feature requests

What to do with non key/filler books?? (Comic Book Forums)

• What to do with non-key/filler books??

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 12:36:16 pm
  • I have two totes full of comic books that I'm not sure what to do with. I figure nobody is going to want them because they are not keys. I'd like to sell them but do I sell them as one lot or do I group them together by title?

I guess my question is: what do you do with the books you no longer want, or need for your collection? Or if you buy someone else's collection and want to get rid of the filler issues that you didn't really want......

I figure if I take them to my LCS they will want like 10 cents a book and then throw them in their dollar bins or something.

What do you guys do?
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 12:50:44 pm
  • I rent a table at a local comic con and try to blow them out - 50 cents or three for a dollar.
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 12:55:05 pm
  • Post a link to a Sell Pile in Wheeling and Dealing - note average condition and a per book sale price like junobeach noted. Your unwanted fillers are someone else's long lost holes in a run!
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 12:56:51 pm
  • That's very true. I thought about doing that, but shipping costs might pose a problem unless there are some local people on here.
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 1:03:14 pm
  • I don't think so - it depends on number of books buyer wants to pay to ship in the end. I would suggest parcel post. I use to buy books from jkoswold 150 at a time!
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 1:56:26 pm
  • deaditeash said:
    Post a link to a Sell Pile in Wheeling and Dealing - note average condition and a per book sale price like junobeach noted. Your unwanted fillers are someone else's long lost holes in a run!

There's the idea! I'm a firm believer that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Comics have more value than just their dollar value.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 2:03:12 pm
  • kewilson said:
    That's very true. I thought about doing that, but shipping costs might pose a problem unless there are some local people on here.

Local flea market? When my collection gets too big for the room I have it in and I want to thin it out a bit, I rent a space and sell comics for $2 apiece, 6 for $5 and if I see a kid without the money for one he wants, I give it to them.

Clears space in the longboxes PLUS gives me cash to let my wife buy we don't need at the flea market.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 2:08:14 pm
  • Funny, my wife tells me the same thing about my comic books - " we don't need".

Those are all good ideas. I think I'm going to start with the Sell Pile on here first and see where it goes. I did have a garage sale a few years ago and sold about $40 worth. Maybe someone I know will have a garage sale and I can unload some then. Problem is around my area everyone wants something for next to nothing at garage sales.
  • Posted: June 27, 2017 2:12:21 pm
  • If you just need to get rid of them donate them to a hospital (kids ward) or even a elementary school library may take them.
    Kids love to read them, but they don't usually have the money to buy them so this way someone can enjoy them.

Last edited June 27, 2017 2:14:25 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 28, 2017 3:20:35 pm
  • A few years ago I sold Spawn 1-83 as a whole for $1 each and four more short boxes of miscellaneous books for .65 cents each all on Craigslist.
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Oni Press's Cemetery Kids Don't Die Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 6d
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 3