feature requests

ASM 667 Dell'otto sells for $10,000 on ebay.... (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM 667 Dell'otto sells for $10,000 on ebay....

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 20, 2017 9:34:11 pm
  • um...lol.. did you see the ending date for that "Sold" item lol...it apparently sold and was paid for tomorrow. lol you sure this isnt just a photoshopped pic lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 20, 2017 10:25:19 pm
  • What's Photoshopped? That's the sold link directly from watchcount.com, which , if you notice, extracts data based on UK time.

The sale will be on GPA tomorrow as well.

of a sale for a of a hard to find book.

JDR

Last edited August 20, 2017 10:30:16 pm
  • Posted: August 23, 2017 12:42:24 pm
  • Meh...I'd rather have a decent copy of AF 15 for that kind of money. Or the original painting of the 667 cover. That's one of one and so much rarer. Laughing
  • Posted: August 23, 2017 2:44:55 pm
  • It actually sold for:US $13,949.99.
  • Posted: August 23, 2017 7:42:18 pm
  • logerine said:
    It actually sold for:US $13,949.99.
    mrhan1 said:
    Meh...I'd rather have a decent copy of AF 15 for that kind of money. Or the original painting of the 667 cover. That's one of one and so much rarer. Laughing

Razz A fairly typical comment when a modern breaks a new price record. Thing is, you could get a CGC 1-1.5 AF 15 any day of the week from ebay and multiple other online auction houses with $10k. How many ASM 667 Dell'otto's could you get right now on eBay, even if you were prepared to spend $20k? That's okay, I'll wait......

And sure, owning the OA would be awesome. But only one person can own that. And what if you don't even collect OA, but only comic books ? They are two distinct things and one won't scratch the itch for the other. There's probably less than 200 copies of the ASM 667 in existence, maybe half those in decent shape. It's very easy for someone to say what they "would do" or would "rather do" if they had "X" amount of money. That's all well and good. But I can tell you one thing you definitely would not he able to buy, either way- a copy of the ASM 667 Dell'otto variant. Lol

@logerine- I just double checked GPA, and it did sell for an even $10k, as reported by them as well.

JDR

Last edited August 23, 2017 7:43:24 pm
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 12:09:09 am
  • @JDR I see that the best offer was accepted. My mistake. Smile
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 12:29:08 am
  • JDR said:
    logerine said:
    mrhan1 said:
    Meh...I'd rather have a decent copy of AF 15 for that kind of money. Or the original painting of the 667 cover. That's one of one and so much rarer. Laughing

Razz A fairly typical comment when a modern breaks a new price record. Thing is, you could get a CGC 1-1.5 AF 15 any day of the week from ebay and multiple other online auction houses with $10k. How many ASM 667 Dell'otto's could you get right now on eBay, even if you were prepared to spend $20k? That's okay, I'll wait......

And sure, owning the OA would be awesome. But only one person can own that. And what if you don't even collect OA, but only comic books ? They are two distinct things and one won't scratch the itch for the other. There's probably less than 200 copies of the ASM 667 in existence, maybe half those in decent shape. It's very easy for someone to say what they "would do" or would "rather do" if they had "X" amount of money. That's all well and good. But I can tell you one thing you definitely would not he able to buy, either way- a copy of the ASM 667 Dell'otto variant. Lol

@logerine- I just double checked GPA, and it did sell for an even $10k, as reported by them as well.

JDR

In the long run it doesn't matter. This issue will never hold any historical value and will most likely lose monetary value. It isn't an origin issue nor a first appearance. Only thing it can say it has a low print run and that's it. Nothing more.
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 12:52:34 am
  • mrhan1 said:
    JDR said:
    logerine said:
    mrhan1 said:

JDR

In the long run it doesn't matter. This issue will never hold any historical value and will most likely lose monetary value. It isn't an origin issue nor a first appearance. Only thing it can say it has a low print run and that's it. Nothing more.

Your opinions seem rather narrow minded and display an apparent lack of understanding of comic book collecting and the collector mentality. This cover is already famous, and by a top tier, highly collected contemporary artist. It has already been reprinted at least two times.

