feature requests

Comic Book Wishes & Superhero Dreams! (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Book Wishes & Superhero Dreams!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 28, 2017 12:42:54 pm
  • For 2018, I'm just hoping that the buildup to Action Comics #1000 doesn't let me down. I've been waiting over a decade for it. When New52 happened I didn't think we would see original numbering return. Also just wishing that comics in general go back to great storytelling, focus more on continuity, and less on gimmick covers.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 28, 2017 12:56:52 pm
  • Great wishes for 2018, Rapha1978! I'm not a regular reader of Action Comics, but I just added #999 to my pull list from the new Previews, and look forward to seeing what they do with 1000. My father was a one time owner of Action Comics #1.

Last edited December 28, 2017 12:56:59 pm
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: December 29, 2017 2:57:08 am
  • Better writing, more focus on story, don't be afraid to kill off a main character or two, lower prices, more fans engaged, a return of Jim Shooter to writing a monthly comic somewhere!
    Happy New Year Ed, and keep these blogs coming!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: December 29, 2017 6:59:12 am
  • Tenzil, I like your list of wishes! Lowering prices would be nice, but probably not going to happen. Thanks for reading!

Last edited December 29, 2017 10:26:13 am
  • Posted: December 29, 2017 10:12:34 am
  • edgos2 said:
    Tenzil, I like your list of wishes! I just picked up some of Shooter's Dreadstar issues that were published with First Comics for less than a quarter each. Lowering prices would be nice, but probably not going to happen. Thanks for reading!

Are you thinking Jim Starlin? To my knowledge, Jim Shooter never wrote for first comics nor did he write Dreadstar.
  • Posted: December 29, 2017 10:24:31 am
  • Tenzil said:
    Better writing, more focus on story, don't be afraid to kill off a main character or two, lower prices, more fans engaged, a return of Jim Shooter to writing a monthly comic somewhere!
    Happy New Year Ed, and keep these blogs coming!

Jim is supposedly a consultant on an Image series titled "Slow City Blues" to be released in 2018 from someone named Sam Wood. It's to be a 10 issue series. Jim may write as many as 4 stories. Frank Miller is on board to do a cover. Neal Adams may do a cover Jim Steranko is even a maybe.

Last edited April 14, 2018 9:34:38 pm
  • Posted: December 29, 2017 10:28:36 am
  • Big Boss, thanks for the correction! I hadn't had my first cup of morning coffee yet, and misread, so I deleted that sentence. I'm not too sharp that early without my coffee, so I appreciate you catching me in that mistake. If I had no prizes to give away, yours would be in the mail.

Last edited January 1, 2018 10:18:54 pm
  • Posted: January 1, 2018 10:02:27 am
  • No problem. It's silly that two people would be called Jim anyway. Surprised
  • Posted: January 8, 2018 4:14:46 am
  • I know this won't be a popular opinion, but my Comic Book Wish would be for great storytelling and an enjoyable reading experience similar to the days when Jim Shooter was EIC at Marvel (excluding the 2-issue rule, of course).
17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26e
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7b
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 501b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 6b