feature requests

Comic Wants for the New Year (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Wants for the New Year

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 1, 2018 3:46:52 pm
  • What comic is on the top of your want list for 2018?

The top of my want list is a copy of Amazing Spider-Man 3 or 6 in a CGC 8.0 condition.

• Posted: January 2, 2018 10:49:14 am
  • Joe are you talking about ASM vol.1,2,3, or 4? For me it's a Silver Surfer #1, vol.1, 1968

Last edited January 2, 2018 10:50:00 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 2, 2018 11:14:34 am
  • Volume 1. I am trying to upgrade the entire Ditko run from my low grade copies. I have a spare copy of Silver Surfer 1 for trade/sale Smile

• Posted: January 2, 2018 12:09:51 pm
  • That's awesome. Unfortunately I don't own any of those issues. My earliest ASM is #16 with Daredevil on the cover.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 2, 2018 2:32:14 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    That's awesome. Unfortunately I don't own any of those issues. My earliest ASM is #16 with Daredevil on the cover.

My earliest ASM, too. Very Happy
  • Posted: January 3, 2018 12:54:43 am
  • My biggest comic want for 2018 is for Tom King to move to another title so I can like Batman again. . .
    My second is for Dynamite to take another swing at a regular Lone Ranger title.

Last edited January 3, 2018 12:55:55 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: January 3, 2018 7:52:53 pm
  • My only wanted comic book this year has to be Werewolf By Night #32 (first Moon Knight). I've been looking for that one for a long tome and it keeps getting more expensive every year Crying or Very sad.
  • Posted: January 4, 2018 12:49:56 am
  • I see you meant particular issues. Sorry, I took the thread wrong.

I've been on the hunt through bargain bins over a few years for the full run of Timothy Truman's great "Scout" series and have managed to find them all but #14. 16, 19, and 23, so I guess those issues would be my Comic wants for 2018. Not valuable at all. Longbox Junk, but really good Longbox Junk.

I know, I know. . .the internet would make finding them easier. But there's just something about the hunt and the find that I like better.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: January 5, 2018 7:49:41 am
  • My want for this year is a nice copy of Predator #1 (1989) - 1st Print, but I want to find it in the wild, then I'll have the complete mini-series.

Other than that, I'm still working on completing the 17 issue Terminator series from NOW comics, only at 4 of 17 right now.

Last edited January 5, 2018 7:51:27 am
  • Posted: January 5, 2018 8:00:21 am
  • Another fan of good Longbox Junk on the hunt! Best of luck.
  • Posted: January 5, 2018 12:55:33 pm
  • atom said:
    Another fan of good Longbox Junk on the hunt! Best of luck.

The Terminator books are definitley fun to hunt down. I have 6 LCS within a 30 minute drive from home, and have still only found a handful of books at one of those shops.

Maybe for 2018 I should branch out more and get to some local/regional cons.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Massive Publishing's Crashdown Issue # 2i
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's How Heavy are the Dumbbells You Lift?  Soft Cover # 14
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Wonder Man: The Saga of Simon Williams TPB # 1