feature requests

Marvel Legacy Re Numbering?? (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Legacy Re- Numbering??

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 26, 2017 11:56:52 pm
  • I think it should be listed just like it is in the indicia. That applies to everything that has an indicia. Marvel can't go back and fix their numbering and claim that the numbering is now different than what they published. It does seem like every comic needs to have an available hyperlink to a book length explanation of what the publishers are/were/will be trying to do.
  • Posted: December 27, 2017 2:49:08 am
  • You have the DC Rebirth renumbered issues in with the original volumes, so I think the Marvel renumbered titles should probably be the same.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: December 27, 2017 12:53:57 pm
  • Big Boss, we try to list it by the indicia, but since Marvel doesn't have a clue as what they are doing, they don't list volumes anymore in the indicia, we add the vol. so we can keep track of the different series....that's why with the legacy numbering I propose we list them back to vol. 1.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 27, 2017 6:17:39 pm
  • I was putting together cover galleries and I'd identify them as 1st series, 2nd series and so on if there was no volume in the indicia. Between that and the year, it always seemed evident which comic fell into which series. I'm not affected though. I quit buying most of Marvel's products in 2000. I'm just old school and feel that the indicia is the law. In the 50's-70's, some comics might change a title in the indicia with one word. If I was listing them, I'd still go by the indicia even if it's the same overall series.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Predator: The Last Hunt Issue # 2b
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks Magazine: Scream Soft Cover # 5
  • Udon Entertainment's Street Fighter: Masters - Akuma vs Ryu Issue # 1c
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths: Trouble in Tijuana Issue # 1