feature requests

Has anyone tried to use ealtbay? (Comic Book Forums)

• Has anyone tried to use ealtbay?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 24, 2017 7:07:39 pm
  • I was looking for an Ebay Alt, and came across an http://www.ealtbay.com/site_fees.php.

The fees are 1.6%, which is the lowest of come across...I was trying https://www.webstore.com but some of my external links were vaped, and more than 3/4 of the times, images won't upload. "Support" seems to be of the lame sort, thus why I'm looking at alts.

It doesn't have a high ranking, and just doing a search for "comic book" brought up only 3 listings. They do include PayPal.

Thoughts on using this place for auctioning off mainly low-grade books?
    Wink
  • Posted: September 25, 2017 9:00:05 am
  • I have not heard of that site but why bother having an auction if no one is looking? You will be lucky to get a minimum bid. The reason to use ebay is that people are looking at the site.

If you were using buy it now and they don't have listing fees, it wouldn't hurt to try.

• Posted: September 25, 2017 12:46:31 pm
  • That is the trouble with getting traction. You have to get people to use it, but if you don't have sellers you don't have buyers. They really need to make it free for the first year (all around) to get mass and then roll out fees.

I go where the comics are and they are sold where I go, etc.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 25, 2017 12:49:30 pm
  • Also they haven't blogged in 4+ years and haven't tweeted in 2+ years.

I think they are dead.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 25, 2017 4:20:47 pm
  • Even if you list stuff at an alternate site, you aren't going to get what your comics are worth because not enough people are going to even see your listing. It's not enough to be listed. There has to be a steady flow of people who go there..
  • Posted: September 29, 2017 1:23:44 pm
  • TY, everyone, for the feedback.

Wow, dough boy! I didn't notice the lack of blogs and tweets.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Alan Scott: The Green Lantern Issue # 5d
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2e
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 18h
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Echoes TPB # 1