People have collected comics based on artist/cover art since the Golden Age. Did you not know that ? Oh, and it's Spider-Man- one of the most collected individual characters in the history of comics. And this is an issue from the core ASM title. If you're a Spidey completist, you will probably never own this book. Some people simply like to hunt down and collect rare books. Yes, this book is famous because it's rare. Guess what ? That's enough. It won't get any less rare over the ensuing years. And as a side bonus, it's Part One of the Spider Island cross over event from that year. Marvel has repeatedly revisited the storyline concept since this book was originally released over six years ago. What happens if that storyline ever makes it into a movie ? Watch out. Whether you accept it or not, the book is already a modem grail. Hence why people pay four and now five figures just for the chance to touch a copy, and have done so for years. It's a trophy piece. The book is one of the rarest Spider-Man comics a collector can own.

It really isn't rocket science why that is catnip to so many collectors.

JDR

Last edited August 24, 2017 1:38:08 am
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 1:14:47 am
  • $10,000.00 for a CGC graded 9.8 copy is one thing but how much would one expect to pay for a raw VF/NM copy is my question ? Not every copy is in CGC 9.8 graded condition (only 14 copies in 9.8 on CGC census). Especially if 100/225 copies have a printing defect.

To JDR : You seem quite up on this. How much would one have to pay for a raw VF/NM copy, assuming it's even available for sale?

Last edited August 24, 2017 1:23:37 am
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 8:09:46 am
  • JDR said:
    mrhan1 said:
    JDR said:
    logerine said:
    mrhan1 said:

JDR

Your opinions seem rather narrow minded and display an apparent lack of understanding of comic book collecting and the collector mentality. This cover is already famous, and by a top tier, highly collected contemporary artist. It has already been reprinted at least two times.

People have collected comics based on artist/cover art since the Golden Age. Did you not know that ? Oh, and it's Spider-Man- one of the most collected individual characters in the history of comics. And this is an issue from the core ASM title. If you're a Spidey completist, you will probably never own this book. Some people simply like to hunt down and collect rare books. Yes, this book is famous because it's rare. Guess what ? That's enough. It won't get any less rare over the ensuing years. And as a side bonus, it's Part One of the Spider Island cross over event from that year. Marvel has repeatedly revisited the storyline concept since this book was originally released over six years ago. What happens if that storyline ever makes it into a movie ? Watch out. Whether you accept it or not, the book is already a modem grail. Hence why people pay four and now five figures just for the chance to touch a copy, and have done so for years. It's a trophy piece. The book is one of the rarest Spider-Man comics a collector can own.

JDR

Laughing I've been collecting comics for 45 years I've seen books go up and down in value. It's one thing to collect for the fun of it but if your into investing in books your in it for the wrong reason. Why are you so obsessed with this book? Do you own it? Doesn't matter if it's rare or if maybe they will use it's plot in a movie. No one in the long run will remember any of that and will become a footnote. It's probably hot right at this moment because Homecoming did well.

What about the rare variants of the early 90's? Where are they now?

Or Green Lantern #76?

As you've stated...the cover is famous because of the artist. Which goes back to my original post were I stated owning the original will most likely be a better investment because there is only one.

Sounds like your just drinking the Kool Aid and bought into something that really isn't anything special in the long run. If your a true collector none of what I say should bother you. It's just one person's opinion. Nothing more. Responding back is a total lack of integrity on your part and there is no need to keep defending this comic.. Obviously, you will respond and it will just confirm what I assume is true about you. Total fanboy mentality.
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 9:08:06 am
  • mrhan1 said:
    JDR said:
    mrhan1 said:
    JDR said:
    logerine said:
    mrhan1 said:

JDR

JDR

Laughing I've been collecting comics for 45 years I've seen books go up and down in value. It's one thing to collect for the fun of it but if your into investing in books your in it for the wrong reason. Why are you so obsessed with this book? Do you own it? Doesn't matter if it's rare or if maybe they will use it's plot in a movie. No one in the long run will remember any of that and will become a footnote. It's probably hot right at this moment because Homecoming did well.

Or Green Lantern #76?

As you've stated...the cover is famous because of the artist. Which goes back to my original post were I stated owning the original will most likely be a better investment because there is only one.

