feature requests

Len Wein, Legendary Comics Writer and Editor, Dies at 69 (Comic Book Forums)

• Len Wein, Legendary Comics Writer and Editor, Dies at 69

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 10, 2017 9:23:58 pm
  • Crying or Very sad . RIP Crying or Very sad

Len Wein, the award-winning writer and editor, perhaps best known for co-creating Swamp Thing for DC Comics and Wolverine for Marvel Comics, along with editing Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ Watchmen, passed away Sunday, according to multiple industry reports including word of the news from fellow comics veteran Paul Kupperberg. He was 69 years old.

Wein got his start in comics in 1968 working on DC’s Teen Titans #18. His first Marvel work came in Daredevil #71 in 1970. From there, he continued writing anthology stories for both publishers, along with guest-spots on such titles as Superman and The Flash.

Together with Bernie Wrightson, they created the supernatural superhero Swamp Thing in 1971’s The House of Secrets #92. Swamp Thing would go on to star in various ongoing and miniseries that continue to this day. Wein also contributed to the Man-Thing mythos over at Marvel by introducing the concept of “Whoever Knows Fear Burns at the Man-Thing’s Touch.”

More - http://www.cbr.com/len-wein-wolverine-creator-dead/

Last edited September 10, 2017 9:24:32 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 10, 2017 9:39:02 pm
  • Crying or Very sad RIP Crying or Very sad
  • Posted: September 11, 2017 1:52:35 am
  • He died far too young. I remember enjoying so many comics he wrote and edited, so many . . . . . .
    And he created Wolverine, for crying out loud, one of the legendary, most-loved characters in all of comicdom's history. RIP good sir, and condolences to his family and friends. We mourn with you. Sad
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 11, 2017 12:41:29 pm
  • Another legendary creator gone before his time. Sad news indeed. RIP.
  • Posted: September 11, 2017 4:25:23 pm
  • He had heart surgery in 2015, so I'm guessing his death was heart related.
  • Posted: September 11, 2017 7:13:15 pm
  • When I was a kid I loved his run on JLA with Dillin and Giordano. They introduced me to the 7 Soldiers of Victory and the Freedom Fighters. Now they're all gone. Sad RIP
  • Posted: September 11, 2017 9:11:48 pm
  • Yeah, this guy was a true legend Applause , so many creations and a huge body of work and influenced so many creators over the years.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 12, 2017 6:48:17 am
  • Another piece of my childhood who is now gone, but never forgotten. He'll live on as long as fans remember his creations.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: September 13, 2017 1:38:13 am
  • Great story Logerine - thanks for the link!
    Tenzil
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Nightmares & Daydreams  Issue daydreams
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7f
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 468b
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's U & I  Issue # 3c