than likely be worthless, because everyone is buying to get rich with multiple copies., They thought I was nuts to think that. What happened 5 years later? Comic crash. (The introduction of the game boy helped this process a little)
    The best advice is to buy comics from the copperage and older,

This is my wooden nickels worth lol

I agree. Even if you have some amazingly interesting character published in comics next month, It's immersed in a sea of modern and soon to be irrelevant garbage.

Last edited March 12, 2018 5:07:20 pm
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 3h
  • Studio Brie Comix's The Clique Special # 1
  • Vertical's Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Soft Cover # 7
  • Marvel Comics's X-Force Issue # 50b