Sounds like your just drinking the Kool Aid and bought into something that really isn't anything special in the long run. If your a true collector none of what I say should bother you. It's just one person's opinion. Nothing more. Responding back is a total lack of integrity on your part and there is no need to keep defending this comic.. Obviously, you will respond and it will just confirm what I assume is true about you. Total fanboy mentality.

For someone who claims to have been in the hobby so long, you sure seem to have allowed this one book to get under your skin. I wonder why that it...

But please, do tell me about some of the "rare variants" that came out that everybody in "the '90's" was chasing. Because, yes, that's what the nineties were known for and all about. Rare variants (*sarcasm*) Because as I've heard It, the problem with "the '90's" was the multiple million print runs of "event" and gimmick books, and even little old ladies buying comics in multiples believing they were going to put their grandkids through college someday. That's what brought the hobby down in "the '90's".

That you would attempt to conflate that period in comics history with a book that has around 200 copies in existence, and is , quite literally an example of THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what was being released in "the '90's" is quite telling. Ironically, there were in fact a handful of ultra rare variant, mainly early Image titles, released back then. The Maxx Ashcans (if you even want to call those "variants") and Danger Girl come to mind. And the last time I checked, those were going for some serious money as well, particularly the Danger Girl 2 Ruby Red, and guess who was the artist on that one? A very young J Scott Campbell, who just so happens to be another highly collected artist today, 20 years later.
    If there actually was a legit ASM variant in the core title (instead of Danger Girl) by JSC from 20 years ago that only had 200 copies produced, one could only begin to imagine what that would be selling for today.

And I'm not sure how Green Lantern 76 (a mass produced Bronze Age book) is relevant to a discussion about a modern variant.

Ironically you say that I'm "drinking kool-aid" because I can understand why people are eager to pay top dollar to own a Spider-man comic with only a couple hundred copies in existence. Yet from where I sit, your odd and misplaced hostility toward the book tells me that you should try laying off the sour grapes yourself. You'll just keep frustrating yourself because no matter how much griping you do on the internet about It, you're not going to change what the book sells for, or the demand for it.

JDR

Last edited August 24, 2017 9:21:19 pm
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 9:42:59 am
  • JDR said:
    mrhan1 said:
    JDR said:
    mrhan1 said:
    JDR said:
    logerine said:
    mrhan1 said:

JDR

JDR

Or Green Lantern #76?

For someone who claims to have been in the hobby so long, you sure seem to have allowed this one book to get under your skin. I wonder why that it...

But please, do tell me about some of the "rare variants" that came out that everybody in "the '90's" was chasing. Because, yes, that's what the nineties were known for and all about. Rare variants. Because as I've heard It, the problem with "the '90's" was the multiple million print runs of "event" and gimmick books, and even little old ladies buying comics in multiples believing they were going to put their grandkids through college someday. That's what brought the hobby down in "the '90's".

That you would attempt to conflate that period in comics history with a book that has around 200 copies in existence, and is , quite literally an example of THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what was being released in "the '90's" is quite telling. Ironically, there were in fact a handful of ultra rare variant, mainly early Image titles, released back then. The Maxx Ashcans (if you even want to call those "variants") and Danger Girl come to mind. And the last time I checked, those were going for some serious money as well, particularly the Danger Girl 2 Ruby Red, and guess who was the artist on that one? A very young J Scott Campbell, who just so happens to be another highly collected artist today, 20 years later.
    If there actually was a legit ASM variant in the core title (instead of Danger Girl) by JSC from 20 years ago that only had 200 copies produced, one could only begin to imagine what that would be selling for today.

And I'm not sure how Green Lantern 76 (a mass produced Bronze Age book) is relevant to a discussion about a modern variant.

Ironically you say that I'm "drinking kool-aid" because I can understand why people are eager to pay top dollar to own a Spider-man comic with only a couple hundred copies in existence. Yet from where I sit, your odd and misplaced hostility toward the book tells me that you should try laying off the sour grapes yourself. You'll just keep frustrating yourself because no matter how much griping you do on the internet about It, you're not going to change what the book sells for, or the demand for it.

