feature requests

Great site! (Comic Book Forums)

• Great site!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 7:09:41 am
  • I decided to organize my collection from my youth and get a sense of it's value and this site is just awesome.

I colled in the early to late 80's, read once or twice and then bagged them and put them in long boxes so they are all mint. I'm suprised at what seems to have value and what doesn't, but thats part of the fun.

My collection isn't huge at 212 comics but apparently has a retail value of around $2500 Canadian. Any idea of what someone can actually expect percentage wise of a comics value?

I do have some early books from the silver age as well.

Last edited December 15, 2017 7:10:26 am
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 10:16:19 am
  • Kurt, don't expect to get $2500 for your collection if you decide to sell. The prices here are just a guide. Welcome to CBR either way!
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 10:24:06 am
  • Oh don't worry I don't but it's nice to get an idea of value.
    Thanks!
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 10:28:34 am
  • I took a peek at your collection. You have some very nice Uncanny X-Men books. A few others too, but those stood out.
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 10:35:25 am
  • Thanks, X-men and Alpha Force were my main books to read. Since I was young and spending my allowance a buddy of mine and I would each buy comics and then share them which was great for the time but has left holes in my collection. Like the time he bought Boost Gold #1 and then I bought the next 6 or so... he still has that comic to this day as well. lol
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 1:27:38 pm
  • I decided to start selling the collection if anything you saw interested you let me know and I can scan it for you to see. Very Happy

brucifer said:
    I took a peek at your collection. You have some very nice Uncanny X-Men books. A few others too, but those stood out.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Detective Comics Issue # 1083c
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 11
  • Walking Carnival's Johnny Grav & The Visioneer Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Dark Droids TPB # 1