feature requests

Joe Quesada Asks for Help Recovering Stolen Artwork (Comic Book Forums)

• Joe Quesada Asks for Help Recovering Stolen Artwork

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 17, 2017 4:49:49 pm
  • Joe Quesada is looking for help recovering roughly 185 pieces of artwork stolen from his home last year. The art was subsequently resold at auction by a trusted friend, scattering valuable and personally important comics art across New York City and beyond. Quesada broke down the multi-year ordeal in a Facebook post last night.

Read more - http://www.cbr.com/joe-quesada-stolen-artwork/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 18, 2017 1:57:49 am
  • With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 19, 2017 2:15:51 pm
  • Something doesn't add up here or am I missing something.

Doesn't it take time to sell something at auction? Auctions take time to catalogue, organize and advertise so what kind of time frame are we talking about? If Joe found out pretty fast then how could the auction have occurred?

Finally, wouldn't the auction have a record of each sale?

I am , of course, assuming we are dealing with a reputable auction house and not some fly by night auction.

• Posted: October 19, 2017 2:40:10 pm
  • Serves him right. I’ll never forgive Quesada for ruining Spider-Man for me. But putting my personal opinion on the side I bet the pieces were sold on Ebay or Craigslist. The perp was a contractor, a handyman who probably didn’t really know much about comics. It sounds like he was looking for some extra cash after facing some health and financial issues. When people like that list items on Ebay, desperately needing some money, that’s when you get a good deal.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Floating World Comics's Earthman & Torch Issue # 1
  • GP Putnams Sons's Monkey King and the World of Myths TPB # 1
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 9
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Issue # 6