JDR

LaughingLaughingLaughing Whatever, fanboy. I guess my assumptions are correct. You can keep going if you like but you just proved you have no clue whatsoever about comics. Your the one all hurt about some random stranger's opinion. All I know is that your the fanboy. Your opinion has as much credibility as mine...which is worthless. You can keep going...that's what fanboys do. I'm done. At this point your just posting to yourself trying to justify your point...which is worthless. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

I mentioned GL #76. It went to a high of $35K and now it isn't worth anything close to that. Just a simple example of books going up and down. Nothing more. Sorry that you couldn't comprehend that.

Oh, one last thing...you mentioned you ONLY heard about the 90's variant fiasco....What are you 10? Sorry, I can't keep responding to a child. It would be like child abuse. LaughingLaughing

Thamks for the laughs. I'm done. The last word is yours. Happy now? LaughingLaughingLaughing

Last edited August 24, 2017 9:46:42 am
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 10:45:01 am
  • Debate 101- You know you've lost when you start attacking the debater and not the argument.

Better luck next time.

JDR
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 1:23:48 pm
  • I don't care what people collect. It's their business what they want to spend their money on. I don't know if this ASM 667 book will still sell for 10K in ten or twenty years from now. But personally, I don't like manufactured scarcity. That's what this book is. Manufactured to be collectible. Tomorrow Marvel could do another pre-planned scarce Dell'otto Spidey book with only ten copies. That kind of thing just doesn't appeal to me.
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 1:57:58 pm
  • logerine said:
    I don't care what people collect. It's their business what they want to spend their money on. I don't know if this ASM 667 book will still sell for 10K in ten or twenty years from now. But personally, I don't like manufactured scarcity. That's what this book is. Manufactured to be collectible. Tomorrow Marvel could do another pre-planned scarce Dell'otto Spidey book with only ten copies. That kind of thing just doesn't appeal to me.

Aren't all comic books ostensibly "manufactured to be collectible"? And just because something is created in small quantities does not mean it will become valuable. The market decides that. The vast, vast majority of variants (or comics in general for that matter) produced do not attain (or hold) value. It should surprise no one that some do. That is an inevitability. The ASM 667 Dell'otto, while certainly originally intended to be a "chase variant" became something else after the bizarre way Marvel released it (by not even announcing it until after the retailer final order cut-off) and the obtuse way retailers could qualify for it (there was already another variant announced prior that had a competing incentive that could be ordered in unlimited quantities, yet none of those copies counted toward the Dell'otto). Couple that with the fact that half the already small print run was damaged, and you have a perfect storm for a book to be even rarer than it was ever originally intended by multiples, and a combination of events that is highly unlikely to be repeated on another book. Most dealers, let alone collectors, simply never knew that the book even existed until the cat was already out of the bag. Marvel has indeed done 1:1000 ratios on ASM that should in theory be rarer or as rare as the 667 Dell'otto. But those have not caught on like the 667. Rarity alone does not guarantee value. People literally did not see the 667 coming. Literally. Those are the usually the books that catch fire. The ones that collectors did not see coming.

JDR

Last edited August 24, 2017 2:02:26 pm
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 2:45:29 pm
  • No, I don't think all comics were manufactured to be collectible--especially those from the Golden, Silver, and Bronze Ages. Those books were read, slid into back pockets, and rolled up to swat flies. Of course some survived in pristine 9.4-9.8 condition. The fates were kind to those copies.

These modern pre-planned scarce comics were indeed made to be collectors items. Those types of books just don't appeal to me, but that doesn't mean others can not enjoy them. Collect what you like and what you can afford.

Happy collecting to all.

Last edited August 24, 2017 2:46:21 pm
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 3:44:56 pm
  • logerine said:
    No, I don't think all comics were manufactured to be collectible--especially those from the Golden, Silver, and Bronze Ages. Those books were read, slid into back pockets, and rolled up to swat flies. Of course some survived in pristine 9.4-9.8 condition. The fates were kind to those copies.

These modern pre-planned scarce comics were indeed made to be collectors items. Those types of books just don't appeal to me, but that doesn't mean others can not enjoy them. Collect what you like and what you can afford.

Happy collecting to all.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. Comics have been known to be "collector's items", saved , preserved and consciously cared for since at least the mid-60's and as early as the early '70's, publishers were slathering the actual words "collector's item" on the covers of comics.

