feature requests

ASM Straight Run 1 200 just sold on ebay (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM Straight Run 1-200 just sold on ebay

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 21, 2017 1:13:49 pm
  • I can't imagine how big/heavy that box is to ship all those comics. And to keep them all secure for transit. Would be scared to death. Hope they insure and get a signature confirmation on that bad boy.
  • Posted: June 22, 2017 8:25:23 am
  • To ship there are two options I see. I bought a Fables run where he just stuffed them in a short box and taped the out of it. Worked great. Or, you pack them in smaller boxes, like 30-40 a piece, then stuff those boxes in a bigger box.

Anyway, pretty good price considering some of those were rough but the #1 looked good. I'm missing 60 or so from 1-100 and then I'll have #1-700 plus full runs of all the other titles. I guess I'm still missing a few annuals for ASM.

Now I sort of have a bench mark for price, although mine will be in better condition. I don't like comics with torn covers at all, but I may have to get over that for the #1-5 ASM unless I really save up.
  • Posted: June 22, 2017 8:36:01 am
  • Yeah I thought several were banged up and I agree that this was a good bench mark. Still banged up or not it was a nice run in general. I don't like this renumbering mess everyone is doing now a days it takes away from elegance of the legacy numbering. I read somewhere I think on here that if they do a reboot they keep the legacy numbering as well so it never loses its place in the line of the run. It will not be long when they renumber which will happen but I think a lot of people will be unhappy with where they pick up. I think they will do what they did with Venom and include the .1s and possibly some of the other Issues perhaps like Superior because it was apart of the story line. I read through how they came up with Venom 150 so this would not surprise me.

About this run on ebay I cannot imagine that many of these come up for sale.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Special nn
  • Cat Wants In's Dark 30 Issue # 3
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1encased
  • Vanguard Productions's Space Cowboy Issue # 1b