feature requests

George A. Romero, Night of the Living Dead Creator, Has Died @ 77 (Comic Book Forums)

• George A. Romero, Night of the Living Dead Creator, Has Died @ 77

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 16, 2017 8:04:48 pm
  • R.I.P. Sir Crying or Very sad Another talent gone.

Horror icon and legendary filmmaker George A. Romero has died at the age of 77. He is best known for bringing the modern take on zombies to the big screen with his landmark Night of the Living Dead film and its follow-ups.

According to a statement released to the LA Times from his longtime producing partner Peter Grunwald, Romero died Sunday in the wake of a “brief but aggressive battle with lung cancer.” He passed away while listening to the score of 1952’s The Quiet Man — one of his favorite films — alongside his wife, Suzanne Desrocher Romero, and daughter, Tina Romero.

Having started the modern zombie genre with 1968’s Night of the Living Dead — which he directed and co-wrote with John A. Russo — Romero followed-up the instant classic with 1978’s Dawn of the Dead, 1985’s Day of the Dead, 2005’s Land of the Dead, 2007’s Diary of the Dead and 2009’s George A. Romero’s Survival of the Dead.

http://www.cbr.com/george-a-romero-night-of-the-living-dead-creator-has-died/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 20, 2017 10:58:55 am
  • I heard the bad news a couple of days ago. His memorial service was in Toronto just recently. He has been living in Toronto (my home town, of course) for over a decade. A very important man when it comes to the creation and popularity of zombies (worldwide). There would be no Walking Dead TV show if it wasn't for Mr. Romero!! R.I.P.
  • Posted: July 20, 2017 3:56:03 pm
  • RIP Sad
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 43
  • Illiterature Press's Chronic Apathy Issue # 3
  • Scout Comics's Drexler Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2g