And again, it doesn't matter how scarce a comic Is, be it through attrition, damages, or through the exclusivity of a limited print run (all of which actually apply to the 667, which would account for its freakish degree of rarity), if there is no demand for the book there will be no value. Rarity alone does not equate to value. Scarcity does not equate to demand. If nobody wants It, nobody wants it. And if many people want it, and there's only a handful of copies to go around to legions of fans, then values will spike. Which is why there are tons of dusty old esoteric books from the '40's and '50's that you couldn't give away, and why you have a book like the the 667 from a mainline title featuring a top 2 character that's still less than ten years old go for ten grand.

JDR

Last edited August 24, 2017 9:18:01 pm
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 3:51:09 pm
  • Yes. We will have to agree to disagree on this subject.
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 3:58:28 pm
  • Concerning anyone who would pay $10,000 for a modern variant : a fool and his money are soon parted
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 4:57:52 pm
  • logerine said:
    Concerning anyone who would pay $10,000 for a modern variant : a fool and his money are soon parted

They said the same thing about the people who paid $1000 for a raw copy of the book in 2012.
    And about the people who paid $2000 for one in 2013.
    And about the guy who paid $5k for a 9.8 in 2015.
    And Look! This guy paid $1700 for one of the beat up, damaged raw copies that was listed as a "7.0" on mycomicshop in 2016:

http://mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=36417518

$1700 for a raw modern comic in just FN condition?? That's just crazy right?? What is that guy thinking?? (Maybe some people just know some things that you don't. ;))
    Have I hurt your feelings enough yet?
    What will you say when the next 9.8 goes for $15k in another 2-5 years (that's how often 9.8's of this book have averaged surfacing on the market)? Will you still be crying then or will you finally concede an "attaboy" to the people who told you so ? Lol

Nevermind, I know the answer. We all know what sour grapes and hater-aid look like.

JDR

Last edited August 24, 2017 5:09:16 pm
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 5:13:19 pm
  • Laughing you didn't hurt "muh feelings" Laughing I'm not a pansy snowflake. We're talking comic books.
    No sour grapes here. Collect what you like.
  • Posted: August 24, 2017 6:36:44 pm
  • logerine said:
    Laughing you didn't hurt "muh feelings" Laughing I'm not a pansy snowflake. We're talking comic books.
    No sour grapes here. Collect what you like.

Indeed. Wink

At the end of the day whatever one of these sells for and however infrequently one surfaces, at the end of the day it is either a symptom or a sign of anything larger at play. The simple fact is that this book, in almost every way possible, has been an anomaly since the day it was first announced, and continues to be one today. It is not the norm. Just like people pay big money for books with double covers and other manufacturing errors, and "9.9" grades on slabs, there will always be a market for rare oddities or deviations in the hobby. This particular oddity just so happens to be a Spider-man comic with a great cover by a very popular and talented artist. So the effect is multiplied. I am not making the case that the 667 is or should be the norm for all variant, and hey everybody let's all go out and speculate on every variant that comes out because it might be "The Next ASM 667". Indeed, there are maybe just a couple of dozen modern variants from the last 15 years that consistently sell for more than even $1000, and this book is the first and only one to sell for anywhere near $10,000. I think the next closest book would be the Batman 608RRP which has several sales in the $5500 range for a 9.8. But again, even that book is a bit of an oddity in its own right. At the end of the day the market is diverse enough to handle the occasional fluke book that defies expectations. Dancing

JDR

Last edited August 24, 2017 6:37:46 pm
  • Posted: October 3, 2017 6:46:06 pm
  • So a copy of this book (ASM 667 Dell'otto) sells very publicly for $10,000 over six weeks ago and not one single other copy surfaces to the market....

I don't think that even happens with Golden Age books when a big sale happens in that market.

JDR
  • Posted: October 4, 2017 2:13:18 am
  • JDR said:
    Have I hurt your feelings enough yet?
    Will you still be crying then or will you finally concede. . .
    Nevermind, I know the answer. . .

JDR

Laughing A lonely refugee from the collapsed remains of Flametown?
    I thought the few that remained were all huddled together at Third Rail these days. . .

