feature requests

Flo Steinberg Passes Away (Comic Book Forums)

• Flo Steinberg Passes Away

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 23, 2017 1:58:47 pm
  • I bet she had some stories to tell...R.I.P. Sad

Marvel & Indy Comics Legend ‘Fabulous’ Flo Steinberg Passes Away

Florence “Flo” Steinberg, the woman who helped keep Marvel Comics running during the Silver Age and a pioneer in independent comics in her own right, has passed away. Her death was reported by close friend and industry legend Larry Hama, who released a statement via Facebook.
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-indy-comics-legend-fabulous-flo-steinberg-passes-away/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 24, 2017 3:21:06 am
  • Another legend lost. RIP and condolences to her family.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: August 6, 2017 1:02:46 pm
  • Came across this and thought I would share...
    Flo Steinberg’s marvelous mark on comics remembered by former Marvel editor

When I worked with her at Marvel Comics, Florence “Flo” Steinberg took the bus to work every day, from a modest apartment in East 20s to midtown Manhattan. I like to imagine she’d sit next to a little kid wearing an Iron Man backpack — that same kid unaware that this unassuming woman from the neighborhood was a key player in the creation of the Marvel Universe. When she passed away on July 23, Flo left behind one heck of a legacy for the comic book industry.
    Born and raised outside of Boston, she came to New York City after college in the 1960s and was one of the first full-time employees for Marvel Comics, serving as receptionist, fan liaison and all-around girl Friday for Stan Lee as he built a universe of characters that dominate the pop culture landscape today.

Read more here- http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1640886
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 7, 2017 10:07:03 am
  • ^^^ Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
  • Posted: August 7, 2017 8:05:13 pm
  • Rest in Peace FloSad
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 9
  • DC Comics's DC Connect Issue # 47
  • Dark Horse Comics's Goon: Them That Don't Stay Dead Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Supergirl Annual # 2