feature requests

Comics Code Authority Stamp Terminator Comics (Comic Book Forums)

• Comics Code Authority Stamp - Terminator Comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 12, 2017 9:47:25 am
  • Picked up a few more Terminator books yesterday. Does anyone know why only some issues have the "Approved by CCA" stamp and others don't? Based on quick research, only issues #8-#12 had the CCA stamp, but I can't figure out why.

• Posted: September 12, 2017 2:44:56 pm
  • Interesting catch. I remember NOW comics. They had some fun titles back then. I always thought they were sort of independent in the same way Dark Horse and Tundra were at the time. Most of the Independent publishers didn’t adhere to the code. My guess is that these were published at the time when most of the publishing companies began to phase out and abandon the Comics Code Authority.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 13, 2017 6:41:07 am
  • Thanks for the reply Rapha. I found a bit more information, apparently NOW comics was a late adopter of the CCA, and started using the stamp for comics released in Spring 1989. Which makes sense now since the issue #8 is from May 1989. I guess they dropped it shortly after.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1c
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 12
  • First Second Books's What Happens Next? TPB # 3