feature requests

Shopping for hard to find comics / British comics (Comic Book Forums)

• Shopping for hard to find comics / British comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 19, 2017 7:44:42 pm
  • I posted a WTB in the trading section, with no response, so I figured I would broaden my outreach to look for suggestions.

Anyone have a good method / place they go to or have any suggestions? I'm not even talking valuable rares, I am just having problem filling in a hole in 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine (relatively recent). Basically, Midtown up a pre-order, and then for a year and a half kept saying it was on its way. I've now decided it's never coming, so its time to find it on my own.

I'm looking for Judge Dredd Megazine 372 and 2000 AD 1979-1982. Anyone have suggestions on sites that might carry them? I've been having minimal luck on my own, even including ebay.

Thanks,

Tex
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 8:45:06 am
  • Try Forbidden Planet U.K. or ebay.co.uk or Google "British comic book store"

• Posted: July 22, 2017 11:29:06 am
  • Unfortunately no luck on any of the above. Any other suggestions?
  • Posted: July 22, 2017 4:08:24 pm
  • Did you try Mile High? Yeah I know pricing can be crazy but they may have what you're looking for or can get it for you.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 24, 2017 12:24:47 am
  • You could try the facebook group, Foreign Comic Book Collectors. Using them and ebay I've really been able to expand my foreign G.I. Joe collection a lot.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: July 24, 2017 1:37:05 pm
  • It will take you some time to navigate the site, but you will likely find what you need right here: http://dougcomicworld.com
  • Posted: July 26, 2017 6:14:00 pm
  • Good ideas, thanks. Logerine I just sent them an email.
  • Posted: July 26, 2017 6:17:19 pm
  • You're welcome. 👍🏻 Hope you find what you need.
  • Posted: July 28, 2017 5:18:08 am
  • , no luck there either. Anyone else have any ideas. Seems strange that in the day of the internet this is as hard as it is.
  • Posted: July 28, 2017 12:08:41 pm
  • did you contact the publisher?
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 29, 2017 2:45:07 pm
  • Yup, they said it released on time, and they are sold out.
  • Posted: August 5, 2017 2:04:07 pm
  • Good call on the 2000 ADs, placing an order now, thanks!

Midtown is who i preorder from, they have been saying every month for the last year and a half, but basically they don't know what's goin on . I have already talked to them both through email and phone.
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4b
  • DC Comics's Harley Quinn Issue # 38syndicate-b
  • Pronto Comics's Manganation Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's The Invincible Iron Man Issue # 16d