SAD

Last edited October 4, 2017 2:21:37 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 4, 2017 2:25:18 am
  • logerine said:
    Concerning anyone who would pay $10,000 for a modern variant : a fool and his money are soon parted

Amen
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: October 4, 2017 9:29:35 pm
  • atom said:
    logerine said:

Amen

That's what they said when it was a $300 book in 2011. A $700 book in 2012. A $1200 book in 2013. A $2500 book in 2015. A $5000 book in 2016.

At what point do ridiculous haters get tired of being WRONG. Lol

...and still no other copy has surfaced after this recent $10,000 sale in 2017. None. Zero. Nada. A copy of an ASM with maybe 100 copies in existence by an A list artist ? It doesn't take much convincing for a high roller to pony up for something like that. The price for admission is high when you want something that almost nobody can own, even if they have the money for it.

JDR

Last edited October 4, 2017 9:56:04 pm
  • Posted: October 7, 2017 9:34:03 pm
  • I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to information on this book and know of at least 3 collectors who have this raw in NM/Mint and are not looking into grading their copies anytime soon. I also know of a dealer who received 8 copies of this book when it was ordered. My lcs had 1.

With all the unknowns and hypotheses going on out there, I think we can probably all agree that the overall numbers pale in comparison to the next "uber rare" variant, but I am a believer that there are collectors out there that are "Spidey" collectors who stuck this in their box and haven't given it a thought since. In my 3+ decades of collecting, I always assume there is more out there than what we know. Still, however, it is a very uncommon book and does have a unique story to it...
  • Posted: October 8, 2017 12:30:24 am
  • LovetheLizard said:
    I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to information on this book and know of at least 3 collectors who have this raw in NM/Mint and are not looking into grading their copies anytime soon. I also know of a dealer who received 8 copies of this book when it was ordered. My lcs had 1.

With all the unknowns and hypotheses going on out there, I think we can probably all agree that the overall numbers pale in comparison to the next "uber rare" variant, but I am a believer that there are collectors out there that are "Spidey" collectors who stuck this in their box and haven't given it a thought since. In my 3+ decades of collecting, I always assume there is more out there than what we know. Still, however, it is a very uncommon book and does have a unique story to it...

Of course there are un-graded copies out there. But there are currently only 35 or so on the census. The book is now over six years old. How many are there out there exactly? Less than 225. How many are in high grade ? Less than 100. These are the generally accepted numbers at this point. Sure there are Spidey collectors. Are the completists who actually managed to get this book clueless about what it's worth now? Of course not. Everybody knows about this book by now and it's not under anybody's radar. So there's a lot of pretty tough Spidey variants out there that have also sold for quite a bit the moment they came out. The ASM 678 Mary Jane comes to mind. That book came out about 6 months after the 667 and there's about 135 of those on the census. That's about 100 more than the 667, of an also famous and rare and expensive book. And at any given moment there are usually a few slabs for sale on eBay. Maybe a raw copy in less than perfect shape pops up once every 3-6 months. Not so with the 667 though. No slabs and certainly no raw copies hardly ever around. Only a handful of copies on the census. Nobody looking to cash out of their copies. And that's because there are very few copies in very few hands.

JDR
  • Posted: October 10, 2017 8:45:36 pm
  • Waste of money. Anyone can post a comic for sale and buy it from themselves to stir up hype. I'm not even saying they did, but they CAN. For that reason alone, no one should look at that as the true worth of the product. No one will care about this comic in 5 years. I don't care about it now. I wouldn't buy it for the cost of the slab. As far as I'm concerned, it's more modern garbage.
  • Posted: October 10, 2017 10:29:28 pm
  • That was a real buy. You should do a little research on this particular comic before making statements like that. There are a lot of buyers for this comic at this price, I have seen two copies for sale in a little over a year and both sold nearly instantly. This is one of those impossible to find comics and the price reflects that rarity and high demand.

I would agree with your statement on 99% of modern comics, this is the exception.

32 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Anthrolations Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 5b
  • DC Comics's Naomi: Season 2 Issue # 1the 616
  • Marvel Comics's The Incredible Hulk Issue # 10c