feature requests

Are backer boards collectible? Serious (Comic Book Forums)

• Are backer boards collectible? Serious

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 15, 2017 3:11:09 pm
  • So I'm entering all my comics into the database here on the site and I come across some comics I received by subscription through the mail from Marvel. The comics are in a cellophane bag with backer boards. On one side of the board is my address label with a picture of Spider-Man and on the other side of the backer board is a subscription form. Will people in the future want the backer board for collecting or should I toss it out?

On the one hand it's part of the comic's story, like provenance, and people in the future might like to see the old timey ads. On the other hand, it's a backer board and the cellophane might be bad for the comic. So what do I do? I am not famous like NIcholas Cage or anything so no one will want to own the book because it's my address label. I'm just a regular person.
  • Posted: August 15, 2017 5:11:18 pm
  • Sunfrog, you may be a "regular person", but you're a way better actor than Nicolas Cage, of that I have no doubt. My two cents would be for you to keep those old Marvel custom backing boards. I doubt their value is worth more than your memories of ordering comic books those many years ago. I look forward to "seeing" your collection on CBR once you're done indexing them all.
  • Posted: August 15, 2017 7:46:21 pm
  • i got a slue of these a couple months back in a bulk collection buy...i dont think they have a very high resale price tag lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 16, 2017 5:19:33 pm
  • Well, you know how collectors always want the box the thing came in? Like the video game box or toy or whatever. Isn't the backer board and cellophane like the box? Will they want to see that it came from a subscription?
  • Posted: August 16, 2017 9:38:29 pm
  • not really sure tbh...im 100% sure someone out there will really want it that way...others may see it as a novelty cool item to have, ive sold some crazy things i never thought would sell so. Anything is possible...I just feel they MAY be on Ebay (if thats where you planned to sell it) for a few cycles (BIN)...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: November 7, 2017 2:27:16 am
  • Yup - have sold some crazy things myself on Ebay .. so you never know. lol
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Harper Alley's Lightfall TPB # 3
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 1 - 2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 7b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 3b