feature requests

Will Marvel Live Up to Legacy? (Comic Book Forums)

• Will Marvel Live Up to Legacy?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 12, 2017 3:24:55 pm
  • Haven’t picked up Legacy and don’t intend to so I’ll just take your word on it. At the comic shop I visit they were actually giving them away a few days after for 50% off cover price. I guess maybe they didn’t sell as many as they thought they were going to.

Also I’ve also got that same issue of ASM #344. Those were some fun Spidey years during Eric Larson’s run. I enjoyed every issue he worked on. Got to see him at Heroes Con this summer and he signed all of the ones from the Sinister Six storyline.

Last edited October 12, 2017 3:25:54 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 12, 2017 3:50:51 pm
  • Rapha1978, yes, I'm enjoying the Amazing Spider-Man comics from that time period. Glad I bought so many back issues back in the Nineties when I could get them pretty cheap.

Legacy definitely isn't for everyone, as I'm discovering in many different comic book Facebook groups I belong to. But I'm coming from a different vantage than the average collector today, since I've been away from getting new issues every week for a long number of years.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: October 13, 2017 2:33:33 am
  • I don't read any Marvel comics these days except for Captain America and Star Wars (along with Star Wars spinoffs Darth Vader and Doctor Aphra) so I'll stick with Cap. . .in for a penny in for a pound, as the saying goes. I'm interested in seeing how they can possibly bring this character back into good graces.

The only other "Legacy" title that looks interesting to me is Punisher. I've had a love/hate thing with Punisher for a long time. His titles ALWAYS start strong, but Marvel ALWAYS sends Punisher flying straight off the cliff eventually, so I drop it until the next version comes out. Seriously. . .Punisher has had ELEVEN volumes and I only have complete runs of two!

It's like after a certain point, they just don't know what to do with Punisher. But the solicits with him in the War Machine armor look pretty interesting and I'll give it a chance. But other than Punisher and Cap, I see nothing else in Legacy that would interest me. Maybe Falcon. . .I'm one of the few who actually liked Sam Wilson Captain America, so I might pick up the first issue of that and give it a shot.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 13, 2017 6:45:14 am
  • Atom, although I didn't read Secret Empire, I'm also interested in the Captain America book. I haven't read as much Punisher as you, but I bought several volumes at discounted prices via Amazon for my comiXology app, so I have lots of digital Punisher to read in the future. Thanks for reading!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - ckc-b
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 19b
  • Workman Publishing's There Are Dads Way Worse Than You: Unimpeachable Evidence of Your Excellence as a Father Hard Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Wonder Woman Issue # 8