feature requests

Marvel Comics Said To Be Experiencing A Heap Of Trouble (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Comics Said To Be Experiencing A Heap Of Trouble

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 7, 2017 8:15:16 pm
  • While Marvel may certainly be dominating at the box office, it could be argued that things haven’t gone as well for them in recent years on the comic book side. To put it mildly, fans have become frustrated with the publisher’s decision to replace their favorite heroes with younger characters, the controversial move to make Captain America an agent of Hydra, and the massive dump that the House of Ideas has taken on its “first family,” the Fantastic Four.
    According to a Marvel intern who’s now voiced his concerns and is operating under the name of “The Whisperer,” the situation is becoming pretty dire. Not surprisingly, there’s a push by Marvel big wigs to get back to meat and potatoes as it were, but they risk putting themselves on a slippery slope by casting aside diversity characters.

Read More Here - http://wegotthiscovered.com/comicbooks/marvel-comics-experiencing-heap-trouble/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 8, 2017 2:51:11 am
  • SECRET RECORDING OF MARVEL EXECUTIVE MEETING, CIRCA 2010. . .

EXEC #1: I had an idea last night. Let's shift our focus to a SMALLER fan base and forget about the majority of our loyal customers. Thoughts?
    EXEC #2: Well. . .
    EXEC #3: Err. . .
    EXEC #1: Great! LET'S DO THIS!

Last edited September 8, 2017 2:52:45 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: September 8, 2017 10:32:52 am
  • One thing that seems to not get mentioned much is that a lot of the stories are too long and not good. You essentially get 1-2 silver age comics worth of information spread out in 6 issues now so it will fit in a trade. You know what else will fit in a trade? 6 really good stories.

When I go back and read an Amazing Spider-Man from the silver age it's just so refreshing to read a STORY that has comic book elements (i.e. villains talking in third-person, banter while fighting, powers getting explained out loud to an enemy...) instead of today's ASM which seems to be comic book elements first and then a loosely strung together story that goes on too long.

I can't read any Marvel/DC superhero books anymore. All the other stuff like renumbering, re-branding ... it's silly but I'd still read it if it were good. I"ll just stick to indies from now on.

• Posted: September 8, 2017 11:26:05 am
  • Marvel has to figure out that their comic book fans are not exactly the same as their movie/TV fans. Feel free to pander to the casual watcher, but stop off your long-time readers. When will they realize this? Dummy's!!
  • Posted: September 8, 2017 12:47:57 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Marvel has to figure out that their comic book fans are not exactly the same as their movie/TV fans. Feel free to pander to the casual watcher, but stop off your long-time readers. When will they realize this? Dummy's!!

I think you are right on there. Personally I enjoy watching the Marvel movies, but that is really my only connection or interest in Marvel. Same with the X-Men animated series, i watched it everyday and even had VHS tapes of my favorite episodes, but i only have one issue of X-men is my pile that i just got last week.
  • Posted: September 9, 2017 1:59:26 am
  • Marvel Comics Said To Be Experiencing A Heap Of Trouble. ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause Well Done Marvel. You did it. ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause Congrats. ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
  • Posted: September 14, 2017 9:39:00 am
  • Marvel's VP of marketing made a comment like this publicly several months ago and then the Marvel brass came down and they had to "clarify the comments". However it was clear, the main characters are unrecognizable. Personally, I hardly buy any Marvel comics anymore because I simply dont care about these new characters.

Across the board, this initiative to bring in younger diverse readers failed.
  • Posted: September 14, 2017 1:46:50 pm
  • Thanks for all the great stories Marvel. It was nice knowing you. RIP.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 15, 2017 12:41:02 pm
  • I guess Marvel blames the deplorables. And that includes me. Laughing
  • Posted: September 15, 2017 2:03:47 pm
  • See everyone, Marvel is learning!

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-venom-inc/

This is what everyone loves, buying issues of another comic just to get a full story. Right?? Didn't everyone love that??

What morons....
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Walking Carnival's Johnny Grav & The Visioneer Issue # 2
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 46d
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's The Kingdoms of Ruin Soft Cover # 8