feature requests

Website has a Cryptocurrency miner in it? (Comic Book Forums)

• Website has a Cryptocurrency miner in it?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 10, 2018 8:43:47 pm
  • Speak to the handNot talkingShame on you

Why is there a Cryptocurrency miner setup on your site?
    Your site also fails almost all security tests.

Are you aware of this? And if not do you plan to fix it?

:Brick wall
  • Posted: January 10, 2018 9:21:40 pm
  • Eseldorf said:
    Speak to the handNot talkingShame on you

Why is there a Cryptocurrency miner setup on your site?
    Your site also fails almost all security tests.

Are you aware of this? And if not do you plan to fix it?

:Brick wall

What do you mean fails almost all security tests? And read this: https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/2/29778/an-alternative-to-ads
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 10, 2018 9:39:54 pm
  • Well I do not use Facebook to access this site. Should be very obvious on the front page. That's the shady bit.

Should be an opt in instead of an opt out.

And to use 100% of my 12 Core CPU is a bit greedy to boot.

Run your site through any one of the hundreds of website scanning security tools and see that the site rates at an F.

That's not a good grade by the way.

With all that out of my system I would like to say I have been using the site for sometime and had enjoyed it. I appreciate the option to opt out because it gives me a moment to think about this.

Thanks for filling me in, later days.

• Posted: January 10, 2018 10:14:48 pm
  • It uses 70% I believe...not 100%.

I just ran scans using scuri, quttera, upguard, and am currently running detectify. None of them found a single issue (so we will call that an A).

These were 4 of the hundreds of scanning tools you mention. Maybe some of your 96 are finding something different? Please feel free to let us know which tools you are using that provide a different answer...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 16, 2018 1:38:53 am
  • And NOW I finally figured out why the site freezes and kicks me back to the home screen when I sign in on my Xbox instead of a regular computer. Opted out and the problem went away. Sorry CBR. . .I don't mind the idea of the currency miner, but I can't tweak the security setting on my Xbox to let it through.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Virginia Mason Franciscan Health / Seatt's Bobby Wagner: FAST54 Issue # 1
  • Sofawolf Press's In the Doghouse of Justice Issue nn
  • Alien Books's Machine Girl & The Space Hell Engels Issue # 